Hypothetical Sino-Russian War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
    wave attacks won't work in Siberia where all supplies must be brought in on a very fragile rail net work. Intially China has the edge on the ground but has to bring in thier supplies. Russia is thin on the gorund but has stockiles of fuel and basic ammo to draw on as units get sent east maximizing rail capacity.

Russia also has the edge in the air once the battle moves past the frontier. Better aircraft and a superb SAM network promise ruin to the PLAF. Both sides will be hammering the others rail links with strike craft to effect an aieral encircelemtn so the airbattles will center on these vulnerable ribbons of steel.
    well, China has a very good expressway/highway/railway net.
    in the coming decade, Highspeed railway net is also to be finished there.

from the perspective of logistics,China is in a much better position
    Last edited by badguy2000; 01 Aug 07,, 07:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMUSTLEARN View Post
      Supercarriers are only good going up against 3world type of militaries, going up against nations of Europe ESPECIALLY Russia they won't last more than 5 hours, you probably think M1's are better than T-62-90 Tanks because of Desert Storm, but Russia's T-Tanks are made of Harder metals than what they sell to other nations, Monkey model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, they also didn't sell NightVission/Thremal Equipment to the Iraqi's as well, this is the real reason M1's won the tank battles.
      Keep believing that. In fact, I encourage you to tell that to everyone you know. While you're at it, tell them SU-27's IRST can detect F-22 from miles away and shoot it down with IR missiles. SU-27 also can do the Cobra, thus outmanuvering the Raptor in WVR combat.

The American war machine is just a paper tiger. We fought some really bad opponents armed with 3rd rate, outdated Soviet equipment to pad our stats. You caught on to the truth. Tell all your friends I said it. You can quote me from this post as the proof.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• T-90 is better then the Abram. Just look at the world weapons market. T-90 is the number one selling tank in the last decade. Even if it's not better at 1 for 1, it's certainly more cost-efficient.
        Abrams hasn't been produced in years. But that aside the M1A2SEP has better FLIR, a CITV, the most leathal gun/ammo combo in history, it quieter, has proven relaibility in some of the harshest enviroments on earth, is crew by combat vets, has massive and so far unbreachable frontal armor, crew protection is world class, it has a color panel touch screen satalite linked battlemanagement and IVIS/IFF system etc. What exaclty does the T-90 do that compensates for all this?

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          The American war machine is just a paper tiger. We fought some really bad opponents armed with 3rd rate, outdated Soviet equipment to pad our stats.
          Sorry but isnt that part kinda true?
          The only people who could stand up2you was the Soviet union, and they went the way of the dodo, so who have you really been tested by?

Now I am not saying the US 'War machine' is a paper tiger, its the best there is but your opponent have for the most part been 3rd rate peeps with old soviet arms...

Comment

• Originally posted by badguy2000 View Post
            from the perspective of logistics,China is in a much better position
            Not anywhere close to being good enough with the theatre in question.

Comment

• Originally posted by VarSity View Post
              Sorry but isnt that part kinda true?
              The only people who could stand up2you was the Soviet union, and they went the way of the dodo, so who have you really been tested by?

Now I am not saying the US 'War machine' is a paper tiger, its the best there is but your opponent have for the most part been 3rd rate peeps with old soviet arms...
              Or maybe we're so good that we made our opponents look so bad?

Comment

• This says there were about 8, 000 M1 of all variants produced for the U.S. military. How many tanks total are in service with the U.S. army? (Not just M1s, and my question is not a random one it is on topic)

Army Technology - M1A1 / M1A2 Abrams - Main Battle Tank

Comment

• if china attacked russia.. the west wud probly help the russians.. so china wud be annihalated : )

Comment

• Originally posted by UKRNSAILOR View Post
                    if china attacked russia.. the west wud probly help the russians.. so china wud be annihalated : )
                    Hi. The name's Discussion. Intelligent Contribution to Discussion. I don't believe we've met.
                    In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                    The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• Hi to all!
                      Very interesting topic, I thought about it many times since Russian unpopulated south east territories, rich in reasorces look very tempting to Chinese, but Soviet Union thought about it as well. As far as I know and it is coming from various sources, if China would invade Russia it is estimated that even if Chinese military will be capable of secretly building up a force of roughly 2 million men strong army and carry out a surprising attack by land on russian territory, they actually would be allowed to move in to the russian territory up to 200 km where thery would be met by russian eastern military district (not going into details about names of armies, brigades etc.), which should hold them off for about 1 hour at most and then Russia could use its nuclear arsenal on its own soil without any violation of international treaties to destroy the advancing armies of China, of course the retaliation would follow on chinese land, since the eastern navy would attack china from the sea, and 14th Separate special forces brigade would be dropped off behind enemy lines in a matter of hours to create a buffer for futher reinforcement, of course I'm not mentioning the stratigic forces from the northern seas coming in from the east to support russian invation just in case initial counter attack fails, mass mobilization which would mean roughly 3.5 million men in a few months of war and whole russian industry swiching to war state, meaning every civilian factory will be switched to arms production, I think China has no chance. Of course there would be a significant acological and collateral damage, but it is the only way to effectivly destroy supperior in numbers chinese force, create a radioactive border with China to stop further attacks by land and still keep chinese goverment tied by international laws regarding nukes. Of course there would be short compain which would be only aimed at destroying economical infrastracture of the country, possible anhilation of the government or military leaders, and pullout from the destroyed country with a setup for civil war.

Comment

• Originally posted by VarSity View Post
                        Iraq 1991. Yes, they were not the gas-using all-conquering battle-hardened monsters that they looked like before the land war, but then again, what has the USSR and Russia been tested by? The most recent example I can think of is the China skirmishes, with the emphasis on 'skirmish'.
                        HD Ready?

Comment

• the chinese army is so huge that even with it's relatively lowtech forces it can overrun russia.

unless offcourse they attack in the winter & meet with the same fate as those of hitler & napoleon

one thing is for sure that the navies will have a relatively low key role to play due to the strategic location of japan. and we all know that in a landwar china holds the edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by wajahat View Post
                            the chinese army is so huge that even with it's relatively lowtech forces it can overrun russia.
                            I never tire of the "Chinese robot peasant army marches on foot into Siberia / across the Pacific and overwhelms technologically superior Russians / Americans with their unshakeable love for communism and the motherland" idea.
                            HD Ready?

Comment

• Originally posted by wajahat View Post
                              the chinese army is so huge that even with it's relatively lowtech forces it can overrun russia.
                              Overrun Russia? Not possible. How are you gonna keep that huge army fed, fueled, and fully stocked for a modern war? China does not have that kind of logistical set up for a large scale invasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                                How are you gonna keep that huge army fed, fueled, and fully stocked for a modern war?
                                Don't be silly.
                                with their unshakeable love for communism and the motherland
                                HD Ready?

Comment

Working...
                                X