X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napoleonic Wars.
    If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

• Originally posted by braindead View Post
      Napoleonic Wars.
      'Fraid not old chap :)
      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

• Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
        Sorry guys absolutely knackered last night......fell asleep going on 3 to 4 hours per night this last couple of weeks...............ok

Winston Churchill called this "the first world war".............. what and when?

Spanish American or Boer War?
        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
          Spanish American or Boer War?
          Sorry Sarge ................nope
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

• Northern war?

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Northern war?
              Fraid not , nope
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

• The American Revolution that also involved the Native Americans, Colonists, British, Canadians, Germans (Hessians), French and some Spanish.

As well as needing to cross the Atlantic Ocean from one hemisphere to the other.
                Last edited by RustyBattleship; 31 Oct 08,, 03:54.
                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                  The American Revolution that also involved the Native Americans, Colonists, British, Canadians, Germans (Hessians), French and some Spanish.

As well as needing to cross the Atlantic Ocean from one hemisphere to the other.
                  Fraid not RB ...however your on the right line, but not the American Revolution.
                  sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

• Seven Years War....known to those of us in North America as the French and Indian War
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                      Seven Years War....known to those of us in North America as the French and Indian War
                      Thats the one AR:))....................Your go old chap

Rusty its generally accepted that the revolutionary years started immediately following the conclusion of the Seven year war, you were on the right line.............

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.c...=A1ARTA0007300

http://www.ns1763.ca/remem/7yw-timeline-w.html
                      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

• Okay...here is a tricky little one.

In whose Congressional District did the Seven Years War start?

Hint: The visitors center there is named for him and he has been in the news a bit here in the States.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                          Okay...here is a tricky little one.

In whose Congressional District did the Seven Years War start?

Hint: The visitors center there is named for him and he has been in the news a bit here in the States.
                          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

• Murtha

Comment

• And a hat tip to our Estonian friend!!!

Might I ask how you knew that?

http://www.nps.gov/fone/index.htm

I visited 2 winters ago...right after a snow fall. Got to "sneak" into Jumonville Glen and walk aroufn by myself.

Its right in the heart of John Murtha's 12th COngressional district.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• looong search .... Then a list of congress members from Pennsylvania (which went back to ~1840-s)and thanks to WAB, the name Murtha had familiar sound :)
                                So thanks to WAB and day off ....

Have to admit that most of my previous ´knowledge´ about the era came from J.Fenimore Cooper books :)
                                Last edited by BD1; 31 Oct 08,, 18:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X