No announcement yet.

What's everyone reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished Dead Center by Ed Kugler, a Marine sniper who served 2 years in Vietnam. Great book, absolutely mind boggling, the adventures he had. I highly recommend it.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Finished "Genghis, Birth Of An Empire" by Conn Iggulden (Field of Swords), "Deaths Head" by David Gunn and "Survival of the Sickest" by Dr. Sharon Moalem.

I hit the jack pot at Barnes & Noble. The new books come out on Tuesday. Novels by Dale Brown, Harold Coyle, John Sanford and Lee Child all came out this week. I be up late reading the next few nights!
      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

The Occupation of Iraq: Winning the War, Losing the Peace - Ali A. Allawi

And "Going Postal" - Terry Pratchett
        "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
          Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People
          :sighs:
          I've got yer back on this one,Pari,believe we have read the entire series.
          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Re-reading "Uhuru" and "Something of Value" by Robert Ruark and just finished "Guns,Germs and Steel" by Jared Diamond,very interesting book if a little dry.:)
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith601 View Post
              It's tmie agian for the semi regular thread where everyone lists the booms they're reading and what they plan to read in the near future.
              I know wht you mean. Nothigns worse than finding yourself drunk and wihtout a a good boom to read.

Comment

I'm working on some of Arthur Schopenhauer's Essays and Aphorisms.

Its proving to be a pleasant read.

Comment

Goodnight Moon

"In the great green room . . ."
                  "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

I just finished nextwave agents of h.a.t.e. from MARVEL damn good comic book if you need to laugh.
                    I'm working on Distant Water by William W. Warner, about the North Atlantic Fishery 1950s to late 1970s
                    Guerrillas, Journeys in the insurgent world by Jon Lee Anderson.
                    Current Books on tape / CD are, Monstrous Regiment By Terry Pratchett and The Gallic Wars by Julius Caesar.
                    And thanks to WAB The Art of War by Henri De Jomini.

Comment

I am trying to make sense of the instruction manual ( a few bits of paper can hardly be considered a manual!) that came with my newly arrived aluminium greenhouse . As it was manufactured in Bolton, the text is in Northernese, which is a language understandable only by them. At first glance it appears to be English but none of the rules of grammar or even logic seem to apply . The number of spelling errors is doing nothing for my confidence in the firm. Needless to say, there are quite literally hundreds of pieces to be assembled!
                      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Kan Uykusu -The Blood Slumber By Serdar Akinan

Unutulanlar Dışında Yeni Birşey Yok - Nothing New Except The Forgotten Ones By Osman Pamukoğlu (Major General T.A.F.-ret.)

These two books are about the struggle against PKK Terrorism between 1993-1995. these years are important because T.A.F. has changed his main doctrine and left the stationary defensive position, instead of this they started to make a irregular war (sorry about poor translating, maybe our military prof. members can correct me) which is a kind of Guerilla-like war.

Thanks to Major General Osman Pamukoğlu (ret.) and his tactics...

i think you (all military members) may find it interesting. a lot of pictures in this link.
                        KAN UYKUSU like:

Monument of Martyrs

it is a very hard place and weather conditions to even find the enemy

captured PKK weapons

Broken Bridge near Hakkari

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Tuesdays selections

Finishing up "Cat And Mouse" by Harold Coyle. Today picked up "The Quest" by Wilbur Smith and "Requiem For An Assassin" by Barry Eisler at Barnes & Noble.
                          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Just finished "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseni. A fiction based on Afghanistan.

Reading now, "The Chamber" by John Grisham. Have a feeling that I have read it before.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

DNA computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

The Travels of Sir John Mandeville, ca. 1356AD, very interesting read, one of the foremost travel works of the 14th century, which influenced many other writers after including Marco Polo.

Comment

Working...
                                X