777 missing with 239 souls on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
    I was not thinking ramming in that post of mine. I was thinking ramming with a nuclear weapon on board.
    Errr, to begin with where exactly do the perpetrators of this scheme obtain a nuclear weapon? And having obtained it why hijack an aircraft for use as a delivery vehicle? Why not just pack the device on a commercial cargo flight for scheduled delivery to the intended target? The USA for instance might well scan inbound cargo for radionuclides (although I question their ability to check every inbound container) I know for a fact most other Western Nations don't, to say nothing of other countries. I guarantee you Malaysia or a similar jurisdiction certainly won't check outbound cargo either unless tipped off to do so in advance of course.

Point being, if this is the type of scenario we are discussing then cue the silhouette of a tuxedo clad man carrying a Walther P38 and Monty Norman's theme music.
    Last edited by Monash; 16 Mar 14,, 12:10.
    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      Someone sent me this screen shot of the Malaysian Airlines website when they first acquired the 777.

Don't know if it's true or not but....sigh....

[ATTACH]35949[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking it's somebody's idea of a bad joke since the plane clearly shows four engines.
      This is an A380.....

Comment

Look at it this way ...

If you were going to go down in a ball of flames, would you rather you go down with the Malay chicks to hold on to or would you prefer United aunties?
        Hey I'm all for 'going down' Malay chicks or not. Its just with an average crew to passenger ratio of aprox 20 to one I don't think there would be time! Plus with my luck I would end up with a male steward holding my hand ... or whatever.
        Last edited by Monash; 16 Mar 14,, 12:12.
        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Monash, bigfella, what both of you are saying may and does hold good for now. But 6 months down the line, when the dust has settled, this same plane under different colors and electronic hacked masking will take off for its intended target. With a nuke onboard. And pass through secure airspace unmolested. By the time air traffic catches on, they would already be over a city. Who is going to shoot a rogue 777 with a nuke onboard over a city of 5-10-15 million people? Across land there are borders and checkpoints and chances of being stopped and searched every step of the way. In the sky, you are on your own, unseen, unheard. Till its too late. Where do they get the nuke from I don't really know. But are you willing to bet that all the nukes of all the nuclear powers are safe and accounted for? To the last nuke?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post
            Hey I'm all for 'going down' Malay chicks or not.
            You forgot the ball(s) of flames bit.

Comment

• SB,

You are being overly paranoid and over CT-related. I sincerely hope you are wrong.

BTW, read about the THAAD project. It is designed to kill nuclear missiles. Think about it for a second.

Just to add, I know your guys, as well as Chinese pursued similar tech 5 years ago. Not sure how far they got.
              Last edited by Doktor; 16 Mar 14,, 11:35.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                SB,

You are being overly paranoid and over CT-related. I sincerely hope you are wrong.
                I'm Indian. And if this is a terrorist act, I'm probably first in the crosshairs. So do indulge me.

Good point on the THAAD though. So they need to trigger .... either in air or before ramming.
                Last edited by sated buddha; 16 Mar 14,, 11:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                  Tankie,

Not even the half of it:
                  LiveLeak.com - Shamans Search Missing Plane
                  :slap: however if geller or the witch doks pull it off im converting to their system.;)

Still no word , those poor relatives must be in turmoil .

Comment

I'm Indian. And if this is a terrorist act, I'm probably first in the crosshairs.
                    Why ?? if its Pak terrorists then maybe , but ???

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                      The terrorists already did their job. He feels threatened.
                      Maybe it's due to the several attacks they witnessed.
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                        The terrorists already did their job. He feels threatened.
                        Maybe it's due to the several attacks they witnessed.
                        That is the purpose of terrorism is it not? If a target country changes policies as a result or loses money and assets defending against shadows and bumps in the night or a govt collapses due to loss of confidence or unrest then most terrorists have achieved their goal. But sometimes people just hate and how do you defend against that?
                        However the area of the disappearance would support his fears. If it is taken to be used as a missile, although it has the range to reach the US, that takes it over (depending on where it leaves from) at least China, Russia, Canada then the US. Heavily monitored airspace. If from the Horn of Africa, then across the Med, Europe and North Atlantic- again, heavily monitored airspace. The most logical target would be somewhere closer to where it is (unless that's at the bottom of the IO which it could well be) which gives SB some reason for his fears. Less flight time to target, less time for someone to recognize the threat and act, less time for other things to go wrong.
                        If it is a target in the Middle East, then who? Israel would be a tough target, they aren't asleep when it comes to watching for threats and they can defend themselves. US bases? Again, surveillance and a wartime footing make them hardened targets. Warships would be a difficult to impossible target, even a carrier- they are looking, can defend themselves and are hard to locate if you are flying an airliner-what are you going to do, circle around the Gulf looking for a warship? That won't raise any alarms. Maybe a carrier in the Suez? Is it possible to know when a transit will occur far enough in advance to plan something like this? I don't know, but the more complex the scheme the more unlikely it is. A soft target in the region seems more likely.

Comment

• So far the data reads to a sabotage.

If it is really true then I'm dying to learn what their plan was. It all sounds like a plot from a movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                            Who can say? Its not really difficult to incite passions without basis in logic or correlation or ground realities. We've seen it again and again. And while they would love to do the West and Israel harm, DonBelt put it correctly. They will take the path of least resistance and hit the softest and closest target. Us.

Comment

• New info is that the two pilots did not ask to be assigned together for the flight. If true if indicates that either only one pilot is involved or that the conspiracy involves even more airline personnel. They need to start examining the group of people in the airline responsible for the pilot schedulin, the fueling and the passenger list. And they REALLY need to call in the FBI.

Comment

• This is just weird. Spooky creepy weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X