X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zara View Post
    Some interesting Brexity days ahead...

Got the Richmond by-election on on the 1st (Go Lib-Dems!), the Italian referendum on the 4th and then the Supreme Court Case on the 6th.

Maybe it's my liberal bubble, but the consensus seems to be that the government are gonna lose now (yay!)
    Dont forget the French zara . If Le penn gets in the whole corrupt house of cards will need a severe reshuffle , indeed if not discarded altogether , but we can only wait and see .

More good news for you zara
    , b,liar , ffs he just wont die will he ,he's a has been trying to refloat his failed career , war crimes is what he should be facing , then we get Geldof , a Sth Irish guy , WTF has it to do with him , Branson wallowing on his pvt island and his billions wanting even more , at the moment hes busy trying to buy the NHS , hmmm dont get sick as it will cost , AGAIN , paid for once but he will make sure we pay again .Note more names below , most MPs the ones with the most interests in remaining ,, but I have been here before , Democracy on trial

Richard Branson's Virgin to bankroll secret Blairite campaign to stop Brexit.
    Labour Leave has just learnt that Richard Branson’s Virgin Group is to help bankroll a campaign set up in secret by Blairite former ministers and advisers to derail Brexit, The Independent revealed yesterday evening.
    The anti-Brexit campaign has been in planning for months and has made “substantial progress”, wrote Alan Milburn (in leaked emails), who was one of Tony Blair’s closest Cabinet allies.
    It reveals the group has heavy financial, political and corporate backing and is receiving advice and support from a host of high-level business and communications organisations.
    High-profile MPs including former Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and Labour MP Chuka Umunna are believed to have had contact with the group, as have celebrities such as Bob Geldof.
    Milburn continued. “Virgin … are keen to help ... Since we last spoke [they] have offered a further 25k, plus bigger office space, help with legal advice and a possible secondment.
    Backers of the new group hope that public support for a Brexit reversal will grow if the economy deteriorates and the EU negotiations point to a bad deal for Britain.
    The group also includes two other New Labour cabinet ministers, John Hutton and Douglas Alexander, as well as three Downing Street advisers to Mr Blair – Sally Morgan, Peter Hyman and Kate Garvey. It is backed by Sir Clive Cowdery, an insurance millionaire who founded and now funds the Resolution Foundation think tank.
    The Independent announced that a staggering 1,000,000 in funding has already been pledged to the Remain campaign, which will likely focus on securing a second referendum on the exit terms that emerge after two years of UK-EU negotiations. .

The people of the United Kingdom voted to LEAVE the EU, we did this to respond to the EU's out of touch politicians and their failing policies. We will not stand by while our own democracy is attacked and destroyed, no matter how much money they raise, we will campaign until Britain gets a fair deal from Brexit.
    Last edited by tankie; 23 Nov 16,, 10:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Contradict myself , ohhhh no I never , ,i cant read your mind , only your words ! but now we see Cindy lauper huh , , The whole world of politics is an illusion ,a magic trick of lies and deciet ,,enjoy it .
      You cannot and do not read my mind but claim to know my motives better than I - and take offense at them for no reason... You do not have the free right to insult those who disagree with you anytime you chose simply because you seem to claim some form of ownership of Brexit. Get it straight in your head that criticising Brexit is NOT a direct attack on you. Three times I tried to explain my motivation and assure you I did not intend to offend you - but no - you know better; I was deliberately baiting you somehow and you wouldn't leave it... Then you don't like it when I tell you the truth - you fell for an illusion. Well tough and I hope you do not have the children and grandchildren who will end up paying for your choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
        You cannot and do not read my mind but claim to know my motives better than I - and take offense at them for no reason... You do not have the free right to insult those who disagree with you anytime you chose simply because you seem to claim some form of ownership of Brexit. Get it straight in your head that criticising Brexit is NOT a direct attack on you. Three times I tried to explain my motivation and assure you I did not intend to offend you - but no - you know better; I was deliberately baiting you somehow and you wouldn't leave it... Then you don't like it when I tell you the truth - you fell for an illusion. Well tough and I hope you do not have the children and grandchildren who will end up paying for your choice.
        The truth , hahahahahahaha , you bet your life i know better ,one small statement on your post and this crap would not have happened , but im glad it did because of your snidey underhand patronising politicians way of saying/doing things ,and your ASS,UMPTIONS snapper go back to page 3 , read and digest just how your truth has been pulled to pieces , you have been and will continue to make B/S statements , ps when does your prediction of ww3 start caused by brexit , thats just one of your statements , go on , go back and read it all , every little morsel , EVERY BIT OF IT then digest .still like a true politician you will squirm n lie out of everything you predicted , you wont be happy until this thread is closed ,,but your statements and replies ( not just by me ) will still be there .Zegnaj ,,ps my children n g/children already voted , not that its any of your concern ,,but guess how they voted ? YOU made this personal .And again make it my fault , why not try 17.5 million people fell for an illusion , orrrrr 17.5 who DIDNT
        Last edited by tankie; 23 Nov 16,, 12:31.

