No announcement yet.

Movie Madness!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can rotate Taras Bulba, Zulu!, The Longest Day, L.A. Confidential, The Usual Suspects, The Big Lebowski (of course), Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill (Pts. I & II), Saving Private Ryan, Bridge Over The River Kwai and The Great Escape without ever tiring. Many others but these are absolute fixtures.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

All greats Steve! Its really a hard to pinpoint one. I think we did once, actually, I think I posed something like "if you were marooned on a island with just one movie, what would it be?" The question of just one was impossible for WABbers(prbly cuz we r so smart...hehhe) but anyone who appreciates film, can't possibly choose just one, which I realized was the fallacy of my thread.

Comment

Okay, we have 48 movies mentioned so far. 14 more and I will build the bracket, and then it's voting time!
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The Last of the Mohicans (Daniel Day Lewis version).
          Master and Commander.
          Catch 22.

Comment

Cleopatra(the old one),The Vikings ,El Cid,Tora Tora Tora,Michael the Brave(romanian),The Deluge(polish) ,War and Peace(Bondarchuk's version),Waterloo,Kagemusha,Robin Hood(Eroll Flynn version),13th Warrior,Blackhawk down,apocalypse now,Deer hunter,Das Boot,all 4 Rambo's.Most of Mel Gibson's.All those already mentioned.
            Those who know don't speak
            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

I bet you are al like me and need to Break it down to your #1 film of that particular year .............. and even then at times you have to have a tie-breaker :Dancing-Banana:

So many good films and catagories.
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

I, Claudius (TV mini-series 1976) - IMDb
                J'ai en marre.

Comment

Ahh,that's good.Speaking of good ole Romans-Ben Hur&Masada.Those are also with Jews,to keep Ben happy.