IDF Girls Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glyn View Post
    They cut off the end, of his very best friend....(sung to the tune of Home on the Range) I'm obliged to you Sir for the explanation.
    Sir?
    Sir?

Are you running scared or something? Afraid to face my cutting wit perhaps
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

:Sighs:

edit

Nope, changed my mind, the one on the left

:sighs:
      Last edited by Parihaka; 18 Jan 07,, 12:45.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Indeed.
        Is it me or are those salutes rather sloppy? (Not to mention one of them appears to be using the wrong arm?).
        The Israeli Army is very very informal like that. Officers and enlisted troops call each other by their first name, no saluting mostly (which you can't do on the battlefield anyway). In fact in the Golani Brigade, which is their mountain troops outfit and tough as nails, they're actually SUPPOSED TO call their officers by their first names

Meh. What they as an Army lack in discipline, they make up for when actually fighting. Different paradigm I suppose, different mentality as a society.
        In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
        The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
          The Israeli Army is very very informal like that. Officers and enlisted troops call each other by their first name, no saluting mostly (which you can't do on the battlefield anyway).
          Not a bad idea in a combat zone. That's also followed in the US Military because the person being saluted is ripe meat for a sniper (as well as the white stripe painted on the back of steel pot helmets to identify commissioned officer or NCO. Really bright).
          Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
            Not a bad idea in a combat zone. That's also followed in the US Military because the person being saluted is ripe meat for a sniper (as well as the white stripe painted on the back of steel pot helmets to identify commissioned officer or NCO. Really bright).
            Yessir, exactly. In fact, I suspect its better the Israeli way. Because our soldiers have to unlearn that automatic reaction to salute when they are deployed, whereas theirs are already well adjusted.
            In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
            The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Sigh! BOYS!

However, that said, I'll take the one of the two apartently standing guard at some sporting match. If it is a real picture, and many of those pictures do cause one to wonder, then it just reaffirms that we all have a job to do.

That, and I point out that in that group shot? At least 4 of them seem rather close. Between the ones in the rear line with one's hand on the other's thigh and those in the front with a good hug on each other.
              --------------------------------------------
              ("Oh! It's suppose to be me to remove your clothes?"--french actress
              "Yes."--"man" in the picture
              "(Sigh), like any other boy.", (w,stte), "local art film")
              Last edited by SnowLeopard; 16 Jan 07,, 21:55.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
                Sigh! BOYS!

However, that said, I'll take the one of the two apartently standing guard at some sporting match. If it is a real picture, and many of those pictures do cause one to wonder, then it just reaffirms that we all have a job to do.

That, and I point out that in that group shot? At least 4 of them seem rather close. Between the ones in the rear line with one's hand on the other's thigh and those in the front with a good hug on each other.
                In picture 11 where there is a bunch in a meeting room of some sort. Must have been a boring speech because in the far right background a girl is sound asleep on a man's shoulder.

And the very last picture of the series, I like the one who is instructing care and handling of an M-16.
                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                  In picture 11 where there is a bunch in a meeting room of some sort. Must have been a boring speech because in the far right background a girl is sound asleep on a man's shoulder........
                  As is the lad on the other side of the back row. While it appears the woman in the foreground on the same side is wearing her brother's shirt.

Same thing with the haphazard multisalute picture. It appears to be reversed.

Old trick with looking at photographs to see if it is reversed or not. If there is not language or some other noticable 'landmark' such as the placement of the Island in a picture, try to look at the lay of the shirts. It can be prone to failure in certain situations for I found when on SP in Agusta Bay at the 'stores', sailors would buy great looking shirts without knowing the gender difference between shirts and other places like Australian Zoo don't appear to care, but it's one possible approach.

Some look like a joke, some look like an alternate organization (as in the Dallas (or was it Texas?) Cowgirls as oppose to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders), some look serious, and some look like pictures taken for the scrapbook.
                  -------------------------------------------------------
                  ("Denise, you already know."--Chalet Matron to O, introducing the other girls there for "refresher" instruction
                  "Yes! We were in the Army together!"--Denise, a friend from the orientation Chateau, (w,stte), "The Story of O")

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                    Sir?
                    Sir?

Are you running scared or something? Afraid to face my cutting wit perhaps
                    Merely trying to be polite, O mighty Moderator. ( You should give it a go sometime, even though it is clear that you are completely untrained in the social graces.) Cutting wit? Muahahahaha. As sharp as a bag of eclairs, if you want to know, but thanks for bringing a smile to my careworn features!
                    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Very few mingers there unlike during my time in British Green at a time when our 'ladies' were women soldiers in the Womens Royal Army Corps (WRAC) but commonly known as Weekly Ration of Army C*** to the lads (will this comment be consigned to the cyber bin?)

Comment

Originally posted by Callmecur View Post
                        (will this comment be consigned to the cyber bin?)
                        As long as you're not making it a regular habit to repeat such anecdotes, no. ;)

(That particular word is automatically censored of course)
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Around these parts I dont see many Israeli women except for the summertime down the beaches where they come to work for the season. There are some real cuties as the posted pics already show.
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Callmecur View Post
                            Very few mingers there unlike during my time in British Green at a time when our 'ladies' were women soldiers in the Womens Royal Army Corps (WRAC) but commonly known as ........
                            Etc.. How women are viewed in not the best of light in the military at various levels in the ranks is a well known subject. I've heard, for example, more than once for tenders to be referred to as floating bordellos, to put it nicely.

Equally, had many of a military police report where someone was found in the opposite sex's berthing after hours.

But there are two basic points to be remembered. They, be it soldiers, sailors, marines, or aircrew, are adults. One treats them as such and no less. Further, the harder you let them play, they harder they will fight.
                            -------------------------------------------
                            (General's female driver comes in with quite a shiner. "What happened to you?"--General
                            "Got into a fight at the 440 LightClub, but you should have seen what happened (ie, what I did to her) to the other gal."--driver, (wtte), personal history)

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                              Crap, I need a cigarette.
                              Me tooo...pfew!

Comment

When I was stationed at NSA, a colleague in my office went to Israel on an analyst exchange program.

He said his first encounter with Israeli military was a female soldier backstopping the Customs guy. He said it was love at first sight. Armed with an assault rifle, uniformed in a blouse that had the top three buttons hanging on for dear life and a black beret at a rake over one of her coal-black eyes and covering a shiny sable ponytail spilling over her fetchingly-open collar, and a 'dam'-you-me-lad' smoldering gaze that had him thinking impure thoughts within his first moment of arriving in the Holy Land.

He developed an abiding interest in ancient culture on the spot, and vows to study more of the area on a return trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X