Comment

• Again you seem to regard any bad consequence that anyone with a rational point of view may predict to follow from Brexit - inflation, higher interest rates, loss of British influence, increasing national debt, break up of the Union etc etc - as something aimed at you personally. Yes I do believe that Brexit involves these serious risks and to me running such risks was not worth it but this is not a personal attack on you, though for reasons I simply cannot understand you insist you know better despite this being impossible. I never said WW3 would come from it because we were at war before the vote and have been since Georgia and the Estonian cyber attack - just you do not have to fight it - yet.

I did not mean to offend you yesterday and have apologised if I did so please do not accuse me of trying to get the thread closed when it is you who continues attack me for my views. If you cannot accept that my view is not a personal attack on you then I am afraid I will simply ignore you. Good luck.

Comment

• Well you did offend me and not just yesterday ,you knew exactly what you were doing posting that and dont deny it , I see your skirting around the points raised again , typical , where have i said i know better ???????? where have i attacked you ??????? like you did blaming me for screwing up your life in the EU me and the others , but you , you NAMED me . page 3 is the start of your rubbish / predictions and procrastinations ,, did you go back and peruse , i think not , but i can copy n paste if you like .

before you put me on ignore .

PS shove your appology , its not wanted .
            Last edited by tankie; 23 Nov 16,, 13:04.

Comment

sadly war is now more likely than less.
              Hmmmmm .

Comment

• I suggest you re-read the third page in this thread. I did not mention you on page 3. I do believe Brexit and the people like yourself who voted to leave bought into an illusion and yea I heard all the arguments long before the referendum... The Germans will want to export their cars so everything will be fine etc... Not necessarily true. We'll be able to sign trade deals with whoever we want etc... sure but will India, China, the US etc be so eager to trade with a Britain if it does not have free access to the single largest market in the world? Sure at first glance it looks rosy but the real nitty gritty of international relations is not based on hoping for the best. You have a right to your view - and your hopes that it will all end better. I hope so too for Britain's sake but it is not going to be some illusory promised land any time soon if ever; it will get worse before (and if) it gets better... added to this the loss of British influence within Europe - at a time when it really matters and on issues on which Britain could lead - is regrettable to say the least.

These though are not personal attacks on you and if you can't get understand that and insist that my views are a personal affront toward you that there is no point discussing the issue with you. Do widzenia.

Comment

I suggest you re-read the third page in this thread. I did not mention you on page 3. I do believe Brexit and the people like yourself who voted to leave bought into an illusion and yea I heard all the arguments long before the referendum... The Germans will want to export their cars so everything will be fine etc... Not necessarily true. We'll be able to sign trade deals with whoever we want etc... sure but will India, China, the US etc be so eager to trade with a Britain if it does not have free access to the single largest market in the world? Sure at first glance it looks rosy but the real nitty gritty of international relations is not based on hoping for the best. You have a right to your view - and your hopes that it will all end better. I hope so too for Britain's sake but it is not going to be some illusory promised land any time soon if ever; it will get worse before (and if) it gets better... added to this the loss of British influence within Europe - at a time when it really matters and on issues on which Britain could lead - is regrettable to say the least.

These though are not personal attacks on you and if you can't get understand that and insist that my views are a personal affront toward you that there is no point discussing the issue with you. Do widzenia.
                  I said start to read from page 3 ffs , yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ya gorrit , , ps i posted your bit ref war is likely and are you denying you named me and others of my generation as the blame on brexit , when OOE took you to task over your post or is it deleted now ?? like clintons emails ,go on , DENY IT
                  Last edited by tankie; 23 Nov 16,, 13:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                    Dont forget the French zara . If Le penn gets in the whole corrupt house of cards will need a severe reshuffle , indeed if not discarded altogether , but we can only wait and see .

More good news for you zara
                    , b,liar , ffs he just wont die will he ,he's a has been trying to refloat his failed career , war crimes is what he should be facing , then we get Geldof , a Sth Irish guy , WTF has it to do with him , Branson wallowing on his pvt island and his billions wanting even more , at the moment hes busy trying to buy the NHS , hmmm dont get sick as it will cost , AGAIN , paid for once but he will make sure we pay again .Note more names below , most MPs the ones with the most interests in remaining ,, but I have been here before , Democracy on trial
                    It's a risk that Le Penn gets in, I agree, but I think to think that means an EU break-up is on the cards is assuming a lot. She'd have to win a referendum on the matter, and leaving the EU for France is a much scarier prospect than it is for Britian, for 2 reasons:

1 - The Euro.
                    2 - A vote for Brexit was never a vote to destroy the EU, wheras a vote for Frexit may end the EU altogether, creating a continental ecomomic and social disaster.

