No announcement yet.

War on the Korean Peninsula: Present-day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short, skinny, malnutritioned korean girls? Moreover, posted by DP?

Captain, this begs the question: Are you OK?
    Last edited by Doktor; 10 Apr 13,, 14:03. Reason: typos
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
      He has surrendered.....this calls for a pic of a North Korean babe by dopple :scared:
      I got bribe to surrender :hihi:
      sajeevpearlj.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        You really want to do this.

First of all, that 21,000 includes reserves. It is by no means active guns. 2nd, from the dog and pony show we saw, they only had four bags for a single battery.

Third, we did 1000 sorties a day furing the Kuwait War, meaning we dropped 1000 500lb bombs a day. The North Koreans took an entire week to ready ONE SINGLE rocket to aim at Japan and they still are not ready
        21K includes reserve ..They are at war right now..so why this shits can't Battle ready ..

And I know within the one hour of War the US going to Air Superiority over entire NOKO Skies ..and B 52 Already deployed in Seoul and B 1 is in Guam..
        sajeevpearlj.blogspot.com

Comment

• All the contestants.

Know your enemy, pick your sides.

Miss North Korea.

Miss South Korea.

Miss China

Miss Japan

Miss USA (could not find a Miss USA sash; Kirsten Dalton went on to win Miss USA)

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SajeevJino View Post
            21K includes reserve ..They are at war right now..so why this shits can't Battle ready ..
            1) They don't have the money.
            2) They don't have the troops.
            3) They don't have the munitions. They had four friggin bags per gun per battery. That's 5 minutes.

Originally posted by SajeevJino View Post
            And I know within the one hour of War the US going to Air Superiority over entire NOKO Skies ..and B 52 Already deployed in Seoul and B 1 is in Guam..
            You know shit all. No B-52 is stationed outside of the US and the B1s were forward based just for one single exercise.

Comment

• P.S. There wasn't room for Miss Russia.

Comment

• Col, why you get all the fun with the new guys?

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• If you can't look after your toys, you're not going to have any.

Comment

• By the way, the 12-25 nuclear warheads in the info-graphic - I'm highly skeptical of its accuracy. I don't know where the authors pulled the figures from.

Comment

• Your chart also only shows NORK and ROK forces.

It does not show any US forces nor Japanese.

A much greater balance at that point.

And the NORK equipment is OLD and not well maintained. Why?

As the Colonel said, no money.
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

• That graph reminded me on Global Firepower rankings we had so much laugh some time ago.

Can't find the thread, my google-fu powers are weaken

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                          Can't find the thread, my google-fu powers are weaken
                          Newbies are always ready to please seniors with Google.

Comment

• Lil Kim just does NOT know when to stop playing:

'Very High' Chance North Korea Will Soon Test Fire Missile
                            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              Your chart also only shows NORK and ROK forces.

It does not show any US forces nor Japanese.

A much greater balance at that point.

And the NORK equipment is OLD and not well maintained. Why?

As the Colonel said, no money.
                              IMO, the JSDF doesn't figure in, unless the DPRK start shooting at the Japanese (and for what?). If it is DPRK vs ROK, ROK would never let the Japanese step in (it's family business after all), nor would the Japanese volunteer to. Although tensions b/w the Japanese and PRC has taken a backseat with the DPRK's latest tantrums, I don't see the Japanese as willing (would probably not play well domestically) to assist the ROK with combat units.

These charts only count stuff, while neglecting everything else that actually matters, equipment quality, manpower quality, training, logistics, etc. Essentially useless numbers that the uninformed use for making equally useless comparisons.

Question: how much forces can the US shift in the event of an all out war in the peninsula, in time to matter (ie blunting the initial assault and the point at which the initiative is transferred to the South Koreans and that they start driving north)? In terms of USAF, ground forces, and CBGs, taking into account of present deployments elsewhere. If this has been discussed already, apologies for that and a link to the relevant posts would be appreciated.

Yet another question: is there any open source information on the TASCFORM used by the US, especially if it is available on the web? Google doesn't seem to supply much in the way of relevant hits (which I am not entire surprised about).

---------------------------------------------------------

I have seen far better looking Japanese idols than that "Miss Japan"...
                              Last edited by Maeda Toshiie; 10 Apr 13,, 17:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
                                By the way, the 12-25 nuclear warheads in the info-graphic - I'm highly skeptical of its accuracy. I don't know where the authors pulled the figures from.
                                Most likely based on the projected amounts of fissile materials the DPRK might have accumulated. It assumes they did produce that much and then turned it all into weapons without any waste or loss. These are Not reasonable assumptions.
                                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                                X