This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even heavier FAL

Alternate FAL setup With Eotech Magnifier and .308 Bullet drop reticle 552.
    Attached Files
    CADPIPE

Comment

• @ Cadpipe

You do know that you can count on me to help you clean all of your gun's now don't you, especially after we just got done making them really dirty with lots of ammo.

I love the L1A1/FN-FAL/SLR or whatever you want to call it, we can get the G§ clones, AR's and a few other things over here (Germany), including the AUG and AK variants, but I have yet to see a L1A1, which I would probably buy in a heart beat.

I'm saving for an AUG at the moment only another €2,000 to go.

Tony
      Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

• Originally posted by toemag View Post
        @ Cadpipe

You do know that you can count on me to help you clean all of your gun's now don't you, especially after we just got done making them really dirty with lots of ammo.

I love the L1A1/FN-FAL/SLR or whatever you want to call it, we can get the G§ clones, AR's and a few other things over here (Germany), including the AUG and AK variants, but I have yet to see a L1A1, which I would probably buy in a heart beat.

I'm saving for an AUG at the moment only another €2,000 to go.

Tony
        Jeez Tony , ya really know how to piss us brits off huh , the way things are going in the uk , there will be a ban on air weapons next , and then catapults , and god forbid , PEASHOOTERS ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cadpipe View Post
          this is a deadly beauty...but i am in love with it :)
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

How does placing a scope behind a holo sight work? I could not figure that one out.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              How does placing a scope behind a holo sight work? I could not figure that one out.
              That's a good question, I eagerly await the answer, also the bullet drop is that for the 150gr milsurp ammo? or will it work on my 180gr hunting ammo too?There would appear to be a largere than I would have expected gap between the Eotech and the HMS.

@ Saint €ric of Darlo, come the revolution they will be habding out clubs and pitch forks.

Tony

Comment

• Eotech with magnifier

Basically the EOTECH by itself is a close quarters combat sight, you get a dot or a dot in a circle, something like that and up to 40 yards or so, anywhere you put the center dot and fire is where the bullet goes, by itself the .308 Reticle looks like a series of dots in the shape of a cross, the intesection of the cross is where you sight the rifle to. When you add the magnifier, you see an object 3 times as close and the bullet drop comes into play, and what you see is in the attachment, because the site is holographic the drops stay the same, and now you can see to reach out and touch someone. The dot at the crosshairs is 0-300 yards, the 6 dot is 600 yards, the 9 is 900 yards, and the 1.2 is 1,200 yards. Without the magnifier you can't see numbers and it is not as good for close in as some other reticles, but at the same time the FAL is better father out, excellent for long range cover fire. At least that is the story Eotech is sticking with, and until I get to go shoot it, I believe them. The flip to the side lets you push a button and the magnifier rotates 90 degrees out of the way so the Sight alone is used for close quarters. Eotech also makes a lever on/lever off mount for the sights, so if the eotech is damaged beyond use, you can remove the sights quickly and use the weapons iron sights.
                CADPIPE

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  Its probably a 3X magnifier, I'm wanting one to go with my comp M2. It has no reticle and simply magnifies it. Very handy when improving accuracy out to 300/350 yds.

Comment

• .308 bullet drop reticle

Sorry, I had a brain fart on uploading the attachment the first time.
                    Attached Files
                    CADPIPE

Comment

• Thank's for the info, they look F'in Awesome.

Tony

Comment

• Eotech from the horses mouth http://www.eotech-inc.com/documents/...20brochure.pdf
                        CADPIPE

Comment

I have beem an aimpoint fan since the 80s. After reading that brochure you may have a convert on your hands. Thanks!

Comment

• Eotech magnifiers

The 3X magnifier is 3.25 magnification, the 4X is 3.75 magnification, not much difference for the price.
                            CADPIPE

Comment

• Fn Heavy barrel with passive and IR night vision.

could not find my bipod to display this one
                              Attached Files
                              CADPIPE

Comment

• Well, here we go again. You and I must read the same books or something. Judging by the weapons you've shown I can see you value your optics as much as your weapon(actually more). I have to question the person who would spend over a grand on a rifle and then put a fifty dollar optic on it?

However, in your case, I would say you commit 3 to 5 times more in your optics. Does that sound about right? Besides, you can't shoot what you can't see! Very impressive equipment Cad. You should bring your AR and we'll go shooting some night.:)

Comment

Working...
                                X