This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
    No its not ridiculous at all snapper , she should air her views after the fact , not before . And it seems people in power are agreeing .But there ya go , you dont , fine , so be it .
    It's all very well to say "she should air her views after the fact , not before" but in fact such a restriction of her liberty - which you enjoy - would effectively gag her... How can she know in advance what issue may come before the court in which His Lordship sits? As she cannot be 100% sure what issues might come to the court you are effectively saying she shouldn't speak about any of her views; a significant infringement of the freedoms you yourself enjoy.

Yes I am Sara (one r).

Comment

• What a disgrace. Not only they are saying she can't speak for herself and have a publicly expressed opinion, but they are also saying, the judge will only do whatever the voices in his wife's head tell him to do.

Good they don't think some engineer in the automotive sector would make all the blinkers pink because his wife, or ffs, mother in law told him so.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        What a disgrace. Not only they are saying she can't speak for herself and have a publicly expressed opinion, but they are also saying, the judge will only do whatever the voices in his wife's head tell him to do.

Good they don't think some engineer in the automotive sector would make all the blinkers pink because his wife, or ffs, mother in law told him so.
        Shit happens huh . And if your married you will know about it ,,if not and are wanting to be ,you have arguments and delights heading your way to contemplate ,haha , old joke ,, at a wedding the vicar being a smart arse stated , I want all the men who's life has been made beautiful and worthwhile ,go and stand next to the person who made it that way , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the barman was nearly killed in the crush .
        Last edited by tankie; 22 Nov 16,, 01:47.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CxX-B-2UAAADtmy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1469827

Comment

• yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy , clap,,,,,,,, clap ,,,,,,,,,slowly ,,clap , and if the arrogance of the remain camp who thought it was a done deal got off their collective arrogant arses and voted then your post is , well clap ,,clap ,,clap .There was also no extra deals for the uk to stay ,,just same old same old ,, Heres a nice tidbit for you , whats gonna happen now in France , sarkozy threw in the towel and that gorjjjjjjjjjuss hunk of a gal M LEe Penn might just take over , oooooohh but lets not think of that just yet , you never know she might walk into a 7.62

Have a guess who cares ??? ,,Oh , ps , the TORY arseholes in charge should have had a plan before going to the polls with their arrogant noses stuck firmly in the air who voted 6 to 1 for a referendum ,,then what ,,boooooooom , camoronoccio n the cokea cola kid bailed out , Farage promised us things which people voted on , camoronoccio n his coke snorting deputy did as well , seems like Trumps new sidekick farage's lies were better believed ,then he bailed out leaving the remoaners to sort it ,,yayyyyy way ta go Nige , however the point is , the leave side voted out because we just wanted to screw yours n zaras lives up ,, thats it ,a conspiracy against you 2 nowt else just that . Seems like we did a gr888888888 job huh . But no doubt in the future you will get by , Do have a spiffing day snapper , stay safe , its a nasty ol world out there with people who dont agree with the way things were , Yes stay safe , TTFN .
            Last edited by tankie; 22 Nov 16,, 17:23.

Comment

• I posted it because I found it quite amusing, that's all and certainly not to antagonise you so please save your sarcasm and invective out.

Comment

• B/S , no you never , you posted it with one agenda only ,if not why did you not explain in your own words before posting it how you found it ,,amusing , ?? but if you think the truth is sarcasm , ( except for the conspiracy bit which i found amusing lol ) well what can one say TTFN snapper .
                Last edited by tankie; 22 Nov 16,, 18:59.

Comment

• I am afraid you clearly cannot read my mind. I merely posted it because I found it amusing and never intended to offend you. I apologise that it has offended you; that was not my intention though you are perhaps being a little too sensitive. Frankly it doesn't really bother me what Britain does anymore; next year I am getting married to a Ukrainian and will take up a job teaching history at a University in Ukraine and perhaps stand in local Government elections. My future is here and we have far more problems than the UK, but I do not hesitate to face them.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                    I am afraid you clearly cannot read my mind. I merely posted it because I found it amusing and never intended to offend you. I apologise that it has offended you; that was not my intention though you are perhaps being a little too sensitive. Frankly it doesn't really bother me what Britain does anymore; next year I am getting married to a Ukrainian and will take up a job teaching history at a University in Ukraine and perhaps stand in local Government elections. My future is here and we have far more problems than the UK, but I do not hesitate to face them.
                    Theres not a man alive can read a womans mind , but your patronising wont wash snapper , you knew exactly what / why you posted it ,my reaction was perhaps not the one you expected hey , truth , no need for appologies , but gadzooks , we should be debating brexit as a serious topic , good luck in the ukraine , here in the UK we will hopefully sort our problems out .

Comment

• Nor was I trying to patronise you but thank you for your good wishes and I certainly hope the UK can make a success of Brexit, though in my view that is almost impossible as one of the serious points it makes is the almost impossibly high expectations those who voted leave were led to believe in.

