• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drhuy
    replied
    Originally posted by kato View Post
    You mean "without".
    i meant having such discussion in a meaningful way is impossible when leftists keep labeling others with words like "racist" or "islamphobia".

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    You mean "without".

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    Originally posted by InExile View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...mment-66365288

This is a fairly good article but I feel it doesn't go far enough.

Liberals; and I count myself one need, to confront the seriousness of what has happened. One can have a discussion on the behavior of group of people from a culture or even a religion without being xenophobic. On whether the rate of the refugee influx has been no quick, without any vetting for security and any preparation how hundreds of thousands of people from an alien culture can assimilate in such a short time without incidents like what happened in Cologne. In an age when Islamist violence is the most dangerous risk of terrorism, allowing hundreds of thousands of muslims into the country in a short time to live freely certainly increases the danger of further attacks. Finally it is a real concern about the pace of demographic change and the resentment it causes in certain sections of the native population.

Refusal to have frank discussion on these issues will further weaken liberalism in the West at a time when the far right is the most influential since the end of WW2.

one cannot have such discussion by waving the word "xenophobic" around.

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    No, I said they face immediate deportation if they don't apply for asylum, which you can't deny I think. Illegal entrants in most countries face deportation if they are caught unless they apply for asylum. If they are denied they have to leave .

Their intent does not change the fact that asylum is the only way they can get residence in Germany.

whether they can ultimately settle down and their intention are 2 different things. Their intention make them immigrants, not refugees, no matter how you spin it.

And how many of them have been immediately deported so far?

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...mment-66365288

This is a fairly good article but I feel it doesn't go far enough.

Liberals; and I count myself one need, to confront the seriousness of what has happened. One can have a discussion on the behavior of group of people from a culture or even a religion without being xenophobic. On whether the rate of the refugee influx has been no quick, without any vetting for security and any preparation how hundreds of thousands of people from an alien culture can assimilate in such a short time without incidents like what happened in Cologne. In an age when Islamist violence is the most dangerous risk of terrorism, allowing hundreds of thousands of muslims into the country in a short time to live freely certainly increases the danger of further attacks. Finally it is a real concern about the pace of demographic change and the resentment it causes in certain sections of the native population.

Refusal to have frank discussion on these issues will further weaken liberalism in the West at a time when the far right is the most influential since the end of WW2.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    In other news, btw, the police chief of Cologne was sacked today.

B4 position, for comparison a Colonel is B3 and a Lt General is B6.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    That's true for most Syrians. They entered the country illegally so without claiming asylum they face immediate deportation
    Correct. Any person illegally crossing a border into Germany can be deported to the country they entered Germany from (within 6 months). However, this partially also isn't applied on the southeastern border because Austria is cooperating with us. I could see it applied quite deftly for e.g. Poland sometime soon. Claiming asylum legalizes crossing the border.

The option is used quite vigorously at German airports btw. Used to be that US citizens were the highest-number nationality deported that way, nowadays it's Russians.

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    Originally posted by drhuy View Post
    right, at first you said syrians are deported immediately because of illegal entrance. Now they say they can stay while others are deported.

regardless, it doesnt change the simple fact, they chose to move to germany with intention to settle down permanently, hence they're immigrants.
    No, I said they face immediate deportation if they don't apply for asylum, which you can't deny I think. Illegal entrants in most countries face deportation if they are caught unless they apply for asylum. If they are denied they have to leave .

Their intent does not change the fact that asylum is the only way they can get residence in Germany.
    Last edited by InExile; 08 Jan 16,, 22:41.

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    They stay while their asylum applications are pending. But people from countries not at war have been deported when their claims are denied

I don't think Merkel is handling this well; it encourages more people to come
    right, at first you said syrians are deported immediately because of illegal entrance. Now they say they can stay while others are deported.

regardless, it doesnt change the simple fact, they chose to move to germany with intention to settle down permanently, hence they're immigrants.

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    are you kidding me? immediate deportation? lol ever heard of the crazy "open border" policy of merkel?

They stay while their asylum applications are pending. But people from countries not at war have been deported when their claims are denied

I don't think Merkel is handling this well; it encourages more people to come

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    That's true for most Syrians. They entered the country illegally so without claiming asylum they face immediate deportation
    are you kidding me? immediate deportation? lol ever heard of the crazy "open border" policy of merkel?
    Last edited by drhuy; 08 Jan 16,, 22:05.

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    but but in your glorious wisdom you said "But without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany"

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    An American could apply for residence through other channels like employment or business. He could try to apply for asylum, but he would be denied and deported pretty quickly
    but but in your glorious wisdom you said "But without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany"

Leave a comment:

• InExile
    replied
    you don't seem to understand the logic. So if an america decides to move to germany to live then they must seek asylum? because "without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany" LOL so what the reason for asylum? Fearing of Obama?
    An American could apply for residence through other channels like employment or business. He could try to apply for asylum, but he would be denied and deported pretty quickly

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    That's German policy to allow people who get asylum to live permanently and then get citizenship eventually. Most countries are not so generous. But without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany.

Like I said before call them what you like
    you don't seem to understand the logic. So if an america decides to move to germany to live then they must seek asylum? because "without claiming asylum they would have no chance to settle in Germany" LOL so what the reason for asylum? Fearing of Obama?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X