This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    In total agreement with this...but we both know this is a generational task.

... This is going to take a decade or 2.
    There is a short cut. Hire an American General Staff. Military Professional Resources Inc was viewed as primarily responsible for the Croatian Operation STORM against the Krajina Serbs. In less than one year, the Croats went from ragtag AK47 armed mobs to a combnined arms force with detailed intel not only on the Krajina Serbs but also CANBAT and FREBAT (Christmas rotation schedules). This is speculation of course but it's alot easier for retired American Generals to find when VanDoos are coming back to Canada for Christmas than Croatian Colonels.

There is denial from MPRI about being part of OPLAN STORM but there is zero doubt they wargame the shit out of the scenario with their Croat students

Chimo

Comment

• Meanwhile, because things aren't messy enough.. U.N. Nuclear Chief: Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia Plant Is ‘Out of Control,’ Urges Inspections

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        There is a short cut. Hire an American General Staff. Military Professional Resources Inc was viewed as primarily responsible for the Croatian Operation STORM against the Krajina Serbs. In less than one year, the Croats went from ragtag AK47 armed mobs to a combnined arms force with detailed intel not only on the Krajina Serbs but also CANBAT and FREBAT (Christmas rotation schedules). This is speculation of course but it's alot easier for retired American Generals to find when VanDoos are coming back to Canada for Christmas than Croatian Colonels.

There is denial from MPRI about being part of OPLAN STORM but there is zero doubt they wargame the shit out of the scenario with their Croat students
        Sir, that may have worked back in the Balkans. But since 2004 and the debacle with Blackwater in Fallujah as well as their excesses in Baghdad as well as some instances in Afghanistan there have been rules put in place to curb private firms' involvement with other nations, especially during a hot war. I know MPRI well...they were a sister company to mine when I worked for L3. But like Blackwater they have fallen out favor with many in the US defense establishment for some of the same reasons like Fallujah. They get contracts for providing instructors at troop schools and they like but fewer of such high profile positions.

I can see the Ukrainians reaching out to get advisors but considering this is involves a fight against Russia I think we want to be sure sure there is daylight between our providing intel & equipment and actively taking part in a war against Russia. And Russia is a different enemy than the Serbs...a tad bit larger.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

• So from the Department of Russian Military Doesn't Know What it is doing....

The Russians are deploying radar reflectors around the bridges crossing the Dnieper...in order to spook the HIMARS rockets...which doesn't use radar.
          Mark Twain

Comment

• NATO members working with defence companies to boost weapons supplies to Ukraine -Stoltenberg

UTOEYA, Norway (Reuters) - NATO members are working closely with defence companies to ensure Ukraine gets more supplies of weapons and equipment to be prepared for the long haul in its war with Russia, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said on Thursday.

"We are providing a lot of support but we need to do even more and be prepared for the long haul," Stoltenberg told Reuters in an interview.

"Therefore we're also now in close contact and working closely with the defence industry to produce more and to deliver more of different types of ammunition, weapons and capabilities," he said.

In recent months, the United States and other Western countries have begun shipping more advanced conventional weapons systems to Ukraine, including high mobility artillery rocket systems (HIMARS) that offer a longer range and more precision.

Stoltenberg said separately in a speech in Norway to local Labour party activists on Thursday that Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which Moscow calls a "special military operation", had created the most dangerous moment for Europe since World War Two and that Russia could not be allowed to win.

He also accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of engaging in "reckless and dangerous" rhetoric regarding the potential use of nuclear arms.

While NATO members are not directly involved in the war, NATO is closely involved in coordinating the Western response to the invasion.

Stoltenberg reiterated his position that the war would likely end only after negotiations.

"We know most wars end at the negotiating table. We also know that the outcome of those negotiations will be totally dependent on the strength on the battlefield," he told Reuters.

"It's not for me to tell Ukraine what those terms exactly should be. It's for me and NATO to support them to strengthen their hands, so we maximize the likelihood of an acceptable solution," reiterating similar comments he made in June.

The war has led previously non-aligned Finland and Sweden to seek NATO membership, with the request so far ratified by 23 of the 30 member states, including the United States.

