Will SARS make a come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    It's not that easy. Crisis can't wait for mediators they trust, to assess the situation and then act, given the lack of precious time in saving lives.
    I know but unless people cooperate its counterproductive.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Why do you say they won't infect the whole population? All muslim business run because of hindu customers, be it a garage, a food stall or whatever. They would infect some, then those would infect some more, and the chain goes on.
    I don't think these people travel too far. Everything locally. There will be some but that's a few chains.

Government has already asked them to come out and get tested. If not, then riot police should be called in. If they fear for whatever reasons you mentioned, only they are to be blamed. Genuine muslim citizens need not fear. And why don't they go to government schools which is cheaper to get an education rather then send their wards to madrassas run by quacks, and remain illiterate? Learning Arabic will get them food? I don't know (can't write) my mother-tongue, I know English, and I have put up some of the best foods on my table that money can buy according to my payscale.

Hindu set-up is more decentralised and autonomous than muslims. Sorry, but your arguments seem more like excuses.
    In the city there is no head man so its down to religious leaders. Who aren't doing their job.

How the people in that neighbourhood behave is down to their relationship with the state.

Tough areas, no go areas for cops are going to be difficult to handle.

These people don't see the virus they see intrusion and imposition.

They want to be left alone. They see innocents been taken away for no good reason.

Understanding is the key but this isn't going to work. You send the cops in it can backfire.

Easiest is to quarantine the cluster that will eventually form and move on to easier targets.

Time is of the essence after all.

Comment

Cops attacked for objecting to mosque crowds in UP towns

Seal them all inside the mosque. Let them remain with Allah and be liberated.

UP, MP invoke NSA for attacks, harassment of health workers

About damn time.
      Let's see how this works. If being charged under NSA is deterrent enough then we're good.

Wow ! just a handful of cases in Assam and they have already set up a 700 bed facility. That's being proactive. And they're already scouting around for another 1,000 bed facility.

These three weeks are for the state to stifle the spread and give it enough time to prepare for affected cases.

"I, along with minister of state Pijush Hazarika, was present at Sarusajai to ward off any fear among the people who have been placed under quarantine," Sarma said.
      ^THIS

Thought you said Assam already sealed its borders ? can't be if you need to transit through neighbouring states to reach different parts of Assam.

Today morning, an ASHA worker (lady) came to our house, asking if anybody recently came from outside Assam. Discussing corona with her, she told me that a girl who also came from Delhi, Nizamuddin meet, didn't notify the authorities. They got to know of her from the flight manifest. She was picked up after a quarrel, and the girl (must be 20-22 and pretty) was also fighting with docs at the medical college, saying she is fit and she doesn't have to worry about anything. This is the newer generation of muslims, educated and islamic dumb.
      Very good, they are fanning through areas and spreading awareness.

Your state is going to be fine. Containment is still very much feasible.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Apr 20,, 03:12.

Comment

• Coronavirus: India doctors 'spat at and attacked'

1,023 Covid-19 cases with links to Tablighi Jamaat reported from 17 states: Govt

647 Covid-19 cases found in last 2 days linked to Tablighi Jamaat congregation: Health ministry

Tabligh members undergoing treatment not cooperating: Doctors to Delhi govt

Dharavi man who died hosted 10 Tablighi Jamaat members

Covid-19: Centre fights virus on the one hand, polarisation on the other
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          I know but unless people cooperate its counterproductive.
          Only muslims are no co-operating. What does it tell you? Those idiots believe in Allah more than doctors. I remain steadfast, the riot police should be called in.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          I don't think these people travel too far. Everything locally. There will be some but that's a few chains.
          Yeah, you don't think?

In the city there is no head man so its down to religious leaders. Who aren't doing their job.

How the people in that neighbourhood behave is down to their relationship with the state.

Tough areas, no go areas for cops are going to be difficult to handle.

These people don't see the virus they see intrusion and imposition.

They want to be left alone. They see innocents been taken away for no good reason.

Understanding is the key but this isn't going to work. You send the cops in it can backfire.

Easiest is to quarantine the cluster that will eventually form and move on to easier targets.

Time is of the essence after all.
          Enough requests by the central and state governments for them to come out and get tested. Now is the time to cane this lot.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Thought you said Assam already sealed its borders ? can't be if you need to transit through neighbouring states to reach different parts of Assam.
            I said, after the 21 days lockdown, states which have lesser number of Covid-19 cases might ease lockdown, but not open their borders to contain infections from other states.

