This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by troung View Post
    Based on imaginary conversations with made up ministers.
    Who said I got the information from a Minister?

Originally posted by troung View Post
    Evidently more corrupt than Russia, with a smaller economy, nothing of value, and a venal political class who are throwing around said IMF money in DCto try and kiss ass with the new administration which they were criticizing six months ago. Beggers and crooks looking for a new sugar daddy.
    Now I would say that Muscovy is probably is more corrupt. Ukraine is a smaller country with a smaller population and no vast oil and gas reserves so having a smaller economy is hardly surprising but our economy is growing and reserves growing while the Muscovite reserve fund is likely to be empty this year.

When people from deadweight nations are outraged the free ride is up, it's a good sign.
    Should I not be outraged when an attempt is made by made a foreign country that labels the US as an 'enemy' interferes in the democratic process there? My people have been dying in the field against a common threat for getting on for two years.

You don't understand our legal system.
    I understand that if a politician can direct a judge to give a decision as he/she desires justice and the long history of Common Law from the Anglo Saxons to the Court of Equity is over.

I understand you worship dictators though you have alleged me to be Nazi, why do you not do yourself and us a favour and move to say North Korea?

Comment

• This is just sad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...roma-home.html

Barack Obama's close confidante Valerie Jarrett has moved into his new DC home, which is now the nerve center for their plan to mastermind the insurgency against President Trump
      Obama's goal is to oust Trump from the presidency either by forcing his resignation or through his impeachment, a family friend tells DailyMail.com
      Jarrett has moved into the 8,200-square-foot, $5.3-million Kaloroma mansion to work closely with the former president and Michelle Obama
      Jarrett lived in the White House, dined with the Obamas, and helped shape his domestic and foreign policies
      Obama cannot use his West End office, a post-presidency perk, for political purposes
      'He's coming. And he's ready to roll.' former Attorney General Eric Holder said yesterday about the former president's reentry into the political scene
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• turning to the Daily Mail now that Milo is no longer a good font for knowledge? ;-)
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
          turning to the Daily Mail now that Milo is no longer a good font for knowledge? ;-)
          What do you have against gay men asty?

Leibniz

Comment

• i have nothing against gay men, i have everything against internet trolls. especially an internet troll who's cool with sex with 13 year olds as long as they're "sexually mature".
            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
              Classy. Well I am pissed that they got the story before our own backyard paper the National Inquirer. In Safeway last night and nothing.

Comment

What do you have against gay men asty?
                They don't always introduce us to their hot gal pals
                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

i have nothing against gay men, i have everything against internet trolls. especially an internet troll who's cool with sex with 13 year olds as long as they're "sexually mature".
                  He was referring to himself and his first sexual experience ;-)
                  If you'd watched the actual full interview rather than read the usual left wing gutter media you'd know he asserted the current age limit is "about right", and his comment was referring to his own loss of virginity to a Catholic Priest. The context was rather than see himself as a victim, he spoke as a willing participant at age 13.
                  Here's the transcript, rather more nuanced than you've been portraying, yes?
                  Personally I lost my virginity at 14 & 1/2, perfectly happily. Should the 'older' woman who bedded me be up on charges?

Leibniz

Comment

• pari,

Here's the transcript, rather more nuanced than you've been portraying, yes?
                    read the transcript already. and no, not really.

“The law is probably about right, that’s probably roughly the right age. I think it’s probably about okay, but there are certainly people who are capable of giving consent at a younger age, I certainly consider myself to be one of them, people who are sexually active younger. This stupid one size fits all policing of culture. (People speak over each other). This sort of arbitrary and oppressive idea of consent, which totally destroys you know understanding that many of us have. The complexities and subtleties and complicated nature of many relationships. You know, people are messy and complex. In the homosexual world particularly. Some of those relationships between younger boys and older men, the sort of coming of age relationships, the relationships in which those older men help those young boys to discover who they are, and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable and sort of a rock where they can’t speak to their parents. Some of those relationships are the most -”

It sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me, another man says, interrupting Milo.