"This is the fastest accession protocol in NATO's modern history. I expect the other seven remaining allies to do the same," Stoltenberg said.

He said Turkey's demand for extraditions from Sweden and Finland of terrorism suspects would have to be decided by courts in the two Nordic nations.

"The rule of law applies in Finland and Sweden," Stoltenberg said.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Canada is going ahead with Operation Unifier 14 and is sending instructors to the Uk to help the British train Ukrainian soldiers so that there is more and better through put.

Hope all are well, been spending my time on twitter doing my part with NAFO in combating Russian dis-info there and trying to keep Ukraine alive in the public conversation there. Adam Kinziger recently joined NAFO and I've had to give him a second look.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                Canada is going ahead with Operation Unifier 14 and is sending instructors to the Uk to help the British train Ukrainian soldiers so that there is more and better through put.

Hope all are well, been spending my time on twitter doing my part with NAFO in combating Russian dis-info there and trying to keep Ukraine alive in the public conversation there. Adam Kinziger recently joined NAFO and I've had to give him a second look.
                Got a LOT of friends in NAFO and I am pending my NAFO ascension.

What an amazing story.

More on NAFO here... https://www.saintjavelin.com/pages/about-us

#there is no CIA
                Last edited by Albany Rifles; 05 Aug 22,, 13:34.
                Mark Twain

Comment

• Probably not needed since I sure most people here already follow him but here's Perun's latest piece of analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F7mt4rNVY0
                  If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post

probably not, but that's a pretty significant expenditure of munitions that would be better served elsewhere.

on the other hand, if Ukraine did that to bait combat engineers to fix and then double-tapped...
                    They may have done just that:

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/...73340352290816
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ation-missiles
                      Does Ukraine Now Have AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-Radiation Missiles?

Images appeared on the social media platform Telegram on Sunday, August 7th, showing what appears to be the wreckage of an AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-Radiation Missile, or HARM — a U.S. missile used to home in on active air defense radars and disable or destroy them — that is said to have appeared on the battlefield in Ukraine. At this time, there is no official information pointing to the AGM-88 having been supplied to Ukraine, which would be an all-new advanced capability for the invaded nation. In regards to HARMs in Ukraine, here's what's possible, what we know, and what we don't.

First off, it is impossible at this time to say definitively what is going on here. Many HARMs have been fired as part of many military operations' suppression of enemy air defenses (SEAD) components and in training over the years. Wreckage of some of those missiles, or even intact specimens, has surely found its way into foreign intelligence units' hands. With that in mind, taking a photo of it and inserting it into the open-source maelstrom that surrounds the Ukraine conflict would be an easy play at disinformation. Manipulating the photo itself is also a possibility. Russia has been increasingly aggressive in its rhetoric about the U.S. and NATO being considered active players in the conflict because of their advanced weapons transfers, this would fit into that narrative nicely.

That being said, after a cursory examination of the images, the stenciled coding and general components look accurate and we don't see any outright blatant forms of image manipulation, although the image is low resolution, so that is not saying much.
                      Attached Files
                      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                        Does Ukraine Now Have AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-Radiation Missiles?

Disinformation or real, that's probably gonna give Russian radar operators a bit of a shiver...
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Disinformation or real, that's probably gonna give Russian radar operators a bit of a shiver...
                          now that the Pentagon has openly announced it, I can finally post the smiley face on this. :-)

with the numbers that are coming in, it will assuredly be rather more than "a bit".
                          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post

now that the Pentagon has openly announced it, I can finally post the smiley face on this. :-)

with the numbers that are coming in, it will assuredly be rather more than "a bit".
                            Yuuuup!

Under Secretary of Defense Colin Kahl:
                            "In recent pda packages, we have included a number of anti-radiation missiles that can be fired off of Ukrainian aircraft that can have an effect on Russian radars."
                            https://www.c-span.org/video/?522229...aine-war&live=

Comment

• Nothing like being in an S-400 control van and hearing "MAGNUM!!!" on Guard and realizing 12,800 tungsten cubes at Mach 2 are coming your way!
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Hold on... former soviet aircraft refited to fire AGM-88? In such short time? Wow...

Comment

Working...
                                X