Comment

I said, after the 21 days lockdown, states which have lesser number of Covid-19 cases might ease lockdown, but not open their borders to contain infections from other states.
              Here

Only muslims are no co-operating. What does it tell you? Those idiots believe in Allah more than doctors. I remain steadfast, the riot police should be called in.
              Saw videos from China. Same thing. Cops did the dirty work. Already posted one. Guys in white suits.

People that would not open front the door got barricaded in with aluminium bars.

No Allah. All Han. Just fear.

The chinese equivalent of illegal congregating was mah jong. Won't listen.

Cops broke the mah jong tables.

Enough requests by the central and state governments for them to come out and get tested. Now is the time to cane this lot.
              Caning will work in areas where they aren't organised.

Wait for this to happen in communally sensitive towns like Meerut, Ahmedabad etc. and then see.

Getting them to cooperate is always easier. And the way you do that is by addressing their fears. Like your CM is. Simple.

I don't think the govt's messages are working in some areas.

It's like J&K, Whatsapp crap rules. Some scare stories get spread and then they're all pissing their pants and want to fight for their life.
              Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Apr 20,, 03:59.

Comment

That was wrong info I got from a tweet. I already said about sealing borders when we're talking about the 21 days lockdown and my hunch that this might continue for a few more weeks. The thing is Assam just cannot close its borders as Ghy is the gateway to the NE. Army movement is 24X7, who would want to mess with them.

Saw videos from China. Same thing. Cops did the dirty work. Already posted one. Guys in white suits.

People that would not open front the door got barricaded in with steel bars.

No Allah. All Han. Just fear.
                India is no China. Some muslims are cooking a snook at the Modi government by defying whatever the government does or says. Modi should go out on a limb to save their lives? F them.

Comment

• Tablighi Jamaat-fed Covid-19 infection spreading fast and wide in Assam

As if muslims don't have enough bad rep, now with their monkey antics they're creating more enemies. It's really what Hassan Nisar keeps saying - Jahil Qom.

Comment

Tablighi Jamaat-fed Covid-19 infection spreading fast and wide in Assam

As if muslims don't have enough bad rep, now with their monkey antics they're creating more enemies. It's really what Hassan Nisar keeps saying - Jahil Qom.
                    TJ wasn't on any one's radar. Now they are.

Jamaat was quiet too. Not any more.

They have attracted too much attention here.

Besides, the number of persons, who went to the religious congregation is also increasing every day. The first alert was for 299 people, which has now increased to over 500 and the fear is that not less than 2000 persons had gone to Nizamuddin.
                    2,000 ?I didn't realise this would be an issue in your state, i thought more of the others would have this headache

“The Nizamuddin-sourced cases now seem to have spread across the state. First in Barak Valley (southern part of state), then South Salmara (western border) and today in North Lakhimpur (easternmost Assam on north bank of Brahmaputra). The Nizamuddin story is an evolving story and the list is getting longer every day. They are not cooperating with us and so for one last time I request all those delegates to Tablighi Jamaat to declare their names or else the health department will have to give the responsibility to Assam Police to locate them,” Sarma said.
                    Hope the cops have suits this time otherwise they're getting infected as well. None of those guys is going to voluntarily give himself up.

Unless your cops can persuade them. He then tells his friends and soon the whole lot gets contained.

This is just needless fear, causing needless anxiety resulting in needless force.

What worries the health department more is the second layer of transmission by the infected persons who have come from Nizamuddin. “For one infected person in Guwahati, we have identified 111 persons coming in contact with him. Imagine the contacts the 512 delegates from Tablighi Jamaat might have made,” Sarma said.
                    Well, the guy who had 111 contacts must be a preacher. NO, the others aren't going to be as gregarious.

They all have to be quarantined though and monitored.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Apr 20,, 04:11.

Comment

• Madhya Pradesh: 26,000 quarantined after 10 feast attendees contract COVID-19

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 18.18.17.png
Views:	1
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	1478755

Covid-19: Muslim IAS, IPS officers urge community to cooperate with health workers

Cardinal Alencherry offers support to PM Narendra Modi in fight against Covid-19

Comment

• Assam cops break barricades put up by Darrang villagers

26 Covid-19 cases in Assam, northeast tally rises to 30

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 18.25.16.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1478756

So, 2 +ve cases from my district till now, both related to Nizamuddin Markaz.

Comment

2,000 ?I didn't realise this would be an issue in your state, i thought more of the others would have this headache
                          Problem is innocent muslims gets stigmatised. The issue is more with the muslim community. I'll explain why.

