This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
    Northern Ireland needs to come to a meeting of minds with the Republic as does the Republic with Northern Ireland, its only a matter of time before Ireland is reunited and all the traditions are respected as they should be. Gibraltars population are actually Spanish in the main and now that Franco has gone haven't really got an excuse to carry on this fantasy of being British. The Scots are way too canny to leave the UK. That would be like cutting your legs off due to a bad headache, totally nonsensical.
    Do you honestly think that anybody in their right mind took any notice of that ridiculous leave campaign?? lol I'd say 99% of people who voted leave were always going to vote that way. For the simple fact that they were brought up to be British and not ashamed of it, Its only the Liberal Fascists that abhor the British flag!
    I lived in Northern Ireland for a long time, and most of my family still do. I have a Niece who will have to cross the hard border Brexiteers are intent on throwing up to get to her own school! Hard Brexit is a violation of the good friday agreement that Britian made with Ireland. Once that border goes up and the economic pain starts, it's a straight line back to violence and war. The tensions between the communities has not gone away, and Brexit is an agitator. Its just not worth it.

You see - your comments on Gibraltar just underline that your throwing them under a bus. You complain about people who abhor the British flag but if you visit Gibraltar youll find they are the most patriotic people you'll ever meet, and you dismiss them as Spanish.

As for Scotland, I think you underestimate their belligerance. After all Wales and England voted against their own economic interest, why wouldnt Scotland?

Yes I think millions of people believed the 350 million pledge and the lie about Turkish entry into the union.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
      hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ,,,

Totally torn to bits and B/S excuses , interview stopped as she cant answer , typical libturd wanker . Someone should remind them what dems means in their title .

https://youtu.be/Rn3vuKEgTbs

looking forward to your reply zara .
      It was a poor performance from a brand new MP with no experience. She only joined a political party for the first time after the referendum so will be on a steep learning curve. She'll have to learn to handle media better than that. It was a little niave of her to agree to an interview with her without knowing what to expect.

She could have replied that the Leave campaign repeatedly said that we would stay in the single market and asked her if remain had won would we be allowed a Hard remain by joining the Euro and Schengen. She could have said The referendum was an advisory referendum and it's different from an election.

When the interviewer said 'ALL the remain politicians said leaving would mean leaving the single market' she could have asked her to name 6 (Courtesy of Yes Minister)

This particular conversation aside, I really dont like this new trend of aggresive radio 'shock jock' thing that we seem to have imported from America. (Including Remainers like James O'Brien)
      Last edited by zara; 02 Dec 16,, 16:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
        I lived in Northern Ireland for a long time, and most of my family still do. I have a Niece who will have to cross the hard border Brexiteers are intent on throwing up to get to her own school! Hard Brexit is a violation of the good friday agreement that Britian made with Ireland. Once that border goes up and the economic pain starts, it's a straight line back to violence and war. The tensions between the communities has not gone away, and Brexit is an agitator. Its just not worth it.

You see - your comments on Gibraltar just underline that your throwing them under a bus. You complain about people who abhor the British flag but if you visit Gibraltar youll find they are the most patriotic people you'll ever meet, and you dismiss them as Spanish.

As for Scotland, I think you underestimate their belligerance. After all Wales and England voted against their own economic interest, why wouldnt Scotland?

Yes I think millions of people believed the 350 million pledge and the lie about Turkish entry into the union.
        So the majority should be blackmailed by a minority??? Can't see all the hard work in Ireland being put in jeopardy by either government. There's too many intelligent people in both governments that know the cost of putting a hard border in place...Simply won't happen, as the human cost would be too high!
        Considering how many Brits reside in Spain and enjoy the life out there, I'm finding it increasingly hard to understand Gibraltar in terms of its population. Completely understand the Strategic value though.
        We didn't vote against our own economic interests. We voted to preserve our own democracy and to stop interference from Brussels in our affairs... Its a matter for the Scots to decide, but I cant see them leaving the UK as they already voted to remain.
        I only heard incredulity when that 350 million figure was paraded...just made them look stupid....Only people with a serious IQ deficiency believed that one. As for the Turkish question ...apparently 94% of Turks don't own passports, so really a non starter.

Comment

• Talking to many Turks that I work for here in the UK. Quite a few say that the benefits of setting up business's here no longer exist. Their own country is looking increasing more prosperous under Erdogan

Comment

You seem to be under the illusion that there is going to be a 2nd referendum on leaving the EU... I dont know what you want me to say here
            You dont see the sarcasm here then , ? i never said EU Ref , i said re run by election lol

Comment

It was a poor performance from a brand new MP with no experience. She only joined a political party for the first time after the referendum so will be on a steep learning curve. She'll have to learn to handle media better than that. It was a little niave of her to agree to an interview with her without knowing what to expect.

She could have replied that the Leave campaign repeatedly said that we would stay in the single market and asked her if remain had won would we be allowed a Hard remain by joining the Euro and Schengen. She could have said The referendum was an advisory referendum and it's different from an election.

