Covid Origins: Lab leak hypothesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    To do what you're saying the virus has to learn to infect humans and then it has to learn another trick, jump to another.
    No. The theory is that we are the intermediate host. The first infection was non-lethal, maybe didn't even get the infected sick, much like bubonic plague and ticks. Through subsquent variants, it's contagious abilities increased and at some point, got people sick. COVID-19 has been observed to infect cats and dogs without affecting them.

Think about it. No one got sick. No one went to see the doc but people carry the bug without knowing it ... until people did get sick.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 09 Jun 21,, 05:03.
    Chimo

Comment

Vaccine. Won't prevent you getting infected but will vastly improve your chances of recovery.
      Doesn't matter. We're all doing the delaying action. Each and everyone of us will die. Immortality is not an enshrined right. Mother Nature got all of us by the balls. Only a fool thinks he has a chance to beat Her.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Where's the PPE OOE ? According to Brett she does not need any.
      Stupidity knows no bounds. If not SARS-COV-2, Cholera and rabies run amok amongst bats.
      Chimo

Comment

• You mean like Cheney. After that we accept this is how things work. He can if he wants to. The fact sheet is official USG. It counts.

CIA is a force to reckon outside the US, but inside is another matter.

What Cheney ran from the White House was illegal and unethical...and was proven to be horribly wrong.

And the CIA is expressly forbidden to operate within the US...it is against the law. FBI and other Federal law agencies are chartered to do that.

For health it is DEPT of HHS, NIH & CDC assisted by USAMIRID.

And just cause the State Department published a document outside its purview or doesn't make it a valid document. I would no more believe a document published by the Department of Labor on the readiness posture of the US nuclear weapons status than I would on the State Department issuing an intelligence report.

And as for a call for aninvestigation....so what. It's due diligence. It is what happens by governments all of the time.

And as far as Doctor Fauci being in charge? That is laughable....he was in charge of nothing until the Biden administration. He was a staff officer who ran his department who could give recommendations. The President and Administration was in charge and refused to follow and institute most of what Fauci recommended or fought him at every turn.

And like Fauci, I follow the science, which to this point has indicated a natural vector. Now, it may have escaped from a lab at Wuhan but that is not the same as a weaponization of the virus.

Folks who have had professional careers dealing with weapons of mass destruction....i.e., Officer of Engineers as well as myself, have already stated what an incredibly bad choice this virus was for weaponization. There are so many more virulent and lethal agents to use which would not have left a trail back to China.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          Oh...you mean the fact sheet put out by the hyper-political secretary of state who was running his own shadow...and frankly unethical and illegal...intelligence operation by people with questionable credentials.
          What surprised me about the DNI's statement is its counter to what goes on in other countries.

The foreign office is not always on the same page as the security people. The security people are always pushing for caution and hesitation. The foreign office wants to improve relations and looks negatively at anything that makes their job difficult. And will even at times act in ways detrimental to security.

Here your top diplomat is going on the offensive and its your security people that are down playing his efforts.

in the US system power politics can over rule even the security people it seems. Business interests have long done it so i guess this is the same thing from a different quarter.

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          I'll trust intel reports when it comes from DNI and not the State Department. If the State Department wants to talk about the impact of COVID on the political climate in the PRC, fine, I'll listen. But not on intel matters nor on medical intelligence matters.
          I've used their work and even congressional reports to advocate for the Iran deal a few years back. Figure this is SOP when the Dems are in office.

Your opposition at the time and even on this board pretended like they meant nothing.

In your system its ok to question these reports. They aren't binding, aren't necessarily policy and do not seem to hold much authority given the way they get slammed by influential people.

Does policy always follow from these reports ? some times.

The reports are conservative. That's a constant i've noted.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 09 Jun 21,, 17:58.

Comment

What surprised me about the DNI's statement is its counter to what goes on in other countries.

The foreign office is not always on the same page as the security people. The security people are always pushing for caution and hesitation. The foreign office wants to improve relations and looks negatively at anything that makes their job difficult. And will even at times act in ways detrimental to security.

Here your top diplomat is going on the offensive and its your security people that are down playing his efforts.
            The end result of Pompeo's effort is an unwarranted nuclear strike against the Wuhan labs. Maybe it would not have reached that stage but it is our responsibility to be upfront with any intel that would suggest a bio WMD strike. Such intel is extremely lacking to say the least. Any step towards declaring a bio WMD strike, I want all the i's dotted and the t's crossed. Here, never mind the i's and t's, the entire page is blank.

Chimo

Comment

• DE,

The US Government should never be run as a business. The last 4 years are vivid proof of that.

And I have never advocated that State was responsible for generating intel...you have already seen my response to that.

As for how I acted to the previous administration....I disagreed totally on just about everything it stood for and how it executed. Tillerson gutted the State Department trying to lean it out...just at the time the Pentagon desperately needed an expansion of the soft power State brings to fights. He drove the efficiency of State into the ditch and then that craven asshat Pompeo utterly shattered it.

I know a shit ton of folks who were West Point classmates with Pompeo and knew he was an embarrassment then and were dismayed when he became SOS...he proved them correct in their assessments.

As for State's products and Iran...those products from State are the correct type of products which State is supposed to produce...not intelligence but assessments based on input from diplomatic sources. But intelligence reports are not given from State...their products are part of the overall intel assessment but are never the single intel assessment.
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X