Computer/Console Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sohamsri View Post
    Which civilization did you use in Starcraft ?
    Terran was always easy. Protoss always difficult but cool and powerful. And Zerg was always easy to use and difficult to master.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
      Terran was always easy. Protoss always difficult but cool and powerful. And Zerg was always easy to use and difficult to master.
      I never found zerg easy to use...it is sooo complicated !
      " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Big K,

Maybe you are right. The most i multiplay is with a friend or two over my local network and since we grew older that stopped too. I am no practiced multiplayer.
        But when playing them i won some lost some but never was anybody building the vast fleets you keep mentioning of trucks, radar vans etc.
        GLA workers are very slow and vulnerable and usually US chinooks are better resource gatherers. My sniper humvee packs backed by air usually have lots of fun disrupting production.
        My main experience with trucks is the same disruption done to me with truck packs.
        I admit i sometimes play as normal general as i get tanks and the like, but as AF general only chinese gave me probs.
        As for stealth US has drones and satellite recon that reveals every stealth structure.
        GLA factories are pretty weak, even a raptor pack can get one first time and special abilities get them too. I may lose some ACs but i can knock out 90% production.
        As i said i lose when my opponent is able to rush me early enough. If i survive that, he is done. Constant bombardment plus the odd sacrifice humvee raid prevents force buildup.
        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Even I find it hard when someone attacks when I hardly have any building in place...

Thats why I hate to play against Chinese tanks..
          " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Bolo,

like i sad before, playing a human is way too different,

once we've played a professional guy.

he was playing US(dont remember which general), we played 2vs2 in a huge map.

after 2 hours of very ferocious battle we won but he showed why people call him "pro". anyway after the game he proposed a game of 2vs1 to us.

he beat 2 of us alone with his rushs :) the thing was the timing and a tiny map.

he was using US we were using China and GLA and he rushed 2 of us at the same time :) with AT guys and Snipers in humwees:)

that was long ago and we developed some new skills against him and beat him even at 1vs1.

and being a zerging player if i were you i was not hoping to knock out %90 of production of mine no matter which race i use in which game :) :)

you see? this knocking out 90% of production mentality comes from playing against AI :) cause only AI dont make(or very rarely) expansion bases :)

i mean that a skillful multiplayer experienced gamer can surprise you and ruin all your trusted comanches, humvees and other stuff :)

i prefer playing with a flexible mind rather than putting all the eggs to a basket in a humvee or comanche :)

edit: about vast fleets it was you and sohamsri who mentioned about vast fleets of comanches :) or auroras. due to their high vulnerability despite their fire power someone need a VAST fleet of these aircrafts. than i mentioned if thing comes to productivity nothing can compared with GLA :)

that was the point.
            Last edited by Big K; 02 Sep 08,, 07:52.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Gee, there are a dozen or so smileys in that post :-o
              When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
                once mastered... :)

imagine tens of hydralisks suddenly appaears below your fleet :)
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
                  Gee, there are a dozen or so smileys in that post :-o
                  mentions of gaming is always fun :)

yo play 1 hours you talk about 4 hours or like :) it is nice to see that it is the same all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                    edit: about vast fleets it was you and sohamsri who mentioned about vast fleets of comanches :) or auroras. due to their high vulnerability despite their fire power someone need a VAST fleet of these aircrafts. than i mentioned if thing comes to productivity nothing can compared with GLA :)

that was the point.

All I said that once you have 20+ fighters...you can just establish a continuous raid....By the the time the first batch returns...another batch is busily bombing...combine with that the special strikes...

I agree with what you say....and I still havent played much multiplayer...only about 4-5 times..also GLA workers are really slow and irritating...
                    " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

• Originally posted by sohamsri View Post
                      ..also GLA workers are really slow and irritating...
                      :) ok if any player allow you to have 20+ fighters he deserve to ate those missilies :)

btw, once were playing 2vs2, i was GLA Demolitions general. as you know the demo generals thing is to have demo charges on everything on the field even those workers :)

but my opponent wasnt aware of it, and he made the mistake of to not noticing the presence of my workers nearby of his flanking tanks :)

the result: he lost 2 overlords, 3 battlemasters and a couple of AA tanks along with some infantry,

i lost around 15 workers :))

and also notice that those workers have a very low profile on the battlefield :)

ahh also they can work flexibly, they can build and gather resources and suicide bombers :)

you have a dozer for building 2 chinooks at least for gathering and they can not even protect theirselves :)

Comment

• sending a dozer near the enemys main base at the start of the game is a great risk,

sending a worker near the enemys main base is nothing but if succeeded the game will be yours :)

by sending those irritating workers you can;
                        build up early expansions which can protect their selves with stinger sites :)
                        early expans,ons boost your economy pretty well,
                        and the most important is to build front bases, secret production bases to flank the enemy.

for flanking i prefer production rather maneuvering due to understandable reasons :)

but with a dozer you can not risk a $1500 dozer,
                        i can risk $200 worker :)

also notice that dozers can not escape from enemy attacks exactly like workers :)
                        Last edited by Big K; 02 Sep 08,, 09:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big K View Post
                          but my opponent wasnt aware of it, and he made the mistake of to not noticing the presence of my workers nearby of his flanking tanks :)

the result: he lost 2 overlords, 3 battlemasters and a couple of AA tanks along with some infantry,

i lost around 15 workers :))

and also notice that those workers have a very low profile on the battlefield :)

ahh also they can work flexibly, they can build and gather resources and suicide bombers :)
                          :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Was your opponent playing for the first that he didnt know this ?

And excellent exploitation by the way... :))
                          " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

• Wow Bik K you are really into this multiplayer thing
                            Ok i guess i'll bow to your experience on this one.
                            But still........I likeses my airplanes waah :( :)
                            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• You will beat me too (Bik K)....I just find GLA boring...and China Interesting..
                              " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

• None of you like counterstrike ?
                                " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Working...
                                X