This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PubFather View Post
    I suspect a conspiracy by mathematicians to confuse everyone. And don't even get me started on "imaginary numbers" that really pisses me off...
    I liked math till the day the problem and the solution looked the same a la(1+a=1+a).And isn't calculus that gunk on teeth that needs to be scraped off?

I treat calculus as a neccessary evil though(something like a root canal)
    I promise to post no more dental analogies!
    The greatest instrument of moral good is the imagination.

Comment

• NCAA playoffs

The first round of the Womens NCAA volleyball playoffs is this weekend. I'd like to watch but getting to Maples Pavilion on a Friday night is murder with traffic. BART doesn't go all the way to Palo Alto and ECR traffic is ridiculous if you want to drive. Having a huge shopping mall next door doesn't help either. When I used to referee there I'd leave two hours early to get there on time.

Anyone know who's playing next weekend (at Stanford)?
      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• I think I'm getting sick.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• sick

Originally posted by leibstandarte10 View Post
          I think I'm getting sick.
          Infirmo, loco o perdido?;)
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Draconion View Post
            Most users ever online was 1,146, Today at 12:07 AM.

momentus day for the WAB...I believe it is the first time since we've crossed the 1000 mark!!
            That was the day that OoE asked me to arrange a discount for him at Chez Mado, the lurkers probably couldn't believe their eyes....

:parihakarunsforcover:
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by parihaka View Post
              That was the day that OoE asked me to arrange a discount for him at Chez Mado, the lurkers probably couldn't believe their eyes....

:parihakarunsforcover:
              LOL !

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                Spammers, trolls, and Christmas shopping, oh my. Time to open a new bottle.
                I finished today!

Christmas shopping, not the bottle. The bottle was finished days ago. ;)
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                  Infirmo, loco o perdido?;)
                  Que?
                  "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Kinds of sick

Originally posted by leibstandarte10 View Post
                    Que?
                    You said you were getting sick...

Infirmo: as in infirm or physically sick.

Loco: crazy or mentally sick , like (sick) in the head...in la cabeza.

Perdido: as in perdition or hell, like spiritually or morally sick (sick puppy sick).

Comment

• I saw a shirt today. It read:

"You see three branches of government.
                      I see firewood."
                      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Wrong place, right teams

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                        The first round of the Womens NCAA volleyball playoffs is this weekend. I'd like to watch but getting to Maples Pavilion on a Friday night is murder with traffic. BART doesn't go all the way to Palo Alto and ECR traffic is ridiculous if you want to drive. Having a huge shopping mall next door doesn't help either. When I used to referee there I'd leave two hours (3 total) early to get there on time.

Anyone know who's playing next weekend (at Stanford)?
                        Stanford plays Cal this weekend. Ok great I'm thinking, either Maples Pavillion or Berkeley RSF both are close. No, They are playing in AUSTIN! AUSTIN, TEXAS! Two west coast teams gotta play in Texas. It figures...

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                          You said you were getting sick...

Infirmo: as in infirm or physically sick.

Loco: crazy or mentally sick , like (sick) in the head...in la cabeza.

Perdido: as in perdition or hell, like spiritually or morally sick (sick puppy sick).

Oh I see. My Spanish is very rusty. In that case, I am getting infirmo sick, although I'm on my way to getting loco. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                            You just described my last three girlfriends ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                              You must do a round of golf in blinding rain. It is such fun!

you scottish or something?
                              the scots bequeathed us the most weird sports i've seen.
                              it seems like the more weird the rules, the better the game.
                              soccer with a bent ball=rugby.
                              curling.
                              golf.

see what i mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by standoh View Post

you scottish or something?
                                the scots bequeathed us the most weird sports i've seen.
                                it seems like the more weird the rules, the better the game.
                                soccer with a bent ball=rugby.
                                curling.
                                golf.

see what i mean?
                                Rugby is English, not Scottish (though they did take to it like a rat to haggis)
                                and you forgot to mention caber tossing, Highland dancing (what other nation makes their wee girls dance on swords), Shinty (hockey on steroids) and of course dog trials.
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X