Asia wins right to host 2011 CWC, sorry Parihaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray,

The problem is that the Subcontinent is getting an overdose of cricket. It is already getting very stale. The recent India-Pakistan series was a flop. If a India-Pakistan can fail to generate enough public interest, there is a serious problem.

Before the Pakistan series, the South Africa and Lanka series too weren't able to generate enough public interest. If 1 billion Indians stop watching cricket, the corporates will be the first to abandon ship.

The ICC is crazy, for the sake of small term profits (for example the current BCCI, PCB, ICC cheifs want to make personal forutnes before their tenure runs out) the game itself is at risk.

Look at India, alternative sports to hockey and cricket are more popular than ever. By 2011, we all will be bored of cricket (I already am bored of ODI's), if there isn't a toning down of the amount of cricket played, the 2011 World Cup, the 2006 ICC Champions trophy and the 2006 World Cup, all can be major flops.

India generates more than 75% of ICC revenue, ICC & BCCI can't afford to have Indians bored of cricket.
    I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Gautam
      I am sure IAF would be on standby just in case things don't go our way;)
      No we will just have the Indian Army commit some more atrocities on the poor innocent kashmiris..

Comment

Originally posted by Vaman
        No we will just have the Indian Army commit some more atrocities on the poor innocent kashmiris..
        And......???? What are you trying to convey, you freakin' idiot!
        Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus
          And......???? What are you trying to convey, you freakin' idiot!
          Congrats on being the idiot who had to respond to it. Unfortunately you werent the intended target.
          Now STFU, you n00b.

Comment

Originally posted by sparten
            I think we are hosting about the same number of matches as per last time, when IIRC it was 17,16,4. Parihaka, with any luck it will be us against you guys in the semis........again.
            Ah but this time we shall extract Utu and the result will be reversed!
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Hari_Om
              Indian money is driving this one, not Bangladeshi, not Pakistani and not Sri Lankan. ;)

India is primus inter pares within the broad guidlines of whatever was agreed for the joint bid and will take first pick. The others are welcome to whine ;) ..
              I am a little disappointed actually. The matches awarded to the neighborhood are clearly freebies being offered. India could have won the bid on its own if it wanted. Even at this very moment we already know that every little bit of ad space would be bought out by Indian cos.
              What isnt right is that despite being the richest cricket board out there, the BCCI chooses to treat its customers so shabbily with such poor spactator facilities. I wasnt surprised when Tendulkar got booed, treat your customers that badly AND they miss out on what they paid for ..and that was bound to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by srirangan
                Ray,

The problem is that the Subcontinent is getting an overdose of cricket. It is already getting very stale. The recent India-Pakistan series was a flop. If a India-Pakistan can fail to generate enough public interest, there is a serious problem.

Before the Pakistan series, the South Africa and Lanka series too weren't able to generate enough public interest. If 1 billion Indians stop watching cricket, the corporates will be the first to abandon ship.

The ICC is crazy, for the sake of small term profits (for example the current BCCI, PCB, ICC cheifs want to make personal forutnes before their tenure runs out) the game itself is at risk.

Look at India, alternative sports to hockey and cricket are more popular than ever. By 2011, we all will be bored of cricket (I already am bored of ODI's), if there isn't a toning down of the amount of cricket played, the 2011 World Cup, the 2006 ICC Champions trophy and the 2006 World Cup, all can be major flops.

India generates more than 75% of ICC revenue, ICC & BCCI can't afford to have Indians bored of cricket.
                Srirangan,

You are right that cricket has become boring.

Very boring.

Too much of cricket.

And overpaid prima donnas.

Of course Tendulkar will get booed. Can't have holy cows become normal cows all the time and that too not giving milk anytime! Damned idiots are gifted expensive cars abroad and don't want to pay the tax either! And give gas that they are playing for India, when they want to loot the exchequer inspite of having so much of money that paying the duty is as smooth as a baby's bottom to them!

Now this overdrive over Dhoni, who requires a haircut badly. He reminds me of Asim Aqil's avtar! Totally a shaggy wooly bear! Untidy looking and unwashed too! Maybe his BO sort of stuns the fielders and so he scores runs!

And most of the cricketer come unshaven and then put on the warpaint on their eyes, nose, lips and everywhere exposed and unexposed with those wrap around Siachen googles!

...and then the miss the lofted catches which the commentators have already decided that it will be caught being a dolly and the bloke misses!

The commentators go gaga over "will Saurav return" or "will Saurav not return", as if the world will collapse!

Then that idiot Kiran More who looks like a half pint bottle talking pidgin English and looking like an ass. I have never seen a more dumb looking chap in my life! I had thought he was a chap who was selling Coca Cola on the stands!

Then we have our "Return of the Raj"; only thing he is a bloody Australian who answer to the name of Chappal (deliberate), lording around the dark little monkeys of cricketers as if he was General Dyer at Jallianwallah cracking the whip like SimonLegree, the slave driver inUncle Tom's cabin. Indeed the Indian cricketers in front of him all look like Uncle Toms.

Cricket has become a total circus!

It is as good as seeing the antics of WWF Wrestling which is another farce, but watched by a whole lot of gullible Joes!
                Last edited by Ray; 30 Apr 06,, 23:49.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I see the Indians on this board are still holding on to there British colonial past time. Cricket? Best sporting event in the World? LMFAO.
                  sigpic

Comment

ok, Dago, what is it for u? baseball(gulli-dunda)? lol...
                    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Dago,

Change your moniker.

Dago is an offensive word for a community.

Don't call yourself a Dao, unless indeed you enjoy being called with a vulgar term of hostility and contempt!

What's your national pastime?

Pocket billiards?
                      Last edited by Ray; 01 May 06,, 00:07.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Vaman
                        Congrats on being the idiot who had to respond to it. Unfortunately you werent the intended target.
                        Now STFU, you n00b.
                        Hahaha, some people just don't have a knack for sarcasm :D. Quite a shame.

Comment

Vaman, that's right. Aur buland hogi Azaadi.. as they have been trying for the past 17 years (and failing!)

Azaadi Azaadi! My *****!
                          I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

If this thread going to go on till 2011, it might as well at least focus on cricket.

Comment

I'm telling you, we'll get bored of cricket very soon. We will soon be talking about ........ FIFA 2006 FOOTBALL WORLD CUP!!!
                              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

The cricket in India is screwed for GOOD. Already Formula 1 & Football is joint second most watched sports. If narain would be racing in F1 this year too, than popularity would have gone even higher. Hockey has been totally screwed by gill & his cronies. Its dying & will ultimately die its natural death. When doemestic soccer will become more professionally setup then its going to relegate cricket even more.
                                Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Working...
                                X