Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soutie View Post
    my gut tells me we are going home tomorrow
    looks like your wish is coming true , South Africa is living up to its reputation.

South Africa 128/8

Comment

• Looks like Australia is not having an off day today and SA has 'choked' again! :)

SA 149

Aust now 128/3

Cheers
      Learn from the past. Prepare for the future.

Comment

• Ok Aussie vs Srilanka it is, that should be fun.

Our VP (R&D) is an Aussie, should I wait for the finals to ask for a raise??

Comment

• Sri Lanka is the team best set up to beat Australia. They are the only team with a batting & bowling lineup that can match Australia. Should be a good final.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
            Sri Lanka is the team best set up to beat Australia. They are the only team with a batting & bowling lineup that can match Australia. Should be a good final.

Yep, If Murali and Malinga get cpl of wickets each, Jayasuria fires, we will have a match to watch. Otherwise it will be boring one sided affair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
              Sri Lanka is the team best set up to beat Australia. They are the only team with a batting & bowling lineup that can match Australia. Should be a good final.
              I agree. The two best sides are through to the final. Any team with Jayasuriya leading its batting line up and match winning bowlers in Muralitharan, Vaas and Malinga, is a real threat to any other side. Australia will again need to produce its 'A' game.

Cheers

Comment

• I'm in a cleft stick, I'd like to cheer for Aussie as I'm feeling all ANZAC'ed up, but 3 times in a row is just too much. Go Sri Lanka!
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• It seems that the two best teams have made it through. That is as it should be.

Sri Lanka are playing some great cricket ( I watched the game live, being an early riser ) but I am not sure that it is enough to beat Australia. After the "hiccup" of the one day series in Australia ( we thrashed them in the Tests and the 20-20 games ) Ponting's team appears to be back to its best. If Sri Lanka wins it will be a great victory to them and one that had truly to be earned.

Frankly, I am not jingoistic enough to want other than a good game of cricket to watch between two superbly talented and entertaining teams.

BTW the Sri Lankan coach is Australian!! As were the Pakistani and Indian teams coaches!! Bangladesh still has an Australian coach.

Jonathan

Comment

• i think in my book NZ has made the semi finals 5 times ,that is choking donald dropping his bat when only one run to win thats choking ,getting thumped by 7 wickets is not choking,they just ****ing bent over and got shafted

Comment

• All the buildup for the finals and then a two hour delay for rain and the game reduced to 38 overs each! Some of the commentators think that will benefit the underdog, Sri Lanka.

Australia 281/4 from their 38 overs at 7.4 per over. If Sri Lanka achieve that it will be a great match (not that I'm barracking for SL of course! )

Adam Gilchrist 149 off 104 balls chose a good match to find some form.

Cheers

Comment

• What do the bookies say?

That is most important! ;)

It has to be a most exciting finish or else how will the ad come next time?

No money and there will be no world cup!

Games are no longer for the fun. It is BIG business.

Fat Cats and sharks have ruined what was a gentleman's pastime!
                        Last edited by Ray; 28 Apr 07,, 20:42.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Well Sri Lanka are going very well 110/1 off 18 overs and Jayasuriya and Sangakkara going hammer and tong. Thet've certainly given SL a chance and it looks kike it is going to be an exciting finish.

Bookies showing SL at 4 and Oz at 1.25 but I think it will be closer than that!

Cheers

Comment

• SL 149/3..not looking good. Rain stopped play again.

I don't understand, they have a reserve day, so why restrict overs to 38? Why not continue tomorrow or better yet, start tomorrow? M/s DL should not be the ones deciding the outcome of the Finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by kams View Post
                              SL 149/3..not looking good. Rain stopped play again.

I don't understand, they have a reserve day, so why restrict overs to 38? Why not continue tomorrow or better yet, start tomorrow? M/s DL should not be the ones deciding the outcome of the Finals.
                              The end was farcical. With three overs to go and SL needing 63 runs the players were called off because of bad light. Everyone, including the officials, thought Oz had won but the umpires then announced they would have to come back the next day to bowl those three overs! So you are right Kam. If they can come back gfor three overs they should have been able to bowl 50 a side and continued the next day.

Sanity has prevailed. The two captains have agreed to bowl the last three overs regardless of the the light. Oz has put on slow bowlers.

Australia has won. Well done SL for making a good game of it.

The ICC now needs to get its act together. The whole WC has been a farce IMHO.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Tasman View Post
                                The end was farcical.

Australia has won. Well done SL for making a good game of it.

The ICC now needs to get its act together. The whole WC has been a farce IMHO.

Cheers
                                Congratulations Aussies. You deserve the accolades.

Slanka - I am bit disappointed with their show in finals.

Tasman, I agree that WC 2007 has been a big fiasco. Too long IMHO. Could have been better.

Comment

Working...
                                X