Milo: “And you know what, I’m grateful for Father Michael. I wouldn’t give nearly such good head if it wasn’t for him.”

Other people talk. Oh my God, I can’t handle it, one man says. The next thing in line is going to be pedophilia…says another man.

Milo: “You’re misunderstanding what pedophilia means. Pedophilia is not a sexual attraction to somebody 13-years-old who is sexually mature. Pedophilia is attraction to children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is attraction to people who don’t have functioning sex organs yet. Who have not gone through puberty. Who are too young to be able (unclear and cut off by others)…That’s not what we are talking about. You don’t understand what pedophilia is if you are saying I’m defending it because I’m certainly not.”
                    but oh wait, there IS no nuance here because according to Milo it was all a freaking joke, amirite? his "usual blend of British sarcasm, provocation and gallows humor". right.

Should the 'older' woman who bedded me be up on charges?
                    yes. that's precisely what we do to teachers bedding their students. if an older man bedded a 14 1/2 year old girl, damn right that man should be in jail, whether the girl was "willing" or not. no difference just because the gender is different.
                    Last edited by astralis; 03 Mar 17,, 02:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                      They don't always introduce us to their hot gal pals
                      Heh.

Leibniz

Comment

pari,

read the transcript already. and no, not really.

but oh wait, there IS no nuance here because according to Milo it was all a freaking joke, amirite? his "usual blend of British sarcasm, provocation and gallows humor". right.

yes. that's precisely what we do to teachers bedding their students. if an older man bedded a 14 1/2 year old girl, damn right that man should be in jail, whether the girl was "willing" or not. no difference just because the gender is different.
                        So you'd propose two 15 year old consenting children who have sex should be prosecuted. Or a 16 year old with a fifteen year old? Sounds like you have the problem, not Milo.

Leibniz

Comment

So you'd propose two 15 year old consenting children who have sex should be prosecuted. Or a 16 year old with a fifteen year old? Sounds like you have the problem, not Milo.

That is not what he said at all.

Comment

Very sad indeed. It should be no surprise anymore anything that comes from the seditious left for the next eight years who seem determined to undermine the will of the american people.

Liberals are just digging themselves deeper and deeper with this type of behavior. It's going to come back to haunt them. The american people can see what's going on, and they don't like it.

The fact that Obama released an executive order that allows the NSA to share data with 16 other agencies just 17 days prior to leaving office is further proof that Obama is involved in a 'soft coup' to overthrow and destroy the Trump Administration.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/532788282...#sp=show-clips

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                              That is not what he said at all.
                              Nor is what he's claiming Milo said, what Milo said at all.

Interestingly here's a piece Milo wrote in September 2015. It's on Breitbart so rather than sully your computers, I'll reproduce it in full for you here.

Today, Salon gave a platform to a self-confessed pedophile to explain his urges in sympathetic terms. “I’m a Pedophile, But Not A Monster” reads the headline. It’s a long, self-pitying screed that ends with a call to be “understanding and supportive” of adults who crave sexual intimacy with children.
                              Forgive me if I’m not first to start the standing ovation. In fact I’m pretty sure most people will find the existence on Salon’s website of this post both shocking and distasteful.

The timing of Nickerson’s post, barely a week after multiple high-profile progressives rallied around progressive activist Sarah Nyberg, couldn’t be more suspect. Over the past two weeks, an alarming number of left-leaning commentators have rallied around the self-confessed transsexual pedophile and progressive activist who defended white nationalism.

In other words, progressives who got fired up about whether green and purple was a “rapey” colour scheme were suddenly fine with discussion of incestuous pedophilia from a 22-year-old in a chat room full of teenagers. It has been a somewhat grotesque spectacle to watch.

But these two incidents are merely just the latest in a disturbing trend of pedophilia activism on the Left, which has gone out on a limb time and time again to normalise child abuse. From the 1970s to the present day, organised pedophilia has been a recurring problem for the supposedly progressive movement.

