Should Palestine become a STATE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indianguy4u
    Thanks british for today's situation there. Also both the parties are mutually responsible. all those targetted killing by israel have bore fruits in reducing terrorism there. Innocent israelis are also are being killed, what about there life?

I FULLY agree, noone deserves to die at the hands of jehadis wet dreamers but that does not mean that millions cannot even have the basic right to lead a free life in a free state because of it. Its wrong mate, wrong wrong wrong.

Also many Palestinians have also died and Gazza and the west bank are what? jails, you cant move freey in there without Israeli permission for God's sakes, that is wrong wrong wrong. Israel controls access to land, water and air going from or to that place, just because the Israelis dress up nice and dont act like monkeys on tv like many palestinians do does not mean that we should ignore their plight.

I am a Hindu and i may have some problems with Islamic fundamentalism, its pathetic and it kills people all over and these people should be killed, we all agree but my faith teaches me to do the right thing and speak about the right thing, at least I am proud that India has always spoken for the plight of Palestinian refugees while condemming the violent uprising of the Jehadis. BOTH JEWS AND ARABS SHOULD LIVE TOGETHER not hate each other. I have lived in India for many years side by side with Muslims, there was never a problem, if I can do it, so can Jews and so can Muslims!!!! Both sides are at fault here but we cannot forget what is right and wrong/

Comment

We both are in the same side of the line my friend.
      Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sameer
        I hope that you are being sarcastic, if there is one thing i hate, that is when religion, somehting that is between you and you alone and God begins to affect others. Judaism or Islam, thy are all beliefs, its faith, not fact, sorry, the lives of wwomen and children, be it Jewish or Muslim, that is real and both deserve to live in a free land. I think that if there is such a thing as GOD then he would ave to agree with me or else to hell with him.
        No I am NOT being sarcastic .... I FIRMLY believe that the land of Israel has been promised by God to the Children of Israel ... arabs have no place to be there ...

Comment

Originally posted by visioninthedark
          No I am NOT being sarcastic .... I FIRMLY believe that the land of Israel has been promised by God to the Children of Israel ... arabs have no place to be there ...
          Aren't we all God's children?
          "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by shek
            Aren't we all God's children?
            Ahh...but whose God? ;)
            When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by Amled
              Ahh...but whose God? ;)
              well ... I am sorry if I offended anyone ... but that is just my faith .... the Land of Israel belongs to the Children of Israel ...

Comment

You know, the funny thing is, many Arabs and many Muslims aren't bad people once you get to talking with them and put aside the stigmas you have about each other...
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by visioninthedark
                  God?? Sorry, God does not hand out nations to people.

Rather than discussing whether the nation state of Israel can exist or not, accept the reality, Israel exist and will exist not by will of God but by military force, as it has been demonstarted over the years.

BTW, if Israel is God's gift to Jews, then certainly he would've given one for the muslims (Palestine), ofcourse God would not be partial to Jews, would he??

Ofcourse Islamic terrorists should stop killing innocent Israeli citizens, as it has acheived nothing but pain and grief for poor Palestinians.

Also, Jerusalem is as holy to muslims as it is to Jews. So neither one can claim it based on religion.
                  A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                    Also, Jerusalem is as holy to muslims as it is to Jews. So neither one can claim it based on religion.
                    Mecca is the most holy site to Muslims, while Jerusalem is for Jews. However, Jerusalem holds significant value to Jews, Christians, and Muslims, so while I disagree with your comment that it is just as holy to Muslims as it is to Jews, I do agree that there is no reason why a single religion should own Jerusalem.
                    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

You see, there's the problem: Jerusalem isn't owned bya religion. It's owned by a people. The fact that the people happen to be of a religion, in a state that's based upon that religion isn't germane. It's owned by the Israeli's, jews and non-Jews alike
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                        I'm not an outsider, and it all boils down to this:
                        A: We were here first.
                        B: We're stronger, so we get to keep it.
                        C: We're like the parent, the Pal's the children; we're willing to be nice, but if you misbehave, you're going to be punished!
                        What an utterly refreshing and honest statement bigross, one that expresses what has been missing from the many debates regarding Israel and their own War on Terror.
                        Free from religious trappings such as: being the Chosen People in a land promised them by God, equally free of soppy sentiment appealing for sympathy due to the centuries Jews have been hounded and persecuted.
                        Simply a statement that essentially says: We were stronger so we took it, we will remain strong therefore we intend to keep what we took, and if anyone don’t like it, Tough Titty!
                        Yet an attitude such as this bigross, is bound to carry a price you might be willing to pay, but what about the rest of Israel. Militant Palestinians and Islamic militants will continually view Israel with hate and ceaselessly target it, either militarily or through terrorist tactics, and Israeli civilians will fall as victims. Yes the wall and increased security measures will help, but neither are infallible.
                        So while your stance is admirable, accommodations IMO will inevitably have to be made, including on Jerusalem.
                        Yet what about the Temple Mount?
                        When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

It's very simple. I, and people like myself, who are going to the IDF will protect the nation and it's inhabitants, with our lives if necessary.

Comment

It's very simple. I, and people like myself, who are going to the IDF will protect the nation and it's inhabitants, with our lives if necessary.
                            Bigross its not your commitment or that of IDF; that given IDF’s history through all of their wars is beyond reproach, which I’m questioning.
                            It’s simply that the stance you advocate will doom the people of Israel to a future of war and conflict, something no one could wish on their people.
                            Therefore some form of accommodation will have to be made, (not appeasement – Wash my mouth out with soap!) an accommodation that might be unpalatable to both parts, but one you can live with.

Comment

You outgun Palestinians for God's sakes, there have been many many more Palestinians who have died than Jews in this conflict, both sides need protection. Why dont you protect both sides from both the Jewish settlers who for the most part are fundamentalists and the Jehadi terrorists?

If Jerusalem does not belong to anyone religion, then why not share it?

That would be a nice and civilized start.

Do you think that its okay for a people to constantly live in refugee status, for a people to live in quasi jails such as Gazza and the West Bank? That my friend is wrong and I do not know what God actually lets you do that but whatever it is, it does not sound like the God of the Torah.

Why not share the land with the Arabs, both sides need some growing up, the only reason this has not been put forward is ebcause of religion, there would be more Muslems that Jews right? why cant people think beyound religion for a change and live in peace.

Comment

Why dont you protect both sides from both the Jewish settlers who for the most part are fundamentalists and the Jehadi terrorists?
                                Actually the IDF does protect the Palestinians from the settlers.

Comment

Working...
                                X