Elton: Religion Should Be Banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill

I suspect that it's sentiment like that, which has formed his opinion. Don't prove him right man.

d
    Relax. It's worse than you think.

Comment

Ofcourse, it is easy for him to say. He is freaking RICH. He does not need religion to hold onto.

nitin

Comment

Not everybody who isn't rich needs religion.

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
          and no dissing elton.
          Not my fault he likes to tickle his tonsils with man-meat.

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
          Meh, If it came down to having to get rid of either religions or gays I would probably pick religions. There aren't any Jehovah Sexuals coming to my door bothering me or homocide bombers blowing themselves up with a bunch of innocent people.
          I would ban both, and also remind you that gays are entirely responsible for the appearance of aids in the West, and are also hugely responsible for it's epidemic spread throughout humanity as well.

By my way of reckoning, Gays are much worse than bible-thumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar View Post
            Not everybody who isn't rich needs religion.
            Ofcourse. I was talkin only about rich and wealthy.

nitin

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post
              Not my fault he likes to tickle his tonsils with man-meat.

I would ban both, and also remind you that gays are entirely responsible for the appearance of aids in the West, and are also hugely responsible for it's epidemic spread throughout humanity as well.

Well, without accusing you of homophobia, I'll leave that to one of our resident liberals (they love to throw that one around I've noticed), I feel I should point out that the spread of AIDS amongst the gay communities was not something they wanted, it just so happens that its easier for males to transmit the disease than it is for females. I should also point out that IV drugs and dodgy blood transfusions and medical practices, particularly in the Far East, have done a hell of a lot to spread AIDS, and of course, I don't know too many gays that go around murdering abortion clinic workers and levelling government buildings in the name of their beliefs, but I can level the same accusation at militant Christians, and thats just in recent US history.

Comment

And back to the point, I get where people who hate religion come from, but their belief in that only demonstrates a lack of experience with the mainstream of any religion. The problem isn't the ideas the religions preach, since they're all pretty similar in that regard when you boil them down, the problem is when people either ignore or dont understand the ideals and focus on the stories that are used to explain them. Instead of focusing on the message, they get hung up on the medium used to convey it (some old books for example) and start trying to take them literally, as though every minor detail is fact, and then they start to get mad at anyone who questions that.
                In short, people forget the important point of the religion and get caught up in the least important parts of it, and start killing eachother over it, and its really freaken sad.

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}- View Post
                  And back to the point, I get where people who hate religion come from, but their belief in that only demonstrates a lack of experience with the mainstream of any religion. The problem isn't the ideas the religions preach, since they're all pretty similar in that regard when you boil them down, the problem is when people either ignore or dont understand the ideals and focus on the stories that are used to explain them. Instead of focusing on the message, they get hung up on the medium used to convey it (some old books for example) and start trying to take them literally, as though every minor detail is fact, and then they start to get mad at anyone who questions that.
                  In short, people forget the important point of the religion and get caught up in the least important parts of it, and start killing eachother over it, and its really freaken sad.

People forget the important point of the religion? I have never found any point to religion. To (mis)paraphrase the most published book in the world (allegedly) "in the beginning Man created a God". There isn't a scrap of evidence for the existance of god. Logic, reason and science provides the explanations the early peoples sought, but were not then able to answer.
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post

I second that. Men holding hands and locking lips....ewwww, is so disgusting to me. ..Arrggg....soooo gross.

Comment

When did the word 'gay' started being used to describle homosexuals?

And why?

I will be glad if someone could explain.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Hrm

But two chicks is cool by you?? ME TOOO!!!

d

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                          People forget the important point of the religion? I have never found any point to religion. To (mis)paraphrase the most published book in the world (allegedly) "in the beginning Man created a God". There isn't a scrap of evidence for the existance of god. Logic, reason and science provides the explanations the early peoples sought, but were not then able to answer.

Sir, communists are a good example of godless societies.

Comment

Sniper

"Not my fault he likes to tickle his tonsils with man-meat."

Not his fault either. More and more science is showing that sexual mis-orientation is a natural variation. Hard to believe a species as genetically complex as ours, having two genders and only one body, wouldn't have some kind of variablity there.

"and also remind you that gays are entirely responsible for the appearance of aids in the West, and are also hugely responsible for it's epidemic spread throughout humanity as well."

In the west yes. In the rest of the world, HIV is almost entirely a heterosexual problem. Especially in Africa. What gays are responsible for, is being the only special interest group that could pay for the research/lobby for funding in America. We're damned lucky that they got it first here. If we have any hope of fighting this virus, we'll owe them.

What irks me is people hijacking Christianity to justify any kind of personal bias against gays. There is nothing in Christianity that condemns people for being gay.

As for Sir Elton, methinks that Her Majesties Government should like Her knights to avoid saying that they'd ban organized religion. Having seen so many pius religious types be so unkind to gays, I can certainly understand his perspective. Saying that however, as this thread has shown, does not help his case.

d

Comment

WHY ARE HOMOSEXUALS CALLED 'GAY'?

Any answer?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                                WHY ARE HOMOSEXUALS CALLED 'GAY'?

Any answer?
                                Gay is an adjective meaning "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy"; however in modern usage, gay is a word usually used, as either a noun or adjective, to refer to same-sex sexual orientation — homosexuality.

"Gay", when used as an adjective, sometimes describes traits associated with both queer, or homosexual, men and women, culture or lifestyle. The term lesbian, on the other hand, is used exclusively in a gender-specific way to describe women who prefer sexual relations with other women.

Comment

Working...
                                X