The North American Man-Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) had early support from Allen Ginsberg. In the UK, the Pedophile Information Exchange (PIE) sought acceptance on the Left by affiliating itself with the National Council for Civil Liberties (NCCL), then run by prominent Left-wingers. Leading members of the Labour party, including Patricia Hewitt and Harriet Harman, were tarnished by their association with PIE, but many of them remain in positions of power in the Labour party.

There are plenty of decent left-wingers who are horrified by the attempts of pedophiles to piggyback on their movement, of course. It was former Labour minister Barbara Castle who sought to draw attention to the alleged pedophile rings of the British establishment in the 1980s. And the LGBT movement made an effort to ostracise NAMBLA after it tried to join the big tent of alternative sexualities.

slack-imgs.comThose few trendy progressives who actually have kids aren’t exactly runaway successes as parents and enthusiastically include them in drug-fuelled desert orgies or force them to swear in political broadcasts or take them to “Slut Walks.” But you get the sense that the majority of campaigners don’t have children of their own, or they’d speak rather differently.

Pedophilia itself is of course not confined to one side of the political spectrum. But defending it does seem to be. Pro-pedophile activism continues to surface on the Left in a way that it simply doesn’t on the Right. Salon is one of the worst offenders: the left-wing website runs sympathetic features on pedophilia with alarming regularity.

In 2012, the site ran a story entitled “Meet the Pedophiles Who Mean Well“ about a group called “Virtuous Pedophiles,” who resolve never to have sex with children. (Sarah Nyberg made reference to this group in her leaked chat logs.) In the aftermath of Ariel Castro’s initial court appearance in 2013, Salon ran an op-ed entitled “Our Approach to Pedophilia Isn’t Working,” which argued that pedophilia ought to be treated as a medical issue rather than a moral one.

Yet, incredibly, Salon is by no means alone. In the aftermath of the Jimmy Savile scandal in the UK, the Guardian published a feature carrying the disturbing claim that there is “not even a full academic consensus on whether consensual paedophilic relations necessarily cause harm.” Even left-wing comedy websites are complaining about society’s “misunderstanding” of pedophiles, and their writers post pictures of their own children to pedophiles in “support” when the self-confessed perverts are outed.

What’s happening here? Why are defences of pedophilia so rampant on the Left? And why are pedophiles so attracted to the progressive movement, as opposed to conservatism, libertarianism, or even anarcho-capitalism?

The most likely answer may be difficult for left-leaning readers to accept. For decades, moral relativism has underpinned radical left-wing thought. This is particularly clear when we look at how abuses in Muslim communities are treated. When the Conservative government in Canada labeled female genital mutilation and forced marriages as “barbaric cultural practices,” they were criticised by leading Canadian leftists.

See also: the breeziness with which feminists ignore abuses against women all across the Muslim world, and the timidity of gay rights campaigners to challenge Muslims on gay rights. Not Islamists, you understand, but mainstream Islamic society, in which simply being gay can get you killed in a dozen countries or more. Oh, and Rotherham, where moral relativism and the fear of being seen as “racist” got 1,200 white girls raped.

In the U.S, where a left-wing administration is in charge, relativism has even seeped into the military. As was recently reported, American soldiers in Afghanistan are now being instructed to ignore the sexual abuse of boys by Afghan allies. Campaigners against religious barbarism like the UK’s National Secular Society have condemned the relativism at the heart of radical left-wing identity politics, but to no avail.

It’s easy to see why pedophile activists would be attracted to a movement that makes excuses for practices like FGM. If the mutilation of little girls can be defended on the grounds of cultural relativism — “that’s just how they are” — what can’t be defended?

Anarcho-capitalists and libertarians may wish to dismantle many social and legal checks on personal behaviour, but they draw a hard line around behaviour that harms or violates the rights of others. Relativists have no such rules: by definition, they don’t believe in universal rules at all.

Horrifyingly, there are signs of a new pedophile acceptance movement forming on the Left. Just as Allen West warned, the gay rights movement is being used as a template. First comes the argument that pedophiles are just “born that way,” absolving them of any moral responsibility for their desires. Then comes the argument that pedophiles are just normal people, like the rest of us, but somehow impoverished or victimised by their own condition.

