Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Callmecur;353972]Think we should have a thread entitled "Which whiskey...?"

Well, Delta Hotel, this MiB finds the topic entirely in keeping with the avowed aim of most Tankies to keep Brewers and Distillers in gainful employment:)
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

My bar in Hildeshiem opened 4pm on friday and closed 7am on monday,but it got me out of Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
        Balantines is an 'Irish"
        Wayne ol frooot , Ballantines was 1st produced in Edinburgh by a G B Balantine in 1827 , so its origins are , Scots Whisky :) Jamesons is an Irish , which i can suffer with

One of his kin Ms G W Ballantine still owns ( I think )the rod caught salmon record u/k i believe from the 1920s , caught off the river Tay in Scotland , a fish of some 60 ibs plus .( 64 i think )
        Last edited by tankie; 12 Mar 07,, 14:14.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          Wayne ol frooot , Balantines was 1st produced in Edinburgh by a G B Balantine in 1827 , so its origins are , Scots Whisky :)

One of his kin Ms G W Balantine still owns ( I think )the rod caught salmon record u/k i believe from the 1920s , caught off the river Tay in Scotland , a fish of some 60 ibs plus .( 64 i think )
          I stand corrected then I was always under the illusion it was an Irish certainly tastes like one, far to sweet for me:)

And to you OoE Sir, humble apologies for feeding you dissinformation.....I cannot imagine what came over me
          Last edited by T_igger_cs_30; 12 Mar 07,, 14:18.
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
            I stand corrected then I was always uder the illusion it was an Irish certainly tastes like one, far to sweet for me:)

And to OoE humble apologies for feeding you dissinformation.....I cannot imagine what came over me
            POSSIBLY a bottle of CHIVAS REGAL

cANT UNDERSTAND WOT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT REF THE BEST OR THE WORST , ALL WHISKY MIXED WITH DRAMBUIE OR METHS GOES DOWN A TREAT , ,,,,, ( MY CAPS LOCK IS BLEEDIN STUCK )
            Last edited by tankie; 12 Mar 07,, 14:20.

Comment

[QUOTE=glyn;354016]
              Originally posted by Callmecur View Post
              Think we should have a thread entitled "Which whiskey...?"

Well, Delta Hotel, this MiB finds the topic entirely in keeping with the avowed aim of most Tankies to keep Brewers and Distillers in gainful employment:)
              Sir, we do our best:)

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                POSSIBLY a bottle of CHIVAS REGAL

cANT UNDERSTAND WOT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT REF THE BEST OR THE WORST , ALL WHISKY MIXED WITH DRAMBUIE OR METHS GOES DOWN A TREAT , ,,,,, ( MY CAPS LOCK IS BLEEDIN STUCK )
                And this is why, Gentlemen, I remained happily an Engineer.

Comment

WhiskY...scottish......WhiskEy...IRISH ..Laphroig is fine if you like drinking pure peat..Chivas mmmm We're begining to show are ages, nows where's me pipe 'n slippers?:)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                    WhiskY...scottish......WhiskEy...IRISH ..Laphroig is fine if you like drinking pure peat..Chivas mmmm We're begining to show are ages, nows where's me pipe 'n slippers?:)
                    Ha Ha! my wife thinks Laphroig smells like TCP and I keep telling her that it has the same healing properties as TCP but she doesn't believe me for some reason....;)

Comment

• Jesus wept I get drunk just stepping into this thread

Hic
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• As said before... I prefer a good bourbon. I'm sure I'll become well-acquainted with the finer scotches in time. :)
                        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          which reminds me about the rotgut we had in Osnabruck , 100 Pipers, jeez , even the Indians who beat up Custer wouldnt drink it

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                            which reminds me about the rotgut we had in Osnabruck , 100 Pipers, jeez , even the Indians who beat up Custer wouldnt drink it
                            Ah the days before we developed our palates :) ........I remember waking up with the sound of 100 bloody pipers in my head after a night on that stuff
                            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              Maybe Gen.Custer should have issued it before Little big Horn, changed the course of History and won!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                                Maybe Gen.Custer should have issued it before Little big Horn, changed the course of History and won!!!
                                Aye , that was his big mistake ?? he sent one of his scouts to have a look see what was going on the night before the battle , and ( paddy the scout whose relatives were newfies ) reported back that if he , Custer , attacked the Indians now he would win as they were all pissed up ,dancin and whooping and having a party

Comment

Working...
                                X