• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main With The Iron Heart

Originally posted by astralis View Post
    sapper sarge,

what'd ya think of it?

i'm waiting for the next turtledove book to impress me, after the downfall.
    I liked it! It's plausible but I couldn't help but wonder how much of it was projection of more current events regarding the suicide bombers. I'm not that knowledgeable about post war politics to judge whether the effects of American occupation casualties would have had that much effect. I have some doubts.

I'm waiting with bated breath for After the Downfall.
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Comment

• Suprisingly good

Amazon.com: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War: Max Brooks: Books
        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• CAESAR by Adrian Goldsworthy

One of the best books I've ever read

Comment

• I'm thinking about reading "The god delusion" by Richard Dawkins. Did anyone read it and liked it?
            Knowledge is annoying
            -K. Pilkington

Comment

• Turnaround - Bill Bratton

and

It doesn´t take a Hero - Schwarzkopf

...to improve my English and to learn something ;)

Comment

• ...and - of course - The Lord of the Rings, once a year

Comment

• Grit, Noise, and Revolution: The Birth of Detroit Rock 'N' Roll by David A. Carson

Comment

• Ghost Wars by Steve Coll

Comment

• I almost bought Ghost Wars tonight. It is the one book out I haven't read on Bin Laden.

The War Within ( I think that is the title) the latest Woodward book.

Deo Vindice

Comment

• The Firm!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• national geographic magazine november 2002 edition
                          special report on weapons of mass destruction.

Comment

• I love to read Harry Potter and I'm reading the last book "The Deathly Hallows"...
                            sigpic

Comment

• dies the fire series by SM Stirling. what if in an instant, 500 years of technology was made worthless? gunpowder, steam engine, electric machinery suddenly dies...and modern civilization falls to pieces. very interesting.

and also, island in the sea of time. set in the same universe, but coming from another direction. what if the island of nantucket and its inhabitants was suddenly sent back to 1250 BC?
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Gost - Jhon Ringo

Comment

Working...
                                X