Now I hear Trump would like Farage at 3100 Massachusetts Avenue (the British Embassy in Washington DC) and frankly that is another thing that can't happen.
                      Last edited by snapper; 22 Nov 16,, 18:26.

Comment

Nor was I trying to patronise you .
                        Yes you were , you never from the start liked the fact the out was the vote , who did you blame in your dummy throwing tantrums ??? me thats who , and your block post still shows how resentful and bitter you still are ,, posted because you thought it funny , B/S you posted it to get reaction , why did you not write how you found this post funny and amusing before just posting it ,i would have maybe agreed with you , you got the reaction you desired but not quite what you expected , still , good luck in your chosen career as a politician , you certainly have all the traits to qualify , bye .

Comment

• So now you contradict yourself and claim you can read my mind. I have explained that I did not intend to offend you - as indeed I never set out to deliberately offend anyone - and apologised if I did but still you continue to claim you know why I posted it better than I and make sarcastic attacks on me. This says more about you than anything esle. Nor do you own the Brexit case and I see no reason why piece of humour on the issue should be viewed as a direct affront to you personally.

As you know I agree with many of the criticisms of the EU - some I helped formulate even but I am used to dealing with real issues and while we were in the EU arguing the reformist case was plausible and even possible. However the problems involved in leaving the EU - and the onward lack of influence within it - and also signing new trade deals with most of the world make the problems of reforming the EU and abolishing the euro look like child's play. It will take 20 to 30yrs before the UK has the free trade access not just to Europe but to other world markets that it has within the EU. You have fallen for slogans - some of which were direct lies... There will be no 'promised land' where everything is rosy, you have a long and precarious path to make a success of Brexit. You are an idealist in some ways - a 'little Englander' as some may call it - though I personally used to like nothing more than watching village cricket on a Sunday afternoon myself - but I am a realist and I have to tell you that the expectations you have been led to believe in are illusions. You may succeed in breaking up the UK and raising the debt to GDP ratio to almost Greek level medium term but at least you'll have British Courts deciding British issues - which now apparently is not so good - and Parliament sovereign - which again now you are not so keen on... The difference between you and I is I understood the issues and you just believed the slogans. I wish you well.

Comment

• Guys. Ratchet it down a few notches. You can discuss respectfully without name calling. We expect better from you WABbers like yourself.
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

So now you contradict yourself and claim you can read my mind. I have explained that I did not intend to offend you - as indeed I never set out to deliberately offend anyone - and apologised if I did but still you continue to claim you know why I posted it better than I and make sarcastic attacks on me. This says more about you than anything esle. Nor do you own the Brexit case and I see no reason why piece of humour on the issue should be viewed as a direct affront to you personally.

As you know I agree with many of the criticisms of the EU - some I helped formulate even but I am used to dealing with real issues and while we were in the EU arguing the reformist case was plausible and even possible. However the problems involved in leaving the EU - and the onward lack of influence within it - and also signing new trade deals with most of the world make the problems of reforming the EU and abolishing the euro look like child's play. It will take 20 to 30yrs before the UK has the free trade access not just to Europe but to other world markets that it has within the EU. You have fallen for slogans - some of which were direct lies... There will be no 'promised land' where everything is rosy, you have a long and precarious path to make a success of Brexit. You are an idealist in some ways - a 'little Englander' as some may call it - though I personally used to like nothing more than watching village cricket on a Sunday afternoon myself - but I am a realist and I have to tell you that the expectations you have been led to believe in are illusions. You may succeed in breaking up the UK and raising the debt to GDP ratio to almost Greek level medium term but at least you'll have British Courts deciding British issues - which now apparently is not so good - and Parliament sovereign - which again now you are not so keen on... The difference between you and I is I understood the issues and you just believed the slogans. I wish you well.
                              Contradict myself ,hahahahahaha , ohhhh no I never , ,i cant read your mind , only your words ! but now we see Cindy lauper huh ? , WHY OH WHY DO YOU KEEP REFERRING THIS AS MY FAULT , YOU YOU YOU is your fav quote , there are 17.5 millions of so called little Englanders , what does that tell you ,,,, Little Englander ,, ohhh please , thats rich coming from a Russian , putins new slaves , hohum ,tell me why are you so concerned of little england brexiting , your gonna live in Russias satelite countries are you not ???And i dont own the brexit case , YOU MADE IT PERSONAL BY STATING IT WAS MY FAULT , to which you were villified by members here so keep your B/S to yourself , PS miss Ukraine , i have more right to it than YOU DO The whole world of politics ( your world of choice ) is an illusion ,a magic trick of lies and deciet ,you will / or already do , fit right in , enjoy .
                              Last edited by tankie; 23 Nov 16,, 11:19.

Comment

• Some interesting Brexity days ahead...

Got the Richmond by-election on on the 1st (Go Lib-Dems!), the Italian referendum on the 4th and then the Supreme Court Case on the 6th.

Maybe it's my liberal bubble, but the consensus seems to be that the government are gonna lose now (yay!)

Comment

Working...
                                X