Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured. That is why Z and The Dude gave you answers for tactical formations.

Recommend in the future you state if its IDF centric.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

• Well, that was gonna be my first hint, but as you saw, Mihais got it even without the hints
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• The way it was worded though the answer could have easily been the Herringbone/ coil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          I figured. That is why Z and The Dude gave you answers for tactical formations.

Recommend in the future you state if its IDF centric.
          He (almost) always posts quiz questions that are Israel/IDF centric.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• This is also true. It makes it kinda predictable, but hey, go with what you know....
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              He (almost) always posts quiz questions that are Israel/IDF centric.
              Yeah but my Hebrew sucks and I don't want to use the Google-Fu......
              Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah but my Hebrew sucks and I don't want to use the Google-Fu......
                Mine is non-existent. Google-fuing his questions takes some time and a lot of nerves, I agree.

We are the newer generation, curious and born with keyboards in hands, what can I say ;)
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Ok,this one is simple.It involves orange marks on the top of the hat/helmet.Who had this and why?
                  Hint,it's in the last 30 years.
                  Those who know don't speak
                  He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Pathfinder markings
                    Mark Twain

Comment

• AFAIK it was Africa specific. And no,I didn't had pathfinders in mind.
                      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Another clue perhaps?

I am thinking to mark peacekeepers but I could be wrong (as usual).
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Another clue perhaps?

I am thinking to mark peacekeepers but I could be wrong (as usual).
                          It involves peacemaking,the loud and bloody way
                          And it was used by the good guys,not the commies or limb choping rebels.

Comment

• I am thinking pieces of VS-17 Panels were sewn onto the crown to mark FLOT for aircraft.

Thsi is what I meant by Pathfinders....they do the same thing on the inside of their headgear.
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Well,you're getting closer.Your turn.

It was a technique pioneered by the SADF for marking friendly forces during CAS.Helicopters flew at top tree level and thus they were able to support their infantry in very close contact.It was also used by Executive Outcomes in Sierra Leone.

p.s What's FLOT?

Comment

• Forward Line Of Troops

And as for the SADF "pioneering this"...it was standard practice to use high visibility panels in Western Europe in WW 2 for the same purpose as well as the Pacific as the war went on Tons of 1st hand accounts, particulalry by airborne forces. Same with Korea and definitely in Viet Nam so I am not sure how this was "new" in the 1970s-1980s.

I'll get a question out later.
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X