Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Athlete of all time regardless of sport!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentino Rossi.

8-time World Champion.

- 1 time 125cc World Champion
    - 1 time 250cc World Champion
    - 6 time MotoGP (500cc, 990cc and 800cc) World Champion

Brought the sport of motorcycle roadracing into mainstream by dominating it with his racing and personality for the last 10 years.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Walking Dead; 08 Jan 09,, 06:36.

Comment

John Conteh.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dead View Post
        Valentino Rossi.
        Ok you might not agree with Freddy Spencer. But I would have expected a "King" Kenny Roberts , not this youngster.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Gun Grape; 11 Jan 09,, 06:10.

Comment

Anyone who "rides" or "drives" something isn't an athlete. Sorry.
          America doesn't deserve its military

-Emma Sky

Comment

Originally posted by osage18 View Post
            How about if you ride the bench?
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Raúl González Blanco. Earlier today he just played in his 500th La Liga game for Real Madrid, and scored the 212nd league goal (305 overall, just 2 away from the legend Alfredo Di Stéfano). Always shall be the greatest athlete for me.
              夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                How about if you ride the bench?
                Touche. Good catch. I'm sure you know what I meant.

I have to listen to fools at work try to explain how NASCAR drivers are great athletes.

-Emma Sky

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsy the Lar View Post
                  John Conteh.
                  Never. A joke, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                    Ok you might not agree with Freddy Spencer. But I would have expected a "King" Kenny Roberts , not this youngster.
                    I agree on that one. How about Barry Sheen up there too?

Comment

Could most athletes be able to stand the 'G-Force' of an F1 Car?

Comment

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...the_rider.html

http://www.mensfitness.com/sports_an...eme_sports/112

What an ignorant statement.

Next time you take a bike from 210 mph to 30 and stuff it in a corner battling for 1x3 foot space, inches away from 5 other bikes, let me know.

You think this is done by some crazy magic - think the bike does it itself? Ha! These men train at near-Olympic levels. More fit then the "ATHLETES" they call Baseball Players. These men are your standard triathletes - many actually compete in Iron Man competitions and MOAB mountain bike events.

Just because Webster's does not define them as athletes does not mean they are not. And don't lump these guys with car drivers - that's even more ignorant.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Walking Dead; 12 Jan 09,, 06:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                          Not sure if I can agree here. I am speaking in terms of complete and utter domination of the sport on all facets - including being one of the top paid athletes in the world (and yes, Osage, when it comes to salaries as well, all ATHLETES are in the same list - football players, soccer players, golfers and motorcycle racers - all ATHLETES, within their respective disciplines).

Back to my original point, I also took in consideration the effect this individual's accomplishments had on his discipline. King Kenny has done a lot, including the invention of the knee dragging technique but, overall, I think Vale has him beat.

Comment

Sachin "bloody" Tendulkar
                            "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

They have guts, still not athletes

Originally posted by Walking Dead View Post

What an ignorant statement.

Next time you take a bike from 210 mph to 30 and stuff it in a corner battling for 1x3 foot space, inches away from 5 other bikes, let me know.
                              I'm not contesting the fact they have GUTS. Very risky sport. So would you include demolition derby drivers as athletes?

You think this is done by some crazy magic - think the bike does it itself? Ha! These men train at near-Olympic levels. More fit then the "ATHLETES" they call Baseball Players. These men are your standard triathletes - many actually compete in Iron Man competitions and MOAB mountain bike events.
                              Don't know; I'd question if that's true or not...but I won't argue.

The bottom line is: what do these riders "do" during competetion? They sit. They sit down on their butt the entire race. Why do they need elite cardiovascular ability? They don't.

At least Golfers walk...but that's a different discussion.

-Emma Sky

Comment

I had an English teacher back in high school who rode bikes; semi-pro. He wasn't what I would call athletic though it is one case and he was semi-pro. Still I don't think it is an apt comparison between MotoGP riders and baseball players who play 162 games in 182 days roughly, not including spring training and playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X