Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2016 US General Election

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FBI and DHS ok for you? https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...-2016-1229.pdf

    Comment


    • Originally posted by snapper View Post
      That's funny, I just signed on to post that exact report.

      After reading all 13 pages, I find nothing that supports your theory that the Russians hacked the election or released just some of it to help one side.

      Do you?

      Comment


      • The thing is the only thing the Russians managed to do was release the DNC emails.

        What exactly was the revelation there? The DNC didn't like Bernie? John podesta gives favors? The Clinton foundation is a bit sketchy?

        On the face of it one would conclude that telling people things they already knew would not have a great effect on their vote. Yet, here we are, hyperventilating about"hacked election"

        Yes real damage has been done, but it has almost all been self inflicted.


        The vulnerability, the great big security hole in our society that the Russians bumbled into this time around was not email holes, but a media rife with pundits who make money by hyperventilating, embellishing and exaggerating behind a veneer of professionalism, media that lap up the crap they spew to fill up their 24/7 programming slots, and politicians who would rather point to anyone but themselves to explain their failures.

        Also, am I the only one who is surprised at the full extent of Obama's impulsiveness? He is as Impulsive when the chips are down as the Donald is on Twitter when it 2 am.

        Comment


        • I repeat; 'hacking the election' is not what it's about. Systems were hacked, information was released from the hacks and Moscow was behind it, their aim being influence the election outcome; that is the allegation. I have not seen all the evidence; Crowdstrike's claims seem to me to highly suggestive. The NSA will know far more and they have confidence, all other circumstantial evidence suggests it is likely so I am pretty certain that they did interfere in your election.



          Who is Igor Diveykin?
          Last edited by snapper; 31 Dec 16,, 00:12.

          Comment


          • So the fact that Obama released this document, which amounts to nothing more than a "what not to do to get hacked" manual, coupled with a list of sanctions of Russia is proof to you?

            You linked it as proof and I wondering where the proof is...

            Furthermore, you post a video of some Russian politican applauding Trump winning the election as some sort of evidence?

            Think that through.

            If this was some diabolical plan to get Trump elected, do you think Putin would tolerate some of his puppets actively cheering?

            So define "interfere" and how did they do that in the election?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by citanon View Post
              Also, am I the only one who is surprised at the full extent of Obama's impulsiveness? He is as Impulsive when the chips are down as the Donald is on Twitter when it 2 am.
              No you're not. It's been his consistent habit since he was elected. Henry Louis Gates, Trayvon Martin, Syria, Libya, Iraq, strengthening the Castro kingdom, I could go on and on.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

              Leibniz

              Comment


              • I refer you to Crowdstrike's findings. The FBI/DHS report is about modus operandi more than anything else which fits other hacks elsewhere we know were Moscow based. The whole thing stinks; seriously I am no Obama fan in any way but when Trump calls on Moscow to hack to the Clinton campaign... and it seems highly likely at least that they did, you would dismiss it and "move on"? Do you have some reason to distrust ALL your intelligence agencies? This isn't about Party politics; it's about having a criminal organisation posing as a Government interfere in your election. I understand that such things may be somewhat novel to you Yanks and nobody woke you up but this war has been going on at least - or rather never stopped after the USSR fell apart and you got attacked. My involvement is relatively recent obviously but I know enough of the signs and when it looks like a pig, snorts like a pig and smells like a pig my working hypothesis must be that it is a pig. Where Moscow is concerned 'coincidences' are all too frequent.
                Last edited by snapper; 31 Dec 16,, 00:48.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by snapper View Post
                  but when Trump calls on Moscow to hack to the Clinton campaign...
                  Ummm, really?
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

                  Leibniz

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                    That's funny, I just signed on to post that exact report.

                    After reading all 13 pages, I find nothing that supports your theory that the Russians hacked the election or released just some of it to help one side.

                    Do you?
                    I found the list of IP's used in the attack, as provided in CSV file in the Cert report (here)

                    45 China
                    44 the United States
                    19 the Netherlands
                    14 Germany
                    11 France
                    8 Sweden
                    8 South Korea
                    6 Thailand
                    6 Japan
                    6 Canada
                    5 Denmark
                    4 Romania
                    3 Vietnam
                    3 Turkey
                    3 the United Kingdom
                    3 Taiwan
                    3 Swaziland
                    3 Spain
                    3 Puerto Rico
                    3 Mexico
                    3 Italy
                    3 Indonesia
                    3 Bulgaria
                    2 Russia
                    2 Luxembourg
                    2 Lithuania
                    2 Iraq
                    2 Iran
                    2 India
                    2 Greece
                    2 Finland
                    2 Estonia
                    2 Czech Republic
                    2 Brazil
                    1 Venezuela
                    1 United Kingdom
                    1 Ukraine
                    1 the Slovakia
                    1 Singapore
                    1 Serbia
                    1 Poland
                    1 Mongolia
                    1 Malaysia
                    1 Kenya
                    1 Kazakhstan
                    1 Hungary
                    1 Ghana
                    1 Egypt
                    1 Cambodia
                    1 Belgium
                    1 Bangladesh
                    1 Austria
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

