Females in combat units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolo121 Reply

"Wouldnt your guys be thinking with their guns instead of manning their gun?"

Just how good looking are these women that have fit through all the social filters to find their rightful place in life on the gun-line?

It'll be a bunch of Olga and Helga types down on the guns. The thought ain't pretty.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Seriously, will segregated barracks and living quarters reduce the number of sexual assaults in war zones? It is becoming a problem or so I have heard.
      All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
      -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
        But GunGrape, a question.
        Wouldnt your guys be thinking with their guns instead of manning their gun? :))
        You have obviously never seen a female that has been in the field for a week.

I saw it once, At the SNCO academy.

The horror, the horror

And as S-2 said, I don't think you will find many beauty queens on the gun line. Toting 97lb HE rounds isn't something the cheerleader type girls are capable of.

We would get the girls from the Weightlifting team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
          Just remember though, it goes both ways.

Ie, in a fly by wire system, with a pilot who is lighter, smaller, and yet has a better circulation system to handle high G loads, why not eliminate the bigger ones from the selection entirely?

After all, think about it. Smaller cockpit, less need in that area, and more space could be dedicated to fuel and weapons.
          As the USSR did... Gagarin was just over five foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

The horror, the horror
            There is really no wonder why the longest running thread on military photo dot com "pics of women in uniform" (which is why I don't take the said website seriously) is dominated by Swedes and Israelis. Their girls all have to serve. A friend's mother was a Israeli TV sex symbol and she had to learn how to shoot an Uzi in the army.
            All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple C View Post
              An Italian-American friend of mine spend his winters in his ancestral Italian castle and summers salmon fishing in Alaska.
              Originally posted by Triple C View Post
              A friend's mother was a Israeli TV sex symbol and she had to learn how to shoot an Uzi in the army.
              Boy, did I make the wrong kind of friends
              When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

• Bro, that's just the kind of people a nation-hopping bohemian in search of scholarship will meet. =)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

The horror, the horror

And as S-2 said, I don't think you will find many beauty queens on the gun line. Toting 97lb HE rounds isn't something the cheerleader type girls are capable of.

We would get the girls from the Weightlifting team.
                  oh man, you've gotta see some of the Israeli IDF girls, makes u wish conscription was a good call :)

Comment

• Like these IDF girls?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spork55 View Post
                      oh man, you've gotta see some of the Israeli IDF girls, makes u wish conscription was a good call :)
                      been there, seen them, worked with them. My point still stands.

Strip the makeup off, hair not washed for a week, leftover cammie paint on their face.

Not a pretty sight.

Comment

• One issue I have with women officers in the front lines is that in places like Afghanistan, where you have to work with local elders. I grew a beard on orders so they would respect me more, (no beard and your not a man and so not respected as much), this may well have helped in my meetings with elders and the like. A women can't grow a beard and this could be an issue, along with the simple fact that in these places the elders are all men and they are old fashioned in their views, (sexist). With full armour and combat kit this could be alleviated slightly but in meetings you ditch all that, it shows more respect and trust.
                        Nulli Secundus
                        People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

• Women with beards

One issue I have with women officers in the front lines is that in places like Afghanistan, where you have to work with local elders. I grew a beard on orders so they would respect me more...
                          I met a few women officers who could have easily overcome that beard problem. Yikes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walking Dead View Post
                            I met a few women officers who could have easily overcome that beard problem. Yikes!
                            Nasty
                            Although we could get an eastern-European female shot-put team:))
                            Nulli Secundus
                            People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

• Originally posted by Walking Dead View Post
                              I know what you mean. I have met one or two who could push start a jumbo jet:))

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                                I would not spend a minute in trench with a woman who did not have her legs clean shaven, I'll say that now. Today's stubble is tomorrow's persian rug. ;)
                                I stayed up north this summer, and spent three days out camping on an island in the middle of a lake, not having bathed whatsoever. When I got back to my mom's house, whew. In a very horrible something's died kind of way. Especially from the area that I shouldn't mention.
                                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                                X