Cricket World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
    Had a surprise already just heard on the news that Flintoff has been dropped by England he was found drunk in a bar!!!!!!!!!!! trying to find a report
    More like getting drunk and then sinking a boat at 4:00 am. .

Here is a link to the story.

England and Flintoff all at sea

Comment

It is no surprise that the Indians lost. They are being managed by a bunch of imbeciles and an stupid system.

There should be a national system of cricket more akin to NFL, NBA, or MLB. That way, we can encourage development of better cricket players and further increase revenues for cricket. Practically 80% of all revenues for World Cup come from South Asia wih the lion's share going to India.

There need to be uniform standards regarding field specifications and conditions to eliminate the home field advantage. This would force India to rely more on the development of the players' skills and conditioning regimen.

Somebody needs to deliver a good kick in the pants at the Ministry of Sports and BCCI.

Comment

I had a very that a wine taste. It is called Jaguar by UB.

Horrid!

A beer should taste like a beer.

And to imagine Mallya is from my school!

Blademaster,

Ever since Kiran More and Sharad Pawar came onto the scene, Indian cricket was doomed. Vengasarkar is the only ray of hope!

But be a sport. India lost fair and square and hands down!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Hopefully India makes a come back. And I must say that Ireland did extremely well, I was so happy when they won! GO IRELAND!

Comment

Woolmer found unconscious in hotel room

Link

Bob Wolmer, coach of Pakistan team was found unconscious in his Hotel room today.
            Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, has been taken to University Hospital in Kingston, Jamaica, after being found unconscious in his hotel room earlier this morning.

Woolmer, 58, was discovered lying on the floor of his room, with vomit around him, at 10.45am and was taken by ambulance to hospital at 11.50am. Police also attended his room. "We have taken Bob Woolmer to the hospital and he is in the emergency ward," Pakistan team media manager Pervez Mir told AFP.

Pakistan team manager Talat Ali, their trainer Murray Stevenson and assistant manager Asad Mustafa went with Woolmer to the hospital where he was given medical attention. "We have contacted Bob Woolmer's wife in South Africa and have told her about the situation," added Mir.

Woolmer was last seen in public when he addressed the post-match media conference after his team's defeat to Ireland at Sabina Park.

At 14.30 local time, Woolmer was still unconscious.
            Hope recovers soon.

Comment

Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, has died in a Kingston hospital after being found unconscious in his hotel room hours after his side's elimination from the World Cup.

~Breaking news from cricinfo.
              Last edited by Grim Reaper; 18 Mar 07,, 19:27.

Comment

Braeking News

latest news is Bom Wolmer Died in Hospital. To be confirmed.

RIP, Bob.

Comment

Bob Woolmer is dead.

What a waste of a good life all because of a game that has been hyped for commercial purposes driving nations into frenzy and ruining lives!

A cynical comment by me, but I still cannot fathom why a game should appear as if it is a war and the loss is as if the country has been ruined beyond redemption!

In India, there have been attacks on players' houses!

How stupid can people get?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                    Bob Woolmer is dead.

What a waste of a good life all because of a game that has been hyped for commercial purposes driving nations into frenzy and ruining lives!

A cynical comment by me, but I still cannot fathom why a game should appear as if it is a war and the loss is as if the country has been ruined beyond redemption!

In India, there have been attacks on players' houses!

How stupid can people get?

Sir,

It's not the people. Cricketers have been made the Heroes in our country. It's too much for an ordinary citizen when their Heroes let them down. Don't blame the people or the Heroes.

I am very depressed about Bob. He did a lot for Cricket in general, South Africa in particular.
                    Last edited by kams; 18 Mar 07,, 20:39.

Comment

I don't know Woolmer from Adam.

But I am horribly depressed that a silly game (any game) can kill a man off the field because of crass commercial hype that makes nations go crazy and idiotic.

It is the damned TV that has made the Indian cricketers icons. I was seeing some of the programmes on TV which with cleverly worded sentences were actually egging the audience to bay for the blood of certain cricketers and the coach.

Is it worth agitating and egging gullible idiots of a nation to go on a mayhem just because the lost a game?

Is the game more important than the property these gullible idiots will destroy when they go on a rampage?

I also heard what Imran Khan had to say about Woolmer and Inzzy Haq!

Pakistan is too busy baying for Musharraf's blood and so maybe they will get into the act later. They are no better than Indians in making cricket appears as if it is the nation's pillar and index of success!
                      Last edited by Ray; 18 Mar 07,, 20:03.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Thats a shame about the Pakistani coach RIP, for me the world cup has already lost an edge because of the behaviour of some of the Englamd team, it infuriates me when people wearing an England shirt and representing there country can behave this way............Most people do not get the chance to represent there country and wear the shirt............I loathe sportsmen who abuse that privilage .....they should not be allowed to wear them again.
                        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                          Thats a shame about the Pakistani coach RIP, for me the world cup has already lost an edge because of the behaviour of some of the Englamd team, it infuriates me when people wearing an England shirt and representing there country can behave this way............Most people do not get the chance to represent there country and wear the shirt............I loathe sportsmen who abuse that privilage .....they should not be allowed to wear them again.
                          Wayne mate don't hold back with your comments tell it from the heart Totally agree with you how dare they abuse the privilege and bring shame to the Country

Comment

What's the real story about Flintoff.

Our news in India is cryptic. He was partying on a boat, had excess drinks and fell off the boat!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Our news in India is cryptic. He was partying on a boat, had excess drinks and fell off the boat!
                              I dont have the full story yet Sir, but so far what i hear is he lead a drinking spree with some other team mates he was dropped and the others disciplined............for me they all would have been o the next plane home and not allowed to wear the shirt again................
                              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Apparently he and some of his team mates had late night party in a pub. (Part was not on a boat). After the party Mr.Flintoff returned to his hotel and then decided to take a small hotel boat (more likely kind of row boat) in to sea at 4:00 am and promptly capsized it. he was rescued by Hotel staff.

He has been sacked as Vice Captain.
                                Last edited by kams; 18 Mar 07,, 20:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X