2016 Orlando nightclub shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2 View Post
    A bad dude who'd physically abused his ex-wife and apparently had been previously investigated by the FBI without consequence back in 2014. Evidently found time to make a declaration of fidelity to ISIS while slaughtering innocents.

I can't think of any reasonable way a nation can be protected from one-off assaults of this kind. A semi-automatic weapon and a confined crowd of targets is a recipe for carnage.
    I think his "pledge to ISIS" is meaningless frankly. ISIS' "theology" is merely a convenient ideology that would have been replaced by something else, perhaps the shooter's own psyche if need be.

Also, I agree that there's no way this nation can protect itself from one-off assaults like this, not for maybe +-10 minutes of shooting. But then again, we need to ask ourselves what the fuck is so fucked up about America that these shootings keep occurring. The typical NRA response is anything but our ally here.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
      I think his "pledge to ISIS" is meaningless frankly. ISIS' "theology" is merely a convenient ideology that would have been replaced by something else, perhaps the shooter's own psyche if need be.

Also, I agree that there's no way this nation can protect itself from one-off assaults like this, not for maybe +-10 minutes of shooting. But then again, we need to ask ourselves what the fuck is so fucked up about America that these shootings keep occurring. The typical NRA response is anything but our ally here.
      a convenient ideology called islam. It's that simple.

Comment

Joe, banning gun is probably not the solution. Maybe a law that stops immigrants from buying guns, specially Muslim immigrants from Pak/Afghan. I somehow, well, like the idea of Trumph banning Muslim immigration. This terrorist is second generation right? Lived in prosperity, had a good career, but the call of homophobic Allah made him do it. If there are no trouble-makers, there'd be no trouble. Sometimes I don't understand US immigration, why take shit from Islamic hell-holes?
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
          A bad dude who'd physically abused his ex-wife and apparently had been previously investigated by the FBI without consequence back in 2014. Evidently found time to make a declaration of fidelity to ISIS while slaughtering innocents.

I can't think of any reasonable way a nation can be protected from one-off assaults of this kind. A semi-automatic weapon and a confined crowd of targets is a recipe for carnage.
          What if we remove the semi-automatic weapon from the equation ...?
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            Joe, banning gun is probably not the solution. Maybe a law that stops immigrants from buying guns, specially Muslim immigrants from Pak/Afghan. I somehow, well, like the idea of Trumph banning Muslim immigration. This terrorist is second generation right? Lived in prosperity, had a good career, but the call of homophobic Allah made him do it. If there are no trouble-makers, there'd be no trouble. Sometimes I don't understand US immigration, why take shit from Islamic hell-holes?
            This guy was born in America. So was the San Bernardino shooter.

James Wesley Howell , stopped sunday before he could do the same thing.is American by birth, white far right crazy person.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html

Maybe instead of focusing on religion, we focus on mental health.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

James Wesley Howell , stopped sunday before he could do the same thing.is American by birth, white far right crazy person.

Your authorities have said this is a terrorist attack. There is no issue of mental health here.
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                Molotov cocktails are easy to make and impossible to regulate. And if you graduated from highschool, you've got the knowhow for a black powder bomb.
                Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                  Your authorities have said this is a terrorist attack. There is no issue of mental health here.
                  Because, as we know, all the terrorists have perfect mental health.
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

His relatives describe him as unbalanced and bipolar. I'd chalk this up to mental illness more than I would enemy activity.

Dude just snapped and hated gays. I guess we'll find out more as the days come, but that's what it looks like.

Far different than the San Bernardino shooters, who definitely were Fifth Columnists. They had planned several attacks, amassed a stockpile, visited Saudi, were of sound mind, etc.
                    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

this was just a hoax, James Wesley Howell is bi-sexual and has no problem with gay whatsoever.

Comment

One question is why it took the police so long to storm the building. After all those attacks, it should have been dealt with much quicker.

Comment

The father of the shooter is pro-Taliban. Obviously he and is son are/were radicalized.

Comment

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
                            One question is why it took the police so long to storm the building. After all those attacks, it should have been dealt with much quicker.
                            The shooter took hostages, police had to come up with a plan (negotiation?) to end it without more people getting killed.

Comment

Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                              His relatives describe him as unbalanced and bipolar. I'd chalk this up to mental illness more than I would enemy activity.

Dude just snapped and hated gays. I guess we'll find out more as the days come, but that's what it looks like.
                              It can just be both. Plenty who commit these kinds of crimes are often mentally unstable, but the emergence and widespread coverage of ISIS and ISIS ideology can be the catalyst. Who knows? maybe without ISIS he would never have taken the final step. I think the probability of such events occurring increases, mental stability aside.

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post

He'd have used a shot gun and revolver, or maybe mowed down a gay pride parade in a car, set off a bomb, set a fire, flown a plane.... People bent on carnage will find a way.

More improtantly, what if we allowed people to defend themsevles? Now granted booze and guns don't mix, but how about letting anyone who gets wrist banded as a DD carry their CCW?

Comment

Working...
                                X