X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    So how does it work in the UK?
    Same; that is the last word on the law as it stands. You could of course change the law via Act of Parliament but in this case where the Government was seeking to avoid a vote in Parliament to trigger Article 50 that would evidently be rather pointless. It's a procedural ruling rather than a substantive one.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Therefore, ​the #DemocraticParty is launching #OperationBeacon to unite Brexiteers in every county of the country to campaign now for the triggering of Article 50.
      The BDP still exists and its members are still at large? For those who don't care to read that wikipedia link, the British Democratic Party is a spinoff split from the British National Party three years ago trying to unite those who do not agree with the in their opinion too appeasing course of the BNP (such as the BNP not denying the Holocaust). Rural neonazis from the East Midlands pretty much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
        The citizens voted leave!
        And the constitution says that only parliament can strip a citizens rights. The law comes before the mob.

Comment

RUBBISH , since when does biassed judiciary have a say over democratic decisions ,and why am i not surprised at your post , check below for more info , which of course you n others will dismiss as it doesnt suit your remoaning agenda .Even you must be able to see the irony ? .
          Oh stop crying Brexitears and MOVE ON Tankie.
          The LAW is the LAW and it has spoken. Stop whingeing and accept it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            So let me ask...

Here in the US if the Supreme Court says "X" then that's it. Regardless of how any other wants, desires, referenda or legislation may go, they are the final arbiters of the Constitution. Period. They hav eeven decided in the case of a Presidential Election (see Gore v Bush 2000). All abided by that.

So how does it work in the UK?
            Well in the UK we do have a higher court of appeal. Unfortunately in this case it's the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg. If the government lose their appeal in the supreme court as expected we could end in the hilarious situation of asking the ECJ to determine if our parliament gets a say on Brexit!

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
              Oh stop crying Brexitears and MOVE ON Tankie.
              The LAW is the LAW and it has spoken. Stop whingeing and accept it.
              Deary me , your trying to make me sound like you Zara , democracy preceded the biassed Brussels judge , but , lets wait n see shall we , whinging hahahaha that's cool from a remoaner , who,s been shown an undemocratic loophole , but wait n see wait n see .Zara just who is it makes , the law ??? Who is it trying to usurp ,the law ? And of course you remoaners will grasp at any straw , so be it , we will see just how the democracy in the UK will pan out huh , if the vote is overturned democracy is at great risk , and ddemocracy is there for you and everyone else who believes in it , but if you don't you then become what people call , HYPOCRITES
              Last edited by tankie; 03 Nov 16,, 22:30.

Comment

Deary me , your trying to make me sound like you Zara , democracy preceded the biassed Brussels judge , but , lets wait n see shall we , whinging hahahaha that's cool from a remoaner , who,s been shown an undemocratic loophole , but wait n see wait n see .Zara just who is it makes , the law ??? Who is it trying to usurp ,the law ? And of course you remoaners will grasp at any straw , so be it , we will see just how the democracy in the UK will pan out huh , if the vote is overturned democracy is at great risk , and ddemocracy is there for you and everyone else who believes in it , but if you don't you then become what people call , HYPOCRITES
                Well if the Lord Chief Justice and the Master of the Rolls interpretation of our constitution was flawed, then you can have every faith that the Supreme court will set them right in the appeal. But if you want the referendum results to override our constitution then you'll be bitterly disapointed as that has never been how British democracy has worked.
                Last edited by zara; 03 Nov 16,, 22:50.

Comment

• Enlighten me then on how it works Zara ,,one Q for you , just answer truthfully, do you or do you not believe in DEMOCRACY as that is what is at stake here , regardless of how you voted and wished for , DEMOCRACY , yes or no , oh n ps , the posts I posted were to show the power of feeling as to what has been done today ,, so Zara , yes or no .Dya know , i even said well done to you for having the power of your convictions in your decision to re,locate ?? now what ?

Heres some help to show you how the tories thought and promised , camoron promised a referendum and there would not be another after it , MPs voted 6 to 1 for the referendum ,,oops ,out wasnt suposed to be the way it was meant to be , so now the world is watching to see just how our govt refuses to accept democracy ,or does it accept ???? loophole loopholes ,

ITS DEMOCRACY AND THAT FOR WHICH IT STANDS IS AT STAKE HERE , NOT CORPORATE BLOODY GREED AND POLITICIANS LIES .

Click image for larger version

Name:	14910500_563845427158129_8561593324549062652_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1469645
                  Last edited by tankie; 04 Nov 16,, 00:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                    The BDP still exists and its members are still at large? For those who don't care to read that wikipedia link, the British Democratic Party is a spinoff split from the British National Party three years ago trying to unite those who do not agree with the in their opinion too appeasing course of the BNP (such as the BNP not denying the Holocaust). Rural neonazis from the East Midlands pretty much.
                    wiki , shhhh, conspiracies , shhh, and now the holocaust in brexit , ffs .I posted several links to show the feelings of whats happening over brexit n you goosestep in with ya jackboots stomping ,,as usual ,,ohhhhh lets mention the holocaust shall we , its only brexit .

