X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drhuy
    replied
    Originally posted by InExile View Post
    Again, I simply asked the question. Besides if you want to keep them out of your country and do nothing to help improve the camps (don't tell me about the $3 billion bribe to Turkey), essentially they are going to rot in them whether you are in favor of that or not.

I think that's a selfish position. There is a limit to what each country can absorb economically or politically, but I think that refugees (to the extent the world can absorb) should have the chance to build a proper life, instead of living in a tent on hand outs for decades if there is no chance they can do that in their home country.
    i'm not german. and nothing selfish about "refugee stay in refugess camps", that international law. like i said, they will either return or move on to the third countries.

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    Originally posted by drhuy View Post
    again, i didnt say "they can rot in refugee camps in Turkey or Jordan". I just pointed out they're NOT refugees in germany. Why you keep putting word in my mouth?
    Again, I simply asked the question. Besides if you want to keep them out of your country and do nothing to help improve the camps (don't tell me about the $3 billion bribe to Turkey), essentially they are going to rot in them whether you are in favor of that or not.

besides, refugees are supposed to stay in refugee camps, as "they can stay (not rot) in refugee camps in Turkey or Jordan." So its the matter of improving conditions of those camps.
    I think that's a selfish position. There is a limit to what each country can absorb economically or politically, but I think that refugees (to the extent the world can absorb) should have the chance to build a proper life, instead of living in a tent on hand outs for decades if there is no chance they can do that in their home country.

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    So essentially they can rot in refugee camps in Turkey or Jordan? I find that a heartless position.

I think there must be something between that and unlimited migration to Europe. I think its unlikely that Syria will be a viable country for probably as long as a generation, if it is ever. A certain number of refugees must be absorbed and allowed to build lives in other countries; and I dont mean just Europe and the West. Will probably be best if they were in culturally similar, neighboring countries for the most but the entire world has a responsibility to help.
    again, i didnt say "they can rot in refugee camps in Turkey or Jordan". I just pointed out they're NOT refugees in germany. Why you keep putting word in my mouth?

besides, refugees are supposed to stay in refugee camps, as "they can stay (not rot) in refugee camps in Turkey or Jordan." So its the matter of improving conditions of those camps.

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    a refugee is expected to return or to move to a third country, not settle down permanently. And no, they're not fleeing a war torn country. Did they fly from syria to german? No, they came from turkey, greece etc. Are those war torn country?
    So essentially they can rot in refugee camps in Turkey or Jordan? I find that a heartless position.

I think there must be something between that and unlimited migration to Europe. I think its unlikely that Syria will be a viable country for probably as long as a generation, if it is ever. A certain number of refugees must be absorbed and allowed to build lives in other countries; and I dont mean just Europe and the West. Will probably be best if they were in culturally similar, neighboring countries for the most but the entire world has a responsibility to help.

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    If they are fleeing a war torn country, they are by definition refugees. Ofcourse, granting them Permanent residence and the right to work in Europe is a different matter. There is a limit to the number that Europe can absorb and no one has the right to a free pass to a First world country, which appears to be what a lot of them are seeking. But that doesn't make them any less refugees.

I didn't say you did either, I just asked.
    a refugee is expected to return or to move to a third country, not settle down permanently. And no, they're not fleeing a war torn country. Did they fly from syria to german? No, they came from turkey, greece etc. Are those war torn country?

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    they want to live there permanently, Merkel wants the same thing. So yes, they're immigrants.
    If they are fleeing a war torn country, they are by definition refugees. Ofcourse, granting them Permanent residence and the right to work in Europe is a different matter. There is a limit to the number that Europe can absorb and no one has the right to a free pass to a First world country, which appears to be what a lot of them are seeking. But that doesn't make them any less refugees.

And i never said every one of them must be kicked out.
    I didn't say you did either, I just asked.

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    Granted the number of refugees vs economic migrants is disputed, as is the people from actual warn torn countries like Syria vs safer countries; many who are trying to get a free pass to the Western world.

So do you think there are absolutely no refugees, and every one of them must be kicked out?
    they want to live there permanently, Merkel wants the same thing. So yes, they're immigrants. And i never said every one of them must be kicked out.

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    there's not refugee in german, just immigrants. Also, the capital of anti-islam just elected an immigrant apologist, who advised women to stay an arm-length away from strangers.
    Granted the number of refugees vs economic migrants is disputed, as is the people from actual warn torn countries like Syria vs safer countries; many who are trying to get a free pass to the Western world.

So do you think there are absolutely no refugees, and every one of them must be kicked out?

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    Originally posted by kato View Post
    There's less than 5000 refugees in Cologne, far less percentage-wise than everywhere else in Germany.

It gets even funnier. Not only is Cologne the capital of homosexuals in Germany, it's also the capital of anti-islam Eurabia mongers.
    there's not refugee in german, just immigrants. Also, the capital of anti-islam just elected an immigrant apologist, who advised women to stay an arm-length away from strangers.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    Originally posted by 1980s View Post
    you can clearly see a guy wearing a Kurdish flag below so perhaps a bit premature to narrow it down to just North Africans / Arabs.
    There's a million Kurds in Germany, and what can be seen in the video is a pretty average New Years Eve celebration running the same harmless way it's been going since at least the 50s in Germany. Tossing explosives at each other on NYE is considered good sport over here*.

The flag thing has to do with the fact that the Turkish-Kurdish war has long since arrived in Germany. You can see nationalist Turks and nationalist Kurds facing off on streets here every couple weeks (neither of whom have probably been in their respective part of their country in the past quarter to half century at least); in that sense some guy with a Kurdish flag hopping across the screen? Perfectly harmless.

* Only guy that got arrested for that in my town this year was some drunk dude who in a huff with some bouncers got the great idea to try out the grenade launcher attachment on his blank-firing pistol, firing flare rockets at the bouncers and the line of people.

Leave a comment:

• Mihais
    replied
    To be fair,the clip is very tame.Nothing spectacular.But the Kurds in Germany aren't much different from the rest.

Leave a comment:

• 1980s
    replied
    Regarding NYE horror in Cologne, you can clearly see a guy wearing a Kurdish flag below so perhaps a bit premature to narrow it down to just North Africans / Arabs. Anyway, if this doesnt become a watershed moment for Germany i dont know what it will take...

Last edited by 1980s; 06 Jan 16,, 22:18.

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Originally posted by kato View Post
    There's less than 5000 refugees in Cologne, far less percentage-wise than everywhere else in Germany.

It gets even funnier. Not only is Cologne the capital of homosexuals in Germany, it's also the capital of anti-islam Eurabia mongers.
    I don't think I have enough popcorn for this show.

Leave a comment:

• Versus
    replied
    Originally posted by tankie View Post
    hahahahahahaha well that took its time huh .Yup why are they not home fighting for their country is the thoughts thats been sprouted for months now .
    But they do.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X