Muslims have low to nil education. Since most of them have less education, they fill their family with 4 or more children. The local mullahs brief them that all is Allah's giving. Now, health wise, the wives get older sooner, so the husband looks out for another woman to wed. Another 4 children from the newly wed one. And so it continues.

The more children a man has, the less chances of them being educated. But with small time work, the family goes by. This is also the class that is highly insecure of hindus, believing in propaganda, and involved in all sorts of criminal activity. If I didn't have work, I'd steal. Simple. I have to eat, right?

And our western terrorist neighbour constantly uses propaganda to show India (and now Modi) is stigmatising muslims, which is picked up by leftist publications of the west, as well as this class of muslims from India as holy gospel. This creates a great divide. The economically lower class hindus of the cow belt then would try to find a reason to instigate and retaliate. See where I am going with this????

Why did muslims burn coach of the train before the Godhra riots? Because in local mosques, those quack mullahs give out hate filled sermons. Without followers, those quack mullahs would have no income, since most of them have less to nil education, and no income means no food. It's the poor muslims who get targeted easily, by local quack mullahs, by rioters, by anyone and all.

You now why I'm pissed? I am pissed that even after 1000s of years of the Indian civilisation, these people do not consider education a priority. This is basically a social and political game, being played by Pak spin doctors and local quack mullahs. I can go on and on and on, but this is not the time or place.

Hope the cops have suits this time otherwise they're getting infected as well. None of those guys is going to voluntarily give himself up.

Unless your cops can persuade them. He then tells his friends and soon the whole lot gets contained.

This is just needless fear, causing needless anxiety resulting in needless force.
                          Suits are a luxury for even healthcare workers. If no one is giving himself/herself up voluntarily, they need to be arrested ASAP by riot police, and quarantined. There's no other way about it. Enough time has passed. It's now or never. If they live tomorrow after being arrested and quarantined, maybe some of them would come to their senses.

Comment

• Mahim Police arrest 8 for offering namaaz in group despite lockdown

Caught on camera: COVID-19 positive Tablighi patients roam around freely at a hospital in Karnataka

Comment

• Containment plan by the Health ministry

Containment plan for Large Outbreaks (pdf) | MOFHW | Apr 04 2020

Comment

• If we look at this as an info war campaign..

Problem is innocent muslims gets stigmatised. The issue is more with the muslim community.
                                First step

Muslims have low to nil education. Since most of them have less education..

And our western terrorist neighbour constantly uses propaganda to show India (and now Modi) is stigmatising muslims, which is picked up by leftist publications of the west, as well as this class of muslims from India as holy gospel. This creates a great divide. The economically lower class hindus of the cow belt then would try to find a reason to instigate and retaliate. See where I am going with this????
                                The next step

I thought the term corona jihad a bit far fetched when Mani mentioned it ina talk. But this is a heaven sent opportunity for just that isn't it ? What better chance to split communities than this. Not only is there a communal element you now have a health argument to distance.

It's the poor muslims who get targeted easily, by local quack mullahs, by rioters, by anyone and all.

You now why I'm pissed? I am pissed that even after 1000s of years of the Indian civilisation, these people do not consider education a priority. This is basically a social and political game, being played by Pak spin doctors and local quack mullahs. I can go on and on and on, but this is not the time or place.
                                Corona virus does not affect muslims. It does not infect muslims..so why are these health workers taking people away from the community. What are they doing to them and will we ever see them again alive.

Last step, make us to fail

They're being told to ignore lock down advisories.

What is the uptake of these efforts. How many are actually complying with what these videos instigate.

less than 0.1% is enough isn't it.

The bar for success is very low here.

Surge in TikTok videos aimed at misleading Indian Muslims over coronavirus precautions | India Today | Apr 03 2020

"CORONAVIRUS IS ALLAH'S NRC"

In one such video, a young boy describes the pandemic as "Allah's NRC".

"This coronavirus is nothing. It's Allah's NRC. It's Allah's wish who stays and who is summoned up," he argues.

The 13-second video ends with fellow boys throwing their masks into the air, with a song, "Allah Se Dar -- Fear Allah" playing in the background.
                                "COVID-19 DOESN'T AFFECT MUSLIMS"

Another 17-second clip runs texts in Hindi that suggest coronavirus would not strike Muslims. One line invokes the Holy Qu'ran while claiming hand-shaking and hugging cure disease.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Apr 20,, 17:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X