                    Leibniz

                    Comment


                    • As the interwebs are now saying, the Russians have hacked Rolling Stone. How else to explain this column?
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

                      Leibniz

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                        I found the list of IP's used in the attack, as provided in CSV file in the Cert report (here)

                        45 China
                        44 the United States
                        19 the Netherlands
                        14 Germany
                        11 France
                        8 Sweden
                        8 South Korea
                        6 Thailand
                        6 Japan
                        6 Canada
                        5 Denmark
                        4 Romania
                        3 Vietnam
                        3 Turkey
                        3 the United Kingdom
                        3 Taiwan
                        3 Swaziland
                        3 Spain
                        3 Puerto Rico
                        3 Mexico
                        3 Italy
                        3 Indonesia
                        3 Bulgaria
                        2 Russia
                        2 Luxembourg
                        2 Lithuania
                        2 Iraq
                        2 Iran
                        2 India
                        2 Greece
                        2 Finland
                        2 Estonia
                        2 Czech Republic
                        2 Brazil
                        1 Venezuela
                        1 United Kingdom
                        1 Ukraine
                        1 the Slovakia
                        1 Singapore
                        1 Serbia
                        1 Poland
                        1 Mongolia
                        1 Malaysia
                        1 Kenya
                        1 Kazakhstan
                        1 Hungary
                        1 Ghana
                        1 Egypt
                        1 Cambodia
                        1 Belgium
                        1 Bangladesh
                        1 Austria
                        Those 44 coming from USA, mate. Explains closing of two spying facilities the Russians had on US soil.
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

                        To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by snapper View Post
                          I am not aware that "hacking the election" is what is claimed... 'Hacking the election' would imply some attempt to manipulate the vote count itself or something of the voting and counting process (this they actually attempted in the Ukrainian Presidential Election in May 2014) and I do not think anyone is claiming that this was the case. It would be more accurate to say they hacked the DNC (and some Republicans that we know of) and then released selected chosen bits in an attempt to interfere in the election campaign. Not the same as 'hacking the election' technically though the effects may be similar.
                          Oh, but that is exactly what is claimed. You're entirely correct of course that implies direct influence over the vote and that's not what happened. But "hacking the election" is what the narrative is anyway... uncritically regurgitated by the same people STILL whining about HRC losing.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            I refer you to Crowdstrike's findings. The FBI/DHS report is about modus operandi more than anything else which fits other hacks elsewhere we know were Moscow based. The whole thing stinks; seriously I am no Obama fan in any way but when Trump calls on Moscow to hack to the Clinton campaign... and it seems highly likely at least that they did, you would dismiss it and "move on"? Do you have some reason to distrust ALL your intelligence agencies? This isn't about Party politics; it's about having a criminal organisation posing as a Government interfere in your election. I understand that such things may be somewhat novel to you Yanks and nobody woke you up but this war has been going on at least - or rather never stopped after the USSR fell apart and you got attacked. My involvement is relatively recent obviously but I know enough of the signs and when it looks like a pig, snorts like a pig and smells like a pig my working hypothesis must be that it is a pig. Where Moscow is concerned 'coincidences' are all too frequent.
                            Wikileaks revealed the hacked email before Trump "called" for a hack.
                            (Uhhh....no he didn't really. More Democrat *ahem* hack bullshit)

                            Seriously, your posts throughout the last few years indicate a deep hatred of Putin and I understand that with what he put your country through.

                            But I am more interested in facts than anything else.

                            Did the Russians hack the Democrats? Yeah, probably.

                            Did they try to hack anything else? Yeah, a shitload of places. If you read the report, you'd know that.

                            So don't make it sound like they got all these boatloads of information from everywhere and only released certain things to help Trump and hurt Clinton.

                            I'm seriously wondering if you would be this passionate about this issue if if were the Chinese rather than the Russians that did the hacking.
                            Last edited by YellowFever; 31 Dec 16,, 03:27.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              As the interwebs are now saying, the Russians have hacked Rolling Stone. How else to explain this column?
                              It's typical lefty "journalism".

                              You bash one side over and over and over and put out 1 or 2 of these articles a year to cover their asses in case someone accuses them of partiality.

                              They have something to point to as their evidence that proves they are impartial.

                              ....but you know that already. :P

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                                Did the Russians hack the Democrats? Yeah, probably.

                                Did they try to hack anything else? Yeah, a shitload of places. If you read the report, you'd know that.

                                So don't make it sound like they got all these boatloads of information from everywhere and only released certain things to help Trump and hurt Clinton.
                                Did they attempt to interfere with your election? That is the basis of the new sanctions and expulsions. I tend to think they did and therefore believe the latest measures justified. I do not 'hate Putin' and am not scared of his mob but I do understand them perhaps.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X