No announcement yet.

5 CVNs at Norfolk 1997

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went there for some research on those pics you posted. I'll check the mystery pix also
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

There is a photo somewhere (in one of my books) of all four Iowa class BB's steaming together. It only happened one time.
      sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

That was a great moment :)
        I've seen 4 or 5 pictures of that little event and I wish like they wouldve taken more pictures at the time. Ah well :((
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Can anyone post some of those pix here?
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Check the battleships board, i just added two of those pictures there :D
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Think of it. What other time in history has all of the ships of one class steamed in formation? It was the most powerful battleship flotilla in history.
              sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Well yeah, kinda sorta. It was certainly the fastest BATDIV ever assembled but there were other formations during WW II that had more battleships.
                Now, if they would've assembled that family during the 80s, now THAT would have been awesome. :sniper

Comment

Working...
                X