Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major difference being that the Grant had the cupola removed from its turret.
    Also the British version had the radios in the turret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      Major difference being that the Grant had the cupola removed from its turret.
      Also the British version had the radios in the turret.
      Actually the two main differences between the American Grants was one was a cast hull and the other was the original riveted hull.

The British Lee version had the riveted hull gut with different turret and different equipment boxes.

Below are my HO scale models for your visual comparisons.

Oh yes, all on Milwaukee Road flat cars.
      Attached Files
      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

• Bluesman's question

Comment

• One of history's most noteworthy kings tried to deny his throne before he ever sat upon it, and was declared a traitor for attempting to defect to a foreign Power. Once he had succeeded to the throne, he led the country that he had once tried to run from to the height of its glory.

Who was this king?

Comment

• This IS a 'land forces'-type question, because this king revolutionized his army, it's employment, and led it through long years of warfare. So, get on it, fellas! Who was this king-that-almost-wasn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
              This IS a 'land forces'-type question, because this king revolutionized his army, it's employment, and led it through long years of warfare. So, get on it, fellas! Who was this king-that-almost-wasn't?
              Frederick the Great?
              In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
              The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                Why did a Japanese sub shell a California oil refinery?
                Because they thought it was Hollywood.:))

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                  One of history's most noteworthy kings tried to deny his throne before he ever sat upon it, and was declared a traitor for attempting to defect to a foreign Power. Once he had succeeded to the throne, he led the country that he had once tried to run from to the height of its glory.

Who was this king?
                  Peter the Great.

Comment

• Sorry it took so long...bizzybizzybizzy, and I'm here in DC; tuff to get any time to WAB (hey, I just turned it into a verb!).

Stan, you got it: Freddie da Bad-Ass. He tried to run away to England when he was eighteen, because his daddy was a total bastard. He got caught when his friend that was lammin' it with him lost his nerve, and confessed. Dad made young Fred watch his pal's behheading for treason, and was thrown in prison...by his own father (which gives a clue WHY he was trying to get outta there in the first place)!

ANYhoo, after he and his dad hated on each other for a few more years, the nasty old blister finally died, and Frederick succeeded to the throne he'd tried to run out on. He became Prussia's greatest king, and led it to the height of imperial glory. All after he'd tried to flee his destiny, and that SOB of a father.

Comment

• Hooray for me!
                      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• Okay...

11 Day Rule.

What is the Baron of Gilwell more normally called?
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• Baron Baden-Powell
                          When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

• I was looking more for Robert Baden-Powell but good enough

Your question
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Ok,I cant think of anything off-hand anyway,so do me a favor and post the next question please
                              When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

• You'll regret it!!!

What was the most famous "exploit" of the 1st DC Cavalry during the ACW?
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X