Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Seux - The Cat In the Hat and the Grinch who Stole Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
      Dr Seux - The Cat In the Hat and the Grinch who Stole Christmas.
      Sir, I just finished 'The Grinch' - you are really going to like it - there is a great twist at the end!
      :)
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Done with Tech Physics1 for a month then on to Physics2 now I picked up another edition of encyclopedia of Battleships at Boarders for 5.99 on sale gotta love it.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Finishing up MacDonald's "A Time for Trumpets". A great overview of the Battle of the Bulge. I dunno what I'm going to pick up next.

-dale

Comment

Starting Narratives of Emergency in Delhi (Emergency imposed in India in Late 1970's) by Indira Gandhi.

Comment

Originally posted by Gautam
              Starting Narratives of Emergency in Delhi (Emergency imposed in India in Late 1970's) by Indira Gandhi.
              Ok tell me. Are you being punished or what? Did you piss off your mother or father or something like that? Did you offend God or what?

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
                Finishing up MacDonald's "A Time for Trumpets". A great overview of the Battle of the Bulge. I dunno what I'm going to pick up next.

-dale
                Might I recommend Cryptonomicon, followed by the trilogy 'The Baroque Cycle' comprising Quicksilver, Confusion and the System Of The World, all by Neal Stephenson. That should keep you busy for a while.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                  My lovely Liberal has excellent taste in reading subjects

I'm currently re-reading several books, since I have not bought or checked out from the library anything new.

I think my next re-read will be The Arms of Krupp by William Manchester.
                  He biographies are so packed with minutae that I always pick up a few nuggets of new information the next time I read it.

I'm in the middle of "Blind Man's Bluff - The untold story of American submarine espionage" by Sherry Sontag and Christopher Drew

Another good read, where you will recognize many of the names mentioned and/or quoted.

Comment

I just finished reading The Catcher in The Rye for school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster
                      Ok tell me. Are you being punished or what? Did you piss off your mother or father or something like that? Did you offend God or what?
                      ????

Am I supposed 2 laugh on that or or should I bang my head against the wall??

Comment

• Now I'm reading The Campaigns of Alexander by Arrian.

Comment

• I've got nothing new to read so I've started again on
                          Shackleton's Boat Journey by Frank Arthur Worsley
                          and
                          The Man Who Broke Napoleon's Codes: The Story of George Scovell by Mark Urban.
                          Next, A Near Run Thing by David Howarth which I started last year and then lost and re-found last month but thought I'd redo George Scovell first to get back in the mood.
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Just finished A Bridge Too Far by Cornelius Ryan and I'm starting JOhn Grisham's The Broker.

That should hold me over until Christmas when I have about 5 books coming.

Comment

• The Jungle Is Neutral by F. Spencer Chapman (Guerilla Tactics 101).
                              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraith601
                                Just finished A Bridge Too Far by Cornelius Ryan...
                                What an EXCELLENT book! I was riveted from front cover to back; it was a page-turner.

Comment

Working...
                                X