Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i mentioned earlier how this was not a disciplined nor effective Administration, and that problem arises from the very top-- something which advisors can at best only ameliorate.

and this was demonstrated in spades today in his interview with that hard-hitting outlet Fox & Friends, when asked regarding the special forces raid into Yemen. emphasis here mine.

This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do. They came to see me, they told me what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected — my generals are most respected we've had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
      Course you do, because as per you Bannon and little Miller are the epitome of administrative competence

The facts are that many of this administrations nominees are not getting past the security clearance. Much more than in other administrations. Those are facts. Now go ahead and put as much lipstick on this as you think would make you feel better.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/si...rticle/2615111
      http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...earance-report
      https://news.clearancejobs.com/2017/...ation-efforts/

https://www.opm.gov/blogs/Director/2...ations-Bureau/
      Last edited by Parihaka; 28 Feb 17,, 21:32.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Course you do, because as per you Bannon and little Miller are the epitome of administrative competence

The facts are that many of this administrations nominees are not getting past the security clearance. Much more than in other administrations. Those are facts. Now go ahead and put as much lipstick on this as you think would make you feel better.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/si...rticle/2615111
        http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...earance-report
        One example of your sloppiness: you're confusing staffers with nominees.

Maybe we should call them alternative nominees.

Comment

• Interesting find Pari. I did not know the bureaucracy has also changed this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
            Interesting find Pari. I did not know the bureaucracy has also changed this year.
            Last minute executive orders, hidden in the general kerfuffle. not that it's a bad thing, it just neatly explains the disparities in staffer checks from previous administrations. I wonder if it's retroactive :-)
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Yes, it's Obama's fault now, because in this imaginary world a little thing called "transition" never took place.
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

One example of your sloppiness: you're confusing staffers with nominees.

Maybe we should call them alternative nominees.
                You can call them whatever you want to make yourself feel better. Does not distract from the fact that this administration is sloppy. My sloppiness, such as it is, give you heartburn. His sloppiness costs the nation.
                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

You can call them whatever you want to make yourself feel better. Does not distract from the fact that this administration is sloppy. My sloppiness, such as it is, give you heartburn. His sloppiness costs the nation.
                  Well, here's another argumentative flaw: overt melodrama.

Comment

Well, here's another argumentative flaw: overt melodrama.
                    Yes, because that is more important than the fact that we have a President who watches too much TV and is bored with security briefings more a page long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                      As for Sessions I don't regard age as a disqualifier and if he does push a war on drugs agenda I'd disagree with him, though we should also note his recent work with Democrats to reduce disparities between punishments for crack and powder cocaine.
                      Pari,

Watch this space

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...orneys-general

Comment

Yes, because that is more important than the fact that we have a President who watches too much TV and is bored with security briefings more a page long.
                        Whether he watches "too much TV" in your opinion is irrelevant. Whether he is bored with security briefings "more than a page long" is unknowable to you. You're talking about irrelevant and unknowable things, which doesn't help our knowledge and understanding.

Comment

Whether he watches "too much TV" in your opinion is irrelevant. Whether he is bored with security briefings "more than a page long" is unknowable to you.
                          Is it indeed?
                          https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/12/u...l-turmoil.html

By the way, I like how you are trying to shift the fact that is staffers (happy now) can't seem to get security clearance. Also, I still have not heard why you think Bannon and little Miller are superb choices.

Comment

They asked for briefings to be kept to 1 page with lots of graphics or and maps. Is that because he's bored of them? Because he doesn't have enough time at the start of the administration? Because the 1 page format was more efficient and conveyed just as much information? Because the people producing the old briefings were being too long winded? Because.......

By the way, I like how you are trying to shift the fact that is staffers (happy now) can't seem to get security clearance.
                            I'm not. First I fail to see how a few staffers out of literally hundreds not getting security clearances can be seen as indicating anything at all. Secondly the real facts are obviously far from justifying the statement that staffers "can't seem to get security clearance". Really? What about the other 99%? It's yet another alternative fact that is as irrelevant as all the other ones you are hysteric over. I didn't think it worth our time to even go over.

Also, I still have not heard why you think Bannon and little Miller are superb choices.
                            I said Trump has selected good people. I did not say that every last single one of his picks were good.

Bro, do you even logic?

Comment

• Trump's speech before Congress last night was the closest he's come to sounding presidential since taking office.

The most heart wrenching moment was when Trump called on the wife of the Navy Seal who was killed during a raid in Yemen to stand in the gallery. Her grief just tore me up...

As usual Trump recited lofty goals but little in the way of specifics.

He made a valiant effort to bridge the divided between Democrats and Republicans.

While he spoke of "Islamic Radical Terrorists" he also spoke of working with "Muslim" leaders to eradicate terrorism. That's step in the direction of Bush's and Obama's policy of distinguishing between Islam and radical elements acting in the name of Islam.

For Trump it was a good speech. Now if he'd just tone down his Twittering, he may be able to improve his approval rating.
                              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                                Trump's speech before Congress last night was the closest he's come to sounding presidential since taking office.
                                The most interesting part to me was when he said both the POTUS and Congress had pledged to "serve, protect, defend our citizen," rather than "protect and defend the Constitution." Very telling.

His definition of healthcare that isn't Obamacare is so close to Obamacare that they should just pass a law saying it is now called Trumpcare: pre-existing conditions covered, premiums subsidized, states helped to expand Medicaid, and efforts to reduce the cost of care, drugs and insurance. In other words, Obamacare.

It is disturbing to see his xenophobia emerging into action with the new DHS office VOICE: Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement. It's almost as if victims of crimes by Native Americans are somehow less worthy of assistance ...

In all, I counted six policy reversals (including the "fantastic F-35" and "respect for veterans") and 20 "alternative facts."
                                Trust me?
                                I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
                                X