No announcement yet.

Irish???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious what you consider "pretty hot" in Minnesota, ironman.

I'm unfortunately a Vikings fan, so I've wondered what their "grueling summer practices" force them to endure.

(Please guys, don't laugh too much... I already hear it enough from Stinger and my other "friends". Besides, their performance in recent years shames me enough.)
    I never understood "fire for effect". I thought the firing WAS the effect...

Comment

I noticed you dumped Culpepper from the Fantasy league :D
      Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfrogger

I'm unfortunately a Vikings fan, so I've wondered what their "grueling summer practices" force them to endure.

(Please guys, don't laugh too much... I already hear it enough from Stinger and my other "friends". Besides, their performance in recent years shames me enough.)
        We've had about 5-6 days in the 100's and maybe 20 in the 90's.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Okay, 100's can qualify.

As for dumping Culpepper... yeah, he had to go. Wasn't paying attention to his sacks from last year. His rushing might make up for it, but I'm gonna keep him under a microscope the first few weeks.

(Sorry, off topic I know...)

:Dbanana

Comment

Originally posted by ironman420

We've had about 5-6 days in the 100's and maybe 20 in the 90's.
            holy crap man, its 68 here

Comment

68?? Fahrenheit?!?

See, I could relate if that was in Celsius... 'cuz that's about what it feels like in this oven known affectionately as Texas.

I don't honestly remember 68... back in February or March, maybe. Stinger? Any help on that one?

I'm getting excited that the high on Friday is supposedly only 94... a cold weekend in August!!!

Comment

LOL! Temp's here average at anywhere from 25-35C
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

68?? Fahrenheit?!?

See, I could relate if that was in Celsius... 'cuz that's about what it feels like in this oven known affectionately as Texas.

I don't honestly remember 68... back in February or March, maybe. Stinger? Any help on that one?

I'm getting excited that the high on Friday is supposedly only 94... a cold weekend in August!!!

It got down to 68 in May or June... but that was probly because of all the hail....

Comment

Hail in Texas?
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Obviously you've never met anyone from Texas, BR.

The saying is:

"If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait around a while."

Because we're off the Gulf of Mexico and between two mountain ranges, we've got a veritable cornucopia of weather, to suit everyone's tastes.

We get rain, wind, hail, sleet, snow (RARELY), ice, tornadoes, hurricanes, dust storms, thunder, lightning, sun, clouds, etc...

It'll be 90 degrees and beautiful one day, and 50 degrees, raining and stormy the next. It's incredible.

Comment

Does it snow?

Comment

Most of the time we get sleet, but sometimes we get snow. Either way shut the whole place down if we get more than an inch of either.

Froggy you forgot to mention SUN in the appropriate context.

And also sometimes (Fall) it can be 85 degrees when you get to Work(school) and 35 degrees when you leave.

Comment

When I was in NY over the summer and last year, it would be 90 F outside in the middle of a thunderstorm.

Comment

Yeah, that happens here.

Yesterday, for example, the high was 99... and we had thunderstorms for a portion of the afternoon.

Have I mentioned that I despise humidity?

Thank God I don't live in Houston... :-(

Oh yeah, sorry about the bad 'sun' reference... more like this:

SUN

Comment

I can't recall a day this summer where the humidity wasn't at least 70%

Comment

Working...
                                X