No announcement yet.

Trump guarentees Obama landslide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donald Trump guarentees seems to be about as reliable as Jim Cramer stock tips.

I'm unsure of why the Dems lose the middle vote when the Republican's sole strategy seem to be playing the extreme card on almost every issue. then again, the Dems are idiots so there's that.

It seems like a sad cycle that American politics now is generally left with the choices of stupid politician vs crazy politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
      Guys, Rosie has the right idea. Let's switch our bets to phone/gift cards for the troops. $20 a pop.

We can buy these through the army/air force exchange service and it guarantees that our people overseas will be able to use them in the exchange or for calling home.

Link here:

https://shop.aafes.com/scs/default.aspx

We can prove we paid up on the bets by PM'ing the receipt to the winner.

Agree?
      sure thing post office has them as well if anyone is just in the mood to buy one. Maybe we can get this stickied so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle?
      Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

dale,

I say it that way to point out the fact that the only people who care about Obama's skin color are, as usual, liberals.

That said I do think the birther thing is a loser for the Repubs.

-dale
        OTOH...if obama were white as say John McCain, let's say i have my doubts the birther movement would have had such traction among republicans even today. how many dems still bang on the similar conspiracy-theorist "is McCain a citizen?" line that we heard in 2008?
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
          Trump Will ‘Probably’ Run as Independent If He Doesn’t Win GOP Nomination - Washington Wire - WSJ

Well, not exactly a guarentee of an Obama Landslide but it would guarentee it. There is no way a Republican dwarf has a shot with Donald siphoning off the hard core birthers and no way a Republican wins if he or she goes hardcore birther.

Are you sure Rosie? I've met very few non-blacks who will vote for him again. Here in Iraq, HE is looked at as being responsible for the troops almost not getting paid. He's lost the military vote. You can do many things, but don't mess with a military man's pay. uhh-bama can only hope for strong third and fourth party candidates to siphon off the GOP for him to have a chance. I know too many people who will vote for ANYONE other than uhh-bama, reason being, no one could do any worse of a job as President.
          "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

reason being, no one could do any worse of a job as President.
            We would like to hope so, but I'm afraid this too will be proven wrong... Someone can always do a job worse than anyone else has. I hope we don't get to prove this after 2012.
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
              dale,

OTOH...if obama were white as say John McCain, let's say i have my doubts the birther movement would have had such traction among republicans even today. how many dems still bang on the similar conspiracy-theorist "is McCain a citizen?" line that we heard in 2008?
              If he was as white as McCain and still played the "I won't show you what you want" game, then yeah, he'd still get that flak. Look how much flak Kerry got about hiding his grades, Xmas in Cambodia, etc., even post election. If he'd won those would have been at least small albatrosses around his neck. Look at the idiots who still refer to Bush as an illegitimate president.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                Look at the idiots who still refer to Bush as an illegitimate president.

-dale
                The O-bomber sure did fix up W's record in retrospect, but I have heard the last three presidents (back to Bush Senior, and even back to LBJ) were all the worst, each in their turn, until the next one came in and caused us to rethink. I have come to the conclusion its politicians that are the problem more than any single one of them, though BO is very special indeed - his spending and printing will be remembered.
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I say it that way to point out the fact that the only people who care about Obama's skin color are, as usual, liberals.

That said I do think the birther thing is a loser for the Repubs.

-dale
                  Sec State Condolezza Rice, Sec Def/Sec State, CJCS Collin Powell, AJ Clarence Thomas, Allan West (LTC ret), Ken Hamblin..... The Republican Party has very little issue with skin color.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    gunnut,

i would agree to that with two caveats, 1.) no major middle east war/OPEC interference and 2.) $6 for an extended period of time, say several months.
                    That seems like too many caveats...I need to sleep on it.

At the mean time, I will donate $100 in phone cards for the troops using highsea's link. How do these cards get to the people who need them and who would get them?
                    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

z,

Sec State Condolezza Rice, Sec Def/Sec State, CJCS Collin Powell, AJ Clarence Thomas, Allan West (LTC ret), Ken Hamblin..... The Republican Party has very little issue with skin color.
                      at the national level, yes. on the grass-roots level, the presence of so many birthers and other nutjobs troubles me.

for instance:

Disturbing polls: Small government, then and now | The Economist

of course, that's not to say the dems don't have their own goodly collection of fools.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Hell, I never thought he'd get elected in the first place.
                        Oh really, remember Sept 2008, how your fed chairman went on about bailouts or they'd be no more economy. Just two months shy of November. That was the point when i realised the repubs hadn't a hope in hell.

You guys had me till then.

Comment

Originally posted by McFire View Post
                          Are you sure Rosie? I've met very few non-blacks who will vote for him again. Here in Iraq, HE is looked at as being responsible for the troops almost not getting paid. He's lost the military vote. You can do many things, but don't mess with a military man's pay. uhh-bama can only hope for strong third and fourth party candidates to siphon off the GOP for him to have a chance. I know too many people who will vote for ANYONE other than uhh-bama, reason being, no one could do any worse of a job as President.
                          You do know the final hold up in the budget talks was over planned parenthood riders having nnothing to do with actual dollars and cents? How is it Obama's fault non budgetary riderrs were being insisted on? Once again it's a black white thing like with Dale. Who cares if He is green? Intrade has obama at 63 cents which translates into 62 percent liklihood of reelection. I said landslide with a third party candidate like trump siphoning off 5 percent of the birthers He wins either way.

I found humor in Trumps's explanation of why his ww2 decorated grandfather would put in false birth notices. Could someone tell the Donald He would of been a US citizen anyway and his excuse that Obama needed those false notices to collect welfare....yes He said that...is a lie. Please spare em the it isnt about race argument when someone starts with the black man needed to have falsied birth notices to get his welfare arguement. Birtherism is about race which is why as has been pointed out the crazies may love it but it's a recipe for electoral slaughter.
                          Last edited by Roosveltrepub; 13 Apr 11,, 23:26.
                          ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            That seems like too many caveats...I need to sleep on it.

At the mean time, I will donate $100 in phone cards for the troops using highsea's link. How do these cards get to the people who need them and who would get them?
                            You can just go to the post office as well. They ahve them there.
                            ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

You can just go to the post office as well. They ahve them there.
                              But that requires me to move...

Where as I can just sit at home and punch in a few keys on my computer...
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Have we seen 6 percent gdp since Clinton?
                                Not since Johnson, actually.

http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/...JavaBox=no#Mid
                                Last edited by ArmchairGeneral; 14 Apr 11,, 00:52.
                                I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X