This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by omon View Post
    a stupid question for any one who lives in austalia, new zeland,..ect.
    when you drain a bathtub or a sink, how does the vortex spins, cw or ccw?
    I can't remember but I know it goes the "other" way. It's one of the things I checked when I came home from South Africa.
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
      I can't remember but I know it goes the "other" way. It's one of the things I checked when I came home from South Africa.
      And I did it in Kenya, near the equator, but there wasn't much to see (not surprisingly!).
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• Without getting up I cannot think of which way it goes here. Maybe I have never paid attention.
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Happy Boxing Day!

I almost forgot! Here is wishing all of our Dominion and Commonwealth friends Happy Boxing Day!
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Today was a good day for me. I did nothing wrong and the Gods smiled upon me. I almost forgot what that was like.
            Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

• Originally posted by Debbie View Post
              Today was a good day for me. I did nothing wrong and the Gods smiled upon me. I almost forgot what that was like.
              And also don't forget that when you have a day such as that....it doesn't last long, so brace yourself. ;)

Comment

• I have benn having a F-all time since yesterday evening...first my dads being shouting at me for no goddamn reason...then mom and..I've been ****in up evry thing..AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
                "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late;
                And how can a man die better; Than facing fearful odds,
                For the ashes of his father; And the temples of his gods."

Comment

• Originally posted by Draconion View Post
                  I have benn having a F-all time since yesterday evening...first my dads being shouting at me for no goddamn reason...then mom and..I've been ****in up evry thing..AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
                  These days also don't last long. :) Thankfully.
                  "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                    Today was a good day for me. I did nothing wrong and the Gods smiled upon me. I almost forgot what that was like.

You mean there are such days?
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                      You mean there are such days?
                      Sure there are. Haven't you ever seen Snow White?

Birds sing and help to wash dishes and hang laundry. Squirrels make the beds and little chipmunks sweep and mop the floors.

Oh, Wait. Those were my teenage years. Nevermind.

Comment

• Its been an eternity since Ive had even one of "those days"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                          Its been an eternity since Ive had even one of "those days"
                          When your Dad screams at you....it is not for "nothing." When Dad screams, it puts mom in a pissy mood and she takes it out on you.

Find out what the "nothing" is your Dad keeps screaming at you for, and you might have a better day. ;)

Comment

• Oh its not me Julie. Im the one looking for those days when all goes right without mistake. My parents dont scream and if they do im not there to witness as I have my own house to run.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by glyn View Post
                              And I did it in Kenya, near the equator, but there wasn't much to see (not surprisingly!).
                              So if you're at the equator and flushes the toilet, does the water go straight down?
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• So I was driving today and I saw this FedEx van, with big FedEx letters painted on the back of it, just like any other FedEx van. Upon closer look, there are smaller letters below FedEx that says "express."

Here's my question. What the hell does that mean? Federal Express express? Why do we use redundant wordings all the time and no one complains?

Perfect example, ATM. Do you ever hear people say they're going to the ATM machine? What does the M stand for in ATM? MACHINE!!! Automated Teller Machine. So they're really going to the automated teller machine machine?
                                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                                X