Best rock album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best rock album?

I'm still a big fan of Dark Side of the Moon.

Houses of the Holy would probably come next.

What are your favorites?
    Last edited by Shek; 16 Dec 09,, 05:08.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Hard to pin it down to just one.

Maybe "Back in Black".

Its one of the albums that I can listen to any time .

Comment

Beatles

Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
      Attached Files
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

The Who-Quadrophenia

The song "The Real Me" pretty much sums up my formative years.
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

So this would be old geezers from the seventies best rock album then?

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I am biased, and I'm not sure this is the best one ever, but for me the best is Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen.

Comment

The Ultimate Compliment

"So this would be old geezers from the seventies best rock album then?"

Came out in 1967 like Peppers. Her Satanic Majesty's Request came out months after Pepper's. The parallels were a bit too profound for many. Some call it the Stones' worst album ever.

I dunno. Sorta like 2000 Light Years From Home meself.:))
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Well since Shek already picked dark side of the moon, I'll list another of my all-time favorites, which would be a close second

Pearl Jam - Ten

Yeah, that's right. He said Pearl Jam

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                  "So this would be old geezers from the seventies best rock album then?"

Came out in 1967 like Peppers. Her Satanic Majesty's Request came out months after Pepper's. The parallels were a bit too profound for many. Some call it the Stones' worst album ever.

I dunno. Sorta like 2000 Light Years From Home meself.:))
                  I meant to throw in sixties but nobody remembers them

For some reason I've always liked HSM more than SP, dunno why, maybe because it reminds me of the first few times I listened to it.
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Rolling Stone's Top 500 L.P.s

No wish to prejudice anybody here in the voting but here's what Rolling Stone thought-

Rolling Stone's Top 500 Albums Of All Time

I've eighteen of the top twenty, missing only on Elvis' Sun Sessions (must listen someday) and M.J.'s Thriller, which I HATE.

Comment

Led Zeppelin...Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                        Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
                        Totally agree! As well as:
                        Attached Files
                        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                        sigpic

Comment

The Joshua Tree - U2

For some reason I find many 1960's albums "simplistic" for lack of a better term, not in production but in musical craftsmanship. Many, not all. In the 1970's Rock really leaped forward. 1980's, 90% of it is crap, but with hidden gems.

Comment

I can't get a picture to load, but I'd have to say my favorite is The Who's Who's Next.

A close runner up would be Boston's' first album...love that wall of sound!
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Nevermind by Nirvana

And also And Justice for all and Ride the Lightning by metallica(Although these would come as metal)

Comment

Working...
                              X