The risks are much higher for France than they were for Britian, and they will have seen the lies and distortions of the British Leave campaign. The French won't be so easily fooled.

Comment

• PS page 5 is a cracker .

Comment

Actually facts... you think I want to see a worse war? Tankie's generation have potentially endangered mine and the younger one. They have almost certainly destroyed the UK. Even that idiot Farage was breaking promises asap "It was a mistake to say we could spend more on the NHS"...Who is the next PM? Boris Johnson? Are you kidding???? Is the PM job exclusively for the Bullingdon Club - people who wreck restaurants and who's parents pay? Now they want their children to pay too?
                        Remember

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Actual facts, you have absolutely no idea the kind of war we were prepared to fight. So, don't even go there. It was our generation that collapsed the USSR and allowed Eastern Europe to earn their freedoms.

Tankie more than earned his vote. You can thank him for giving you yours.

He did no such thing. He gave you a future where the UK stands on her own, not grovelling for scraps in Bonn.

Horse puckey. Or is your generation too lazy to make this work?

Move to Germany then.
                          remember ?

Comment

• The vote proved that it was mainly the older generations who voted for Brexit, the younger ones mainly voted remain. Since in my view it was a mistake that will leave Britain less well off and the world less secure yes I do think the older generations that voted leave made a mistake that their children will have to pick up the real consequences of.

Look you don't want an EU army I assume... neither do I. You don't want the euro; it is insane in my view. You don't want massive subsidies to French farmers to do nothing - clearly it's nuts in my view... All these issues we can agree on; the EU is deeply flawed in it's structure and organisation. The difference between us is that you bought into the idea that there was an easy way out of the mess... just leave. But that is not so easy to do as to say and my view is that it would be wiser to stay in the club to get the system we want; you have to be in it to have a say and by leaving you let them carry on with all the things you object to. It is an abrogation of responsibility in favour of an illusory 'easy answer' that will make everything better.

And yes I disagree with the Colonel as well - you never won the Cold War, the USSR resigned largely due to it's own internal contradictions. The small amount of funding via various Western agencies and services supplied to such organisations as Solidarity in Poland helped of course but they were not critical. The Romanians chased and shot Ceausescu entirely themselves, the Velvet Revolution in Prague got next to no western funding - the moral support was more valuable and of course the knowledge there that was a viable - and more prosperous alternative system.
                            Last edited by snapper; 23 Nov 16,, 14:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
                              It's a risk that Le Penn gets in, I agree, but I think to think that means an EU break-up is on the cards is assuming a lot. She'd have to win a referendum on the matter, and leaving the EU for France is a much scarier prospect than it is for Britian, for 2 reasons:

1 - The Euro.
                              2 - A vote for Brexit was never a vote to destroy the EU, wheras a vote for Frexit may end the EU altogether, creating a continental ecomomic and social disaster.

The risks are much higher for France than they were for Britian, and they will have seen the lies and distortions of the British Leave campaign. The French won't be so easily fooled.
                              Correct zara , but the euro if your gonna be honest is on the brink , correct brexit was not about destroying the EU , but if le penn gets in i reckon theres no way it wont collapse .

Comment

The vote proved that it was mainly the older generations who voted for Brexit, the younger ones mainly voted remain. Since in my view it was a mistake that will leave Britain less well off and the world less secure yes I do think the older generations that voted leave made a mistake that their children will have to pick up the real consequences of.

Look you don't want an EU I assume... neither do I. You don't want the euro; it is insane in my view. You don't want massive subsidies to French farmers to do nothing - clearly it's nuts in my view... All these issues we can agree on; the EU is deeply flawed in it's structure and organisation. The difference between us is that you bought into the idea that there was an easy way out of the mess... just leave. But that is not so easy to do as to say and my view is that it would be wiser to stay in the club to get the system we want; you have to be in it to have a say and by leaving you let them carry on with all the things you object to. It is an abrogation of responsibility in favour of an illusory 'easy answer' that will make everything better.

And yes I disagree with the Colonel as well - you never won the Cold War, the USSR resigned.
                                FFS , NO YOU LOOK ,look for the wants and unwants you just posted , Why are you continuing in this bollox you sprout , snapper just block me so my eyes dont hurt anymore , before you do as i said go back n read all the posts and their rebuttals to you .
                                Last edited by tankie; 23 Nov 16,, 14:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X