No announcement yet.

Cricket World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont care who wins it anymore, a murder, riots who really cares anymore about a sport..................I for one do not
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

• One Billion Ki Train Chali World Cup Jitnay

Attached Files

Comment

• I'm really glad that my happiness doesn't depend on cricket.

Comment

• Latest - the Australian team has given the South African's a paddling ( like they are generally doing to our Super 14 teams ).

I find it hard to comprehend that people can suddenly say that their national team is no longer involved so they don't care anymore. Do you people not like CRICKET!! Or would you react so poorly to your nation's loss in a tiddley winks' competition?

When I see effigies being burnt I can only think that a lot of people really have to get a grip on themselves and otherwise get a life. They don't want to watch cricket they only want to carry nationalistic fantasies into totally inappropriate forums.

May the best team win.

Jonathan

Comment

• On the radio this morning, I heard them tell that Bob Woolmer had a furious row with the players following their surprise defeat and resigned on the spot. 2 hours later he was dead, murdered by one of the team, in my opinion.

He was also writing a book, which apparently was going to be a bit of an "expose" on Pakistani cricket.

Everyone in the know about cricket, knows that Pakistani cricket is riddled with corruption and talks about match fixing and ball tampering. It has been going on for years. The authorities turn a blind eye because the alternatives are, in their eyes, too bad to think about.

The players have been allowed to return home and are now, as I type, enroute to Pakistan.

I hope something does come of this and it does not vanish into the mists of unsolved crimes. If something does come out I also wonder what will be the consequences for Pakistani cricket overall? I think someone made an awful lot of money from this sham of a game.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Elbmek;358892] 2 hours later he was dead, murdered by one of the team, in my opinion.

Everyone in the know about cricket, knows that Pakistani cricket is riddled with corruption and talks about match fixing and ball tampering.

Is there a Lawyer in the house:) is there a case for libel here M'lud?

Comment

• Loss to Bookies on India's loss to Slanka - $5 billion

news reports estimate that Indian bookies have suffered a loss of about Rs 2500 crore (Approximately $5 billion + change) on India's loss to Srilanka. .

Boy I love it. Many bookies will have to hang themself.
                Last edited by kams; 25 Mar 07,, 20:13.

Comment

• I don't think the statement was libellous.

I believe it is a well known fact that games are bought and thrown away on money. Hansie admitted. Indian and Pakistani bookies are well known to have fixed matches.

I believe there is a case going on where the ICC, non profiting organisation, is a registered company in the island of UK where there is no tax and none knows who owns that company and the ICC top chap is merely has the post of secretary in that Company. It is said that it has a hug sum running into many billions!

This was said in a programme on Zee TV.

So, the whole organisation that runs this Series stinks!

Rice, a South African cricketer, who has the rights to Woolmer's book has said that Woolmer was going to expose these crooks. It includes not only the players, but also the officials!!!!

Woolmer's murder must be caught.

ICC chucked out and bring back MCC to control cricket as before!
                  Last edited by Ray; 25 Mar 07,, 20:43.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post

ICC chucked out and bring back MCC to control cricket as before!

All in favour say aye.... the ayes have it!! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                      All in favour say aye.... the ayes have it!! :)
                      aye ...............:)
                      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

• Originally posted by kams View Post
                        news reports estimate that Indian bookies have suffered a loss of about Rs 2500 crore (Approximately $5 billion + change) on India's loss to Srilanka. .

Boy I love it. Many bookies will have to hang themself.
                        Kams:
                        Rs 50 = $1 . (Roughly)
                        Rs 2500 Crores = Rs 25, 000,000,000 = US$ 500,000,000

So we are talking about US$ 500 million and not US$Five Billion.

Comment

• Better, all concerned govts shut down cricketing activities in their respective countries for next four years in order to conduct thorough "investigations". I think every body (fans included) will be set right by next world cup.

Everybody is involved. Players, bookies, umpires, officials, politicians, terrorists-on-the-run, corporations etc. Cricket still has colonial hangover. As good a game it is, good riddance to it!
                          Last edited by saambaarblast; 26 Mar 07,, 13:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                            Yes Execrable that seems a better solution. Ask the Pakistani team first ,and if only one member says no to playing on then it should be cancelled. A sad situation indeed
                            Dave, I'm really sorry but I've looked at that sentence all day and I don't get your point.

The point I was making is that no major sports event should be cancelled without the participants themselves agreeing to it. It shouldn't be the bystanders / betting people / ministers / laypeople or that really is a sad day for sport.

I'm rambling - maybe I should give a more personal account. I competed, ran, shot fought and swam (that one's a bad joke) at county and national level in the UK and what I knew at major competitions was that I was at my peak fitness and age. I would never be so fit or so ready again.
                            Selfish it was and is but most sportsmen know they may never get the chance again, the same with the cricketers in the World Cup right now. Some may be too old or they may know that better / faster / fitter sportsmen will be in their place next time. To take away their chance to test themselves is one of the bitterest things a sportsman ever has to face - or live with.

Comment

• Originally posted by saambaarblast View Post
                              Kams:
                              Rs 50 = $1 . (Roughly)
                              Rs 2500 Crores = Rs 25, 000,000,000 = US$ 500,000,000

So we are talking about US$ 500 million and not US$Five Billion.
                              F***K, too much beer.

Comment

• $500 million is still a pretty impressive sum, however Kams.

Hope you were at least drinking quality beer!!

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                                X