Comment

• Is this a conflict of interest ???? STINKS

One of the three judges who today ruled Article 50 must be triggered by Parliament founded a European law group working towards integration with Brussels.

baron-thomas

It has emerged Baron Thomas of Cwmgiedd – the UK’s Lord Chief Justice – was a founding member of the European Law Institute, which says it works towards the “enhancement of European legal integration”

Baron Thomas, who is the country’s most senior judge, sparked a constitutional crisis this morning when he, alongside Sir Terence Etherton and Lord Justice Sales, ruled in the High Court the Government cannot trigger Article 50.

The trio, who are all extremely experienced judges, ruled Theresa May must ask Parliament’s permission before the UK can quit the Brussels club despite the result of June’s referendum.

In their judgement the three explained their decision was based on “a pure question of law” and the court was making no statement about the merits of leaving the EU, which they described as a “political issue”.

However, it has since emerged Baron Thomas set up the European Law Institute, which carries out research about EU law, alongside Liberal Democrat MEP Diana Wallis who is now its president.

Eurosceptics reacted with dismay to the ruling at the High Court this morning, brought before judged by former South American model and her financier husband.

Now Brexiteers fear the decision could prove an “appalling” subversion of the will of the British people, following the historic vote on June 23 to quit the EU.

Nigel Farage took to Twitter to express his concerns, saying: “I worry that a betrayal may be near at hand.

“Last night at the Spectator Awards I had a distinct feeling that our political class do not accept the 23rd of June referendum result.

“I now fear every attempt will be made to block or delay triggering Article 50. They have no idea level of public anger they will provoke.”

Ukip leadership hopeful Suzanne Evans condemned the “activist judges” and suggested they should be sacked.

She tweeted: “How dare these activist judges attempt to overturn our will? It’s a power grab & undermines democracy. Time we had the right to sack them.”

“Predictably, the same people now quoting ‘parliamentary sovereignty’ are the very same people who were happy to give it away for last 40yrs.”

Richard Tice, co-chairman of Brexit pressure group Leave Means Leave, said: “This is disgraceful – 17.4 million people will be furious today.

“Our democracy is being damaged by an elite band of people in the legal system.”

He added: “A vote in Parliament is wholly unnecessary, time-consuming and betrays the democratic will of the people.”

Comment

• LOL!

Hey, tankie, the same person that's been whining about the results of the Brexit vote for the last 40 pages and not accepting that result just told you to stop whining and accept the results.

Funny.

Comment

Enlighten me then on how it works Zara ,,one Q for you , just answer truthfully, do you or do you not believe in DEMOCRACY as that is what is at stake here , regardless of how you voted and wished for , DEMOCRACY , yes or no , oh n ps , the posts I posted were to show the power of feeling as to what has been done today ,, so Zara , yes or no .Dya know , i even said well done to you for having the power of your convictions in your decision to re,locate ?? now what ?

Heres some help to show you how the tories thought and promised , camoron promised a referendum and there would not be another after it , MPs voted 6 to 1 for the referendum ,,oops ,out wasnt suposed to be the way it was meant to be , so now the world is watching to see just how our govt refuses to accept democracy ,or does it accept ???? loophole loopholes ,

Yes I beleive in parliamentry democracy. The High Court has done nothing but uphold this. Do you beleive in the rule of law?
                          Parliament will still vote for A50, this simply means that May cannot interpret the referendum according to her own agenda and must seek authorisation from parliament.
                          To allow her to use the prerogative would have set a dangerous precendent and the court understood this.

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                            LOL!

Hey, tankie, the same person that's been whining about the results of the Brexit vote for the last 40 pages and not accepting that result just told you to stop whining and accept the results.

Funny.
                            Strange huh

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
                              Yes I beleive in parliamentry democracy. The High Court has done nothing but uphold this. Do you beleive in the rule of law?
                              Parliament will still vote for A50, this simply means that May cannot interpret the referendum according to her own agenda and must seek authorisation from parliament.
                              To allow her to use the prerogative would have set a dangerous precendent and the court understood this.
                              Well well so you do believe huh HYPOCRITE then ain't you , look at yellas post if you and others believed in democracy this conversation would not be taking place , ,parliament VOTED 6 to 1 HOLD THE REFERENDUM and PROMISED TO ACT ON THE RESULT FOR THE RESULT ,ACT ON THE WILL OF THE MAJORITY NOT THE WILL OF THE LOSERS FFS ITS DEMOCRACY , Zara , please , check the credentials of these so called judges you admire , CONFLICT OF INTEREST FLIES OUT , once again my point is not who voted what , who won , well the out vote won and that should have been it 50 was promised by the liar and gutless bastard camoron to invoke straight away , instead he joined the paras , May is also a firm remained and sprouts brerxit means brexit knowing full well that this action of usurping DEMOCRACY would endure , now she can say , ahh shucks , not my fault huh , its DEMOCRACY on trial here and if we lose that we may all as well move in next my good friend yellow fever .
                              Last edited by tankie; 04 Nov 16,, 11:19.

Comment

Well well so you do believe huh HYPOCRITE then ain't you , look at yellas post , if you and others believed in democracy this conversation would not be taking place , , I cant believe you waltzed headlong into that loaded Q ,oh hang on ��
                                Tankie, its you - you dont seem to understand what democracy is.

Comment

Working...
                                X