Covid Origins: Lab leak hypothesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Of course it was genetic engineered. Mother Nature did it.
    Why can't we find any of it in the wild then ? They know the hosts of these viruses.

Maybe i should rephrase that. The CCP won't allow outsiders into China to conduct such a hunt.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    *** sigh *** Every bio weapons expert I've read STATED this is beyond current expertise. The gap is just too wide. Have you seen a chickensaurus yet? In theory we could do it? Have we? And we've been freaking trying.
    The one i quoted said there were no signs it was GM modified. The one that got falsely accused for Anthrax attack after 9/11 We've since gone beyond that.

As to how you do it, serial passage. Tweak the virus. Infect twenty mice. Take the sickest one and stick in a batch of another twenty. Take the sickest one and put it in another batch and so on.

If it does not work, then try a different tweak. Rinse & repeat. Why is this not plausible to you. Or do you have a source that says so.

You are not making it per se, but you are assisting its evolution in a targeted way. That is how you bridge the 50 years gap.

You can't make it otherwise. It would be a crap shoot.

All thanks to Ralph Baric.

Didn't you read the particles highlighting Dazak asking for grants from DARPA to do just this. He got turned down because they thought it was too dangerous.

So it means it is possible then. Yes ?

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Ok, I have a theory that will explain it all. The Martians did it.
    I'll stick with what Trump called it.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 22 Nov 21,, 22:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Why can't we find any of it in the wild then ? They know the hosts of these viruses.
      I am NOT going to accuse extremely reputable scientists who came up with vaccines for ebola and other SARS-xxx pathogens of unethical wrongdoings when we have absolutely zero intel on the matter. It doesn't matter that we have not found it. What we do know that every spieces that was EVER in WIV was tested, including from the very regions where they were collected, and found lacking. What this means is that WIV CANNOT be the source. We have tested every knowable source of virus entry to the WIV and found lacking. Not one sample we've collected can be used as the basis for SARS-COV-2.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      As to how you do it, serial passage. Tweak the virus. Infect twenty mice. Take the sickest one and stick in a batch of another twenty. Take the sickest one and put it in another batch and so on.

If it does not work, then try a different tweak. Rinse & repeat. Why is this not plausible to you. Or do you have a source that says so.
      Do the freaking math. Takes 2 weeks for each generation (10 days incubation to full blown symptoms).

You are not making it per se, but you are assisting its evolution in a targeted way. That is how you bridge the 50 years gap.
      Given how many evolutionary dead ends you're going to encounter along the way, it will take you 100 years using this method. Nature got billions of animals to play with. You've got what? A few hundred at a time?

Even a dumbass engineer like me can see the flaw in this horse puckey.

I'll stick with what Trump called it.
      The Martians have better odds at being right than Trump.
      Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 23 Nov 21,, 15:38.
      Chimo

Comment

• What to make of this ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	sars cov2 variant.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	1578616
        https://twitter.com/R_H_Ebright/stat...84211364757510

This is layman's speak of what was officially said here

What is the value of creating a variant with enhanced lethality?

Ebright : For the researchers:
        (1) career advancement, and
        (2) transgression (the more transgressive, the more easily and more prominently publishable).

For the funders: biodefense (bioweapons-agent discovery).
        ????

Last edited by Double Edge; 24 Nov 21,, 22:49.

Comment

• Brits are holding a hearing with the science and technology select committee.

What does Lancet know ? in the early days of the pandemic Chinese scientists submitted papers that ended up being rejected. This was before the CCP gagged them entirely.

Time Lancet made them public.

Alina's suggestion is all papers should be sent to pre-printing and be available for public view so the full list is known and not just ones that got printed.

As the ones that do which might be in favour of one theory will overshadow opposing ones that got rejected.

18:45 They got Alina Chan to testify. She does not rule out a leak or even that the virus was engineered.

38:09 Part of science working is that scientists have to have freedom of thought and freedom of movement and it it seems to me from what i've read that there are attempts to restrict your freedoms. Is that the case ?

Alina : i'd say that that is the case for a lot of scientists handling COVID-19 issues. This is so controversial that anything like just masks, vaccines, whether viruses are airborne. Even just very basic things like that.

Not to mention the origin of COVID 19 will result in threats coming at scientists. So it's unavoidable. I'm not saying that's right but I would say i i'm not in a
          rare situation. A lot of scientists have suffered a lot of abuse. And i'd say that in in this situation specifically our potential career is affected.

So for scientists to come out and say something that the rest of the community doesn't want to talk about and has condemned as a conspiracy theory since early 2020, that has said that anyone raising the possibility of a lab origin is anti-scientific, is racist, is a right-winger. That's crazy.

This is a scientific problem and it cannot become a policy where we can only investigate lab-based outbreaks in white countries..
          Last edited by Double Edge; 17 Dec 21,, 21:36.

Comment

Working...
          X