• Sasmaz,
    Kirikkale,
    HK 33 ,
    HK G3 :p

Comment

• K98

Originally posted by leibstandarte10 View Post
      Have you customized your Mauser?
      Not quite, I have taken it and put it in a butler creek stock and fitted a scope rail, and on the top of that I put a Doctor 8x56 scope for the wild boare.

I wasnt using it for range work, but due to it being so damned acurate I thought that it was a waste just sat there in the safe, and I was looking to buy a larger caliber hunting rifle, so I killed two bird's with one stone.

My K98 was a captured by the russian's during ww2, and the finish suffered and none mumber matching part's, bit of a bugger's muddle until you see her perform on the range .

Tony
      Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

• I too have a scoped Mauser that is of German manufacture (1944, to be exact). Probably my favorite bolt action rifle. By way of curiosity, what do you use for ammo?

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Nice pic's.

The stock that mine came in was let's say pitted at best, and any attempt's to restore it would have meant a lot of work as the dent's had ripped the tissue, so no chance of using a wet cloth and soldering iron to get them out, it would have meant hour's of sanding it down, and then refinishing it. Then I would have had to have it re-blued, at the end oo all that I probably wouldnt want to carry it hunting when the weather get's bad (sleet & hail).

Tony
          Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

• For vermin/feral/introduced species on my hobby farm,
            Sako 85 and Franchi Alcione Field O/U.

For playing the laird and making doctors/lawyers jealous at driven shoots,
            Holland & Holland 'Sporting Deluxe' O/U (inherited obviously)
            "Just go home rednecks!" Me, 28/03/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RadioM View Post
              ...Holland & Holland 'Sporting Deluxe' O/U (inherited obviously)
              :drooling all over my keyboard:
              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• water pistol

Comment

• Lieb I'm jealous, that Mauser looks like it would be really fun
                  In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                  The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• Thanks. It's a blast, recoil is mild considering the power of the cartridge, and it's accurate considering how old and under what conditions it was made. It's also good because the ammo is cheap and plentiful!
                    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Originally posted by leibstandarte10 View Post
                      Thanks. It's a blast, recoil is mild considering the power of the cartridge, and it's accurate considering how old and under what conditions it was made. It's also good because the ammo is cheap and plentiful!
                      Yes, ammo is part of the reason why I like mosin-nagants. Its like the oldest caliber still in production, and there is extra stocks of it up the ying yang. I'd come down to Texas to shoot that Mauser, except I think Burka Obama is there right now and that's just a bad omen in my eyes;)
                      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• Yes, perhaps it is a bad omen. I too like the Mosin Nagants, except for their bolts and magazines.

Comment

• Currently own

1. Winchester 50 12ga semi-auto ($15.00 at garage sale)
                          2. Swedish M38 6.5mm bolt-action
                          3. 1898 8mm Commission Mauser with persian markings on receiver and sights. (Can't shoot with modern ammo but has wonderful walnut stock)
                          4. Remington Nylon 66 in .22, semi-auto.
                          5. Marlin glenfield in .22, semi-auto.

Used to own (bet everybody would have a long list)

1. S&W 629 .44 mag revolver
                          2. S&W 29 .44 mag revolver
                          3. S&W 57 .41 mag revolver
                          4. Ruger Blackhawk .357 mag revolver
                          5. S&W .22 revolver (forget model)
                          6. Thompson Renegade .54 black-powder rifle (LOVED IT!)
                          7. Stevens 12ga pump
                          8. S&W 10 .38 sp
                          9. Colt 1911 .45
                          10. .303 Enfield (don't remember model)

Comment

• 1.Savage model 99 lever action,rotary mag(300 Savage) /2.Browning Buckmark .22 LR semi-auto rifle/3.Remington model 700 BDL in 30-06/4.Model 1917 Eddystone(love this rifle)/5.Mossberg model 590 12 GA/6.Remington model 11-87 12 GA/7.Mosin Nagant 7.62x54R/8.16 GA sxs double barrel(memory going,can't remember the make offhand)/9.Iver Johnson M-1 carbine/10.Weatherby Accumark in .338-.378 Weatherby(just in case the odd Cape Buffalo wanders into my backyard )/11.Ruger .22 LR target pistol/12.Kel-Tec .32 auto pistol/13.Taurus model 669 .357 mag revolver/14.Sig model P239 auto in .357 Sig/15.Kimber Ultra Carry in .45 ACP(older model)
                            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Alas, I now only own a .22Mag Anchutz M1518 B/A rifle and a 12G Beretta DB shotgun, which I use to control vermin on a friend's vineyard.

I can identify with Shamus re the need to be prepared for the odd Cape Buffalo or an escaped circus lion!

Before the present gun laws came into effect in Australia in 1996 I also owned
                              a Browning A5 semi auto shotgun, a Remington 870 P/A shotgun, 2 AR-15s (a rifle and a carbine), a Ruger Mini 14 and a semi auto .22 Ruger 10/22.

When I was young (a long long time ago) I hunted deer and roo and owned a .270W Winchester M70 B/A, a .308 Remington M742 (if I recall correctly) semi auto, both a .243W and .222R Sako B/A and a .30/30W M94. I had all of these at the same time and luckily found ways to explain to my very patient and understanding wife that I had a justification for each! ;)

I also shot clay targets and owned a pair of Winchester M101 O/U shotguns. At the same time I was a registered pistol shooter and owned a .22LR Hi Standard semi auto, a .357Mag Ruger Security Six revolver and a .45ACP Colt Gold Cup semi auto.

When I look back I could weep at how much money I wasted on guns but it was great fun at the time!

Cheers
                              Last edited by Tasman; 01 May 07,, 01:57.
                              Learn from the past. Prepare for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tasman View Post

I can identify with Shamus re the need to be prepared for the odd Cape Buffalo or an escaped circus lion!
                                I shed a large tear when I saw the nice collection you had to give up Tas. But I truly appreciate the support concerning the Cape Buffalo possiblity.When I mention this to my hunting partners or neighbors they start backing up slowly and mention some pressing chore they have to do like shaving the dog or helping their cat cough up hairballs.
                                "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X