X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Good Advice for people with talent by George Lois

Comment

• Just started reading book 5 of "Song of Ice and Fire", the book series the Game of Thrones TV series is based on. Bloody amazing books
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• I just started reading this again.
        http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Music-Ter.../dp/0061054895
        Hilarious wonderful Magnificent!
        I laughed so much, people on the bus were giving me odd looks.
        Pratchett at his best is Simply wonderful.
        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• I am reading Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely. It follows a series of self help/psychology books that have been literally in my suitcase for about half a year now.

In my opinion, the book has given me some positive thoughts so far about restructuring my product and it's presentation to potential customers.

The research he has undertaken over many years – (referenced) incorporating some bright minds that are the product of many learning institutions in further research into areas of subconscious control by ones own brain over objective thinking is presented in a way that is very easy to understand, with a full Bibliography for anyone that wishes to read into subject matters presented within the book.
          Ego Numquam

Comment

• Just finished Monsoon: The Indian Ocean and the Future of American Power by Robert D. Kaplan I really enjoyed it.

Comment

• Cain at Gettysburg by Ralph Peters
              Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Re-reading Anatomy Of A Division-The 1st Cav Division In Vietnam by Shelby Stanton. Remains a remarkable story of how air assault saw its day and the incredible transformation of the 11 Air Assault Division (Test) into the 1st Cav Division (Airmobile).

Sidenote: Good to see Sappersgt grace our board with his presence. Long-missed but not forgotten. Welcome back, troop!
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Yeah, I've been neglecting the WAB. The GF says I need more wabbit time, says it improves my attitude. When I questioned her about my so called attitude, she reminded me I still wake up 30 minutes before dawn for "Stand To", even on weekends. Go figure.
                  Last edited by sappersgt; 19 May 12,, 08:18.
                  (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Just finished 'Sea Harrier over the Falklands' by Cdr 'Sharky' Ward.

Excellent - Couldn't lay it down.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I have just finished two following books :
                      1. KILL BIN LADEN by Dalton Fury and
                      2. SEAL-TARGET GEROMINO by Chuck Pfarrer.
                      Very interesting with only one unclear point for me :
                      The death of Musab al-Zarqawi, OBL´s deputy in Iraq, was claimed by both Tier One Special Units of JSOC, namely : Delta Force and STS (DEVGRU) !

Naturally there has been always the rivalry between D-boys on one side and the jedis of Seal Team Six (STS) on other side. But :
                      Who was actually the operator, which illuminated the target with his laser designator ? D-Boys from Fort Bragg or Jedis from Dam Neck, Virginia ? or joint again ?

Comment

• Got two books (the new WEB Griffin and the new Sanford) in the mail today, plus my World at War, AG and MHQ. Just in time for weekend house sitting!

Comment

• Out of curiosity, is there amount of posts I much reach before I can start posting a thread? I was looking for recommendations for a good yet encompassing introduction to the American Civil War, similar to what Anthony Beevor did for WW2.

Comment

• Yes. 25.

Here's a decent list. Bruce Catton's books are excellent. McPhearson's too.

Civil War Book List - NYTimes.com
                            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridgeburner_ View Post
                              Out of curiosity, is there amount of posts I much reach before I can start posting a thread? I was looking for recommendations for a good yet encompassing introduction to the American Civil War, similar to what Anthony Beevor did for WW2.
                              Recommend you drop down to the ACW forum under the History of International Conflict section. You will find 3 pages of recommendatrions there.
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                                Yeah, I've been neglecting the WAB. The GF says I need more wabbit time, says it improves my attitude. When I questioned her about my so called attitude, she reminded me I still wake up 30 minutes before dawn for "Stand To", even on weekends. Go figure.
                                Hey, sorry I missed this.

Welcome back.

Stand to....sure.

But do you combat park your vehicle still? Stand behind cover while waiting to get food off the grill?
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X