When the interviewer said 'ALL the remain politicians said leaving would mean leaving the single market' she could have asked her to name 6 (Courtesy of Yes Minister)

This particular conversation aside, I really dont like this new trend of aggresive radio 'shock jock' thing that we seem to have imported from America. (Including Remainers like James O'Brien)
              Poor , hahahahahahahahahaha shambollik is the statement ,

Comment

• Can't see all the hard work in Ireland being put in jeopardy by either government. There's too many intelligent people in both governments that know the cost of putting a hard border in place...Simply won't happen, as the human cost would be too high!

Brexiteers keep saying this to me, but no-one can explain how this is possible other than a soft brexit which most Brexiteers rule out.

We didn't vote against our own economic interests. We voted to preserve our own democracy and to stop interference from Brussels in our affairs... Its a matter for the Scots to decide, but I cant see them leaving the UK as they already voted to remain.

The pound turns to junk every time a politician implies a hard brexit, then rises again everytime a soft Brexit is implied. There will be a 58 billion hole in our budget every year as a result and weve already borrowed a 100 billion and abandoned the fiscal rules that were trying to make our country solvent again. Banks and fininacial companies are already exploring foreign cities for a move, investment is drying up and inflation rising. Brexit is going to hurt badly, and the poorest most of all.

As for the Scots, Im sure they will leave. As Brexit burns the economy independance will look more and more attractive, especially as Saudi cranks up the price of oil.

Comment

Poor , hahahahahahahahahaha shambollik is the statement ,
                  She'll learn. Shes only a backbench opposition MP in a small party.
                  When you hear the kind of things our foreign secretary is saying I'm suprised your getting so fixated on Sarah.

Comment

She'll learn. Shes only a backbench opposition MP in a small party.
                    When you hear the kind of things our foreign secretary is saying I'm suprised your getting so fixated on Sarah.
                    Fixated ,,,good grief , shes just been voted in to power ,and she gives an interview like that ,

heres for her you and all the others , lol.zara , its a laff .

Click image for larger version

Name:	15178163_369237280083727_2339338320595068093_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1469926
                    Last edited by tankie; 02 Dec 16,, 16:41.

Comment

Brexiteers keep saying this to me, but no-one can explain how this is possible other than a soft brexit which most Brexiteers rule out.

The pound turns to junk every time a politician implies a hard brexit, then rises again everytime a soft Brexit is implied. There will be a 58 billion hole in our budget every year as a result and weve already borrowed a 100 billion and abandoned the fiscal rules that were trying to make our country solvent again. Banks and fininacial companies are already exploring foreign cities for a move, investment is drying up and inflation rising. Brexit is going to hurt badly, and the poorest most of all.

As for the Scots, Im sure they will leave. As Brexit burns the economy independance will look more and more attractive, especially as Saudi cranks up the price of oil.
                      Ireland will have to be given special status by the UK government. We've done it previously with the Common travel area, why such a big deal??
                      The pound took a hit, but that was expected...Hurts me on holiday but does exports a world of good........
                      58 billion is a prediction and as time goes by will be corrected. We're still projecting growth bigger than Germany at present...Considering all the unanswered questions there are that quite resilient.
                      The Saudi's have shot themselves in the foot big time. US shale will keep them in check! UK Shale has the go ahead where I live so will undoubtedly boost the economy

Comment

• Ok so we have a common travel area with a country that has a common travel area with 27 other countries?
                        How is that 'controlling our borders'? And thats the easy part. What about goods? The republic is in the customs union, the UK will be out. How would that work?
                        It simply can't.

And Also, Ireland cannot agree to this because that effectively allows freedom of movement and goods into the EU from a non EU non EEA, non customs union country. Its single market membership by the back door. It's against EU rules.
                        It doesn't make any sense!

Comment

Ok so we have a common travel area with a country that has a common travel area with 27 other countries?
                          How is that 'controlling our borders'? And thats the easy part. What about goods? The republic is in the customs union, the UK will be out. How would that work?
                          It simply can't.

And Also, Ireland cannot agree to this because that effectively allows freedom of movement and goods into the EU from a non EU non EEA, non customs union country. Its single market membership by the back door. It's against EU rules.
                          It doesn't make any sense!
                          Sounds like Ireland needs a referendum too ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
                            Sounds like Ireland needs a referendum too ;)
                            The republic is one of the most, if not the most pro-european country in the EU. Theyd never vote to leave.

Comment

Fixated ,,,good grief , shes just been voted in to power ,and she gives an interview like that ,

heres for her you and all the others , lol.zara , its a laff .
                              Just think Tankie, if shes this bad at interviews and she overturned a 26,000 majority, how terrible must Zac Goldsmith be?

Comment

• A referendum in Ireland would run around 75% pro-EU...

(which yes, is less than it used to be - ten years ago it was around 90% pro-EU)

Comment

Working...
                                X