M21, need your help re: EP-3 Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puressence
    Lee Kuan Yew smacked the Chinese leadership down over this. He told them as much that they had done such a job of fostering hate about other countries and pride in their own Chinese superiority in the mainland youth that protests about Japan rapidly degenerated into violence, so why be surprised?

These youth are the biggest possible reason the world would go to war in a few decades.
    lol, do you have family in China and have you ever stayed in China for a long time, that you can make a statement like this?

Comment

I have been to China many times. Sorry if that disappoints you. Bu yao yi wei wai guo ren si xia zi.

The level of propaganda in China is breathtaking, insiduous and a symptom of an astounding inferiority complex.

Which you also display, Mr Huang.

Comment

puressence,

我沒有以為你是瞎子, but can you honestly say that the chinese propaganda system is necessarily greater than chinese propaganda of the 60s or even the 80s? and remember, even then, the very core of the CCP was shaken by a particular event- 天安門 should strike a few bells, no?

just the fact that such an event happened should tip you off that the propaganda machine is not exactly that great. especially, as we have seen in the past five years, increasing levels of anti-state/anti-CCP violence.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I have been to China many times. Sorry if that disappoints you. Bu yao yi wei wai guo ren si xia zi.
          It's become sort of protocol on here to avoid using non-English words and phrases without providing a translation. Can you help me out on this one? Thanks :)
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

sorry about that. won't happen again. It says, "Don't think that foreigners are blind."

Astralis, I will reply later. Your thoughtfulness has given me pause to think.

Comment

tophatter,

my apologies about that, i will add the translations in from now on.

my first sentence was a reply to puressence, "i certainly don't think you are blind...", with the second use of mandarin being the event of tiananmen.
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis
                天安門
                Well if i'm reading that right i know what "Tianemen Square" looks like in Chinese now.

LOL.

Comment

tophatter,

my apologies about that, i will add the translations in from now on.

my first sentence was a reply to puressence, "i certainly don't think you are blind...", with the second use of mandarin being the event of tiananmen.
                  And so i was correct.

LOL.

Comment

sorry about that. won't happen again. It says, "Don't think that foreigners are blind."

Astralis, I will reply later. Your thoughtfulness has given me pause to think.
                    Did he say "Foriegners", or Gaijen? ;)

Comment

This is Chinese. It's Quai Lo.

Comment

I thought it was gweilo.

Comment

m21,

good guesses! foreigners = "wai guo ren", "outside country people", literally. take away the "guo" and you have the same characters as the more famous japanese "gaijin", which is just a shorter way of saying the same thing.

hmm. i donno if i oughta be teaching ya any more chinese, next thing i know you'll be picking up chinese women left and right

Comment

snakeplisken,

that's cantonese.

Comment

The level of propaganda in China is breathtaking, insiduous and a symptom of an astounding inferiority complex.

Which you also display, Mr Huang.
                              Actually, I do find that a lot of people not well versed in the Chinese culture have a hard time of knowing what's going on.

Interesting, you seem to make comments about me just based on
                              "lol, do you have family in China and have you ever stayed in China for a long time, that you can make a statement like this?"
                              So, since you sound like you are into psychology. Can you explain to me how I display this "symptom of an astouding inferiority complex"?

But yeah, since you've been to China many times, you mind explaining which part bothers you? Obviously, I disagree with your view, but feel free to prove it.
                              Last edited by tphuang; 30 May 06,, 08:06.

Comment

m21,

good guesses! foreigners = "wai guo ren", "outside country people", literally. take away the "guo" and you have the same characters as the more famous japanese "gaijin", which is just a shorter way of saying the same thing.

hmm. i donno if i oughta be teaching ya any more chinese, next thing i know you'll be picking up chinese women left and right
                                Hmmm.

I'd like that. Oriental chix are HOT.

Comment

Working...
                                X