Best rock album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    I can't get a picture to load, but I'd have to say my favorite is The Who's Who's Next.

A close runner up would be Boston's' first album...love that wall of sound!
    Definitely

Comment

A.R. Reply

"I can't get a picture to load, but I'd have to say my favorite is The Who's Who's Next."

Let me help, fellow Who-nick.
      Attached Files
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

This thread should have been second best rock album, then we would have something to discuss.

Everyone knows Dark Side is the best rock album ever... ;)
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

For my money, if I were stranded on an island with only one album to listen to forever, it would have to be 'Bat out of Hell'.

In my opinion, it is the single album without which no collection is complete. It is just AWESOME, from start to finish, with a lot o GREAT, some GOOD, and no BAD.

Comment

Oh, and also 'Live Bullet'. Because...DAYUM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
              For my money, if I were stranded on an island with only one album to listen to forever, it would have to be 'Bat out of Hell'.

In my opinion, it is the single album without which no collection is complete. It is just AWESOME, from start to finish, with a lot o GREAT, some GOOD, and no BAD.
              Oh yeah. Good call. I forgot about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                Oh yeah. Good call. I forgot about that one.
                Yeah ditto. It was a hot summers night and the beach was burning..
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post

Beat me to it Keith , paradise by the dashboard light

Comment

Does a "Greatest Hits" album count? :)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                      I can't get a picture to load, but I'd have to say my favorite is The Who's Who's Next.

A close runner up would be Boston's' first album...love that wall of sound!

That is one of my favorites too and one i had thought of posting when i saw this thread. Then there is Journey's "Escape" that i like just as much.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                        Does a "Greatest Hits" album count? :)
                        This one would for me,good choice there Timmy.
                        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                          This one would for me,good choice there Timmy.
                          Thankyou, Uncle Shamus.

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                            No wish to prejudice anybody here in the voting but here's what Rolling Stone thought-

Rolling Stone's Top 500 Albums Of All Time

I've eighteen of the top twenty, missing only on Elvis' Sun Sessions (must listen someday) and M.J.'s Thriller, which I HATE.
                            Who made up this list? Plastic Ono Band rates higher than Ziggy Stardust and Tapestry? WTF over

Never mind the Bollocks higher than Dark side of the moon.

I think this list was cut and pasted from High Times.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever
                              Does a "Greatest Hits" album count?
                              Seconded.
                              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

I think I am waaaay too young for this thread.

And while I love myself some Meat Loaf I will never understand how Americans can connect something boring like Baseball with Sex...oh and btw...just four bases? I am sorry but you must be doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X