Inevitably, our society’s current ostracisation of pedophiles will be portrayed as an injustice: an oppression from which pedophiles must be liberated, or for which they deserve our sympathy. And woe to the oppressors! Quietly, in progressive columns and academies around the world, progressives are losing their footing and sliding down that slippery slope. Publications like Salon are abetting the turpitude.

“Acceptance” and relativism are essential tools of the partisan Left, which abandons all sense of moral consistency when one of its own is accused. The furious defence of Sarah Nyberg was redolent of the Lena Dunham scandal, in which similarly bizarre and disturbing revelations about Dunham’s relationship with her sister were defended to the hilt by media luvvies.

You know, a bit like how the BBC covered up for Savile for all those years. Just about the only kiddy-diddlers leftists don’t stick up for are Catholic priests, for reasons best known to themselves.

Compare this to conservative molester Josh Duggar, who can only muster support from has-beens like Mike Huckabee. The rest of the conservative movement, from National Review to Breitbart, were unequivocal in their condemnation of the Duggars. But for the hysterical defenders of Nyberg and Dunham, principle — not to mention the safety of children — can’t be allowed to come before politics.

Aggressive public displays of virtue are where the morally deplorable hide. The trend of social justice warriors with closets full of skeletons is common enough to be a meme at this point. It might even be part of the job description. Whether by cleansing progressives of sin through virtue signalling, or simply enabling them to hide in plain sight, slacktivism provides a welcoming environment for scammers and the unsavoury, which is why progressives protect their own: they know it could be any of them next.

The one silver lining is that such people are set to lose the support of the centre. Nyberg’s defenders hoped that the story would be contained in anti-establishment publications like Breitbart. But now it’s spreading to the mainstream, with critics of Breitbart stepping into the fray to admit that the response from the Left has been hypocritical and troubling.

Eyebrows were raised when the media elite collectively decided to make transgenderism “the next civil rights frontier,” because although most people are deeply sympathetic to that condition, the science is very much out on treatment pathways. But this is really, as we say in England, something else.

It is particularly crucial to protect children from pedophiles in the age of the internet, when adults have unprecedented access to minors via internet forums, chat rooms and gaming. Children get phones and tablets earlier and earlier, and nearly all kids play such social games.

Twenty-first century pedophiles aren’t hanging around school gates with candy: they’re lurking online, like Sarah Nyberg. And parents are in some cases decades behind the times when it comes to protecting their little ones.

Radical leftists may be planning to make pedophilia another front in their civil rights battles, but it won’t happen without a fight. Nor should it.
                              Doesn't sound much like an advocate for paedophilia to me. But then because he relates his own experience of under-age sex, he's suddenly a paedophile, blah blah blah. The Democrats talking points are sounding more and more like the religious right. They'd be more convincing without the history of Allen Ginsberg, Kevin Jennings and of course dear old Nancy marching with Harry Hay.

The Salon pieces were of course deep sixed in late January but like all left-wing propaganda organs they're ignorant of how the interwebs work, enter WayBack stage left.
                              https://archive.is/8iWGj

As with Asty, I suggest if you wish to indulge in this argument apropos banishing public commentators you actually do some reading, understand nuance, judge people and comments in both context and history, and thus stop expecting me to educate you on the idiocy of literalism.
                              Last edited by Parihaka; 03 Mar 17,, 03:58. Reason: typos and clarity

Leibniz

Comment

• lol pari, it's such a "Democrat talking point" that -breitbart- people were threatening to walk if Milo didn't get the boot.

bottom-line- here's someone whom thinks age of consent is a "stupid one size fits all policing of culture" because there are "sexually mature" teens out there. or hell, this is all one big joke and we shouldn't take any of this at face value because it's "dry British sarcasm".

if you wish to use Milo for his words of wisdom, be my guest; i'll also be sure to copy and paste THAT jewel of wisdom and/or "dry British sarcasm" for, ah...nuance, context, and history.

Comment

Working...
                                X