Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    If that airframe actually takes off of course
    he would take off, not sure about landing thou ...:)
    J'ai en marre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      Dumb question probably but if I were to mount sidewinders and modern electronics on a good WWII era airframe, it'd actually end up being an interesting fight?
      The modern platform will probably put a radar guided missile up your butt long before the merge ever happens

I'm thinking if it's a 1 v 1, the modern platform will still enjoy overwhelming advantages over the WW2 airframe.

It's the swarms and swarms that the WW2 airframe brings that'll cause major headaches for the modern fighter(s).

Of course chogy can come in here any minute now and blow my post out of the water. :)
      Last edited by YellowFever; 22 Jan 12,, 00:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979 View Post
        he would take off, not sure about landing thou ...:)
        Of course he's going to land. He has to. Gravity is not giving him a choice.

Comment

• Oh if you treat em right they still get off and on the ground

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Damn, I miss Wanaka...
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• How can this thread still be alive this long?????? Btw, is there anybody here a fan of 1632 series?

Comment

• I think every smart marine would see a chance to build a kingdom and be a king himself. It would take more than military discipline to keep them as a single unit and build up United State of Europa. Otherwise the formation of many small warring states with its own agenda is very possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by hanswu25 View Post
                  How can this thread still be alive this long?????? Btw, is there anybody here a fan of 1632 series?
                  We're bored
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• and we have no life

Comment

• Life is overrated.

Comment

• Low end jets vs high end piston

Falklands War, Argentinian Air Force FMA AI 58 Pucara with really close specs to the zero speed wise and more modern arms got turned into hammered dog poo by a harrier.

Even during WWII, the allies piston engined fighters had to catch the Me262 coming in for a landing to get them.

In the early stages of the Korean War, NKPAF Yak-9's and IL-10's got shredded by USAF P-80 Shooting Stars.

Really want to have fun...

A flight fo 4 C-130H's out of Little Rock Air Force base vansh into thin air, in an alternate universe they re-appear in 1941. Not jet powered, only using technology from 25 years in the future- but it cruises at twice the B-17's speed, in fact cruises faster than most piston engined fighters can fly in 1941. It climbs twice as fast as well, not as fast as a fighter, but twice as fast as the Fortress. The Me109E-7 only has a 23mph speed advantage over the C-`130H.

Even after arming the C-130h with guns it will still pack 4x the bomb load of a B-17 and 2.5x the bomb load of a Lancaster. Plus imagine turbojet technology applied to some of the great airframes like the Spitfire, Mustang, Thunderbolt....

Comment

• It would appear impossible. The numerical superiority of the Roman forces is a factor one can never overlook. An average MEU cannot be expected to create the technology required to generate electricity or even spare parts within the set time constraint. Eventually, the marines would be forced to rely on the same technology used by the Roman forces.....which inevitably..would lead to their defeat.

Numerical superiority - Romans
                          Knowledge of terrain - Romans
                          Logistics - Romans
                          Technical know how- Romans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            Of course he's going to land. He has to. Gravity is not giving him a choice.
                            Many pieces hinting the ground is not called a landing.
                            J'ai en marre.

Comment

• For fun i used to simulator setup a guns fight only between a A-10 (steered by myself ) and a F-16 ( steered by the AI ). the shorter turning radius of the A-10
                              allows you to turn into the attack faster and bring the 30 mm Gatling to bear on the attacker.
                              J'ai en marre.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979 View Post
                                Many pieces hinting the ground is not called a landing.
                                Well, pretty much it'll be in one piece prior to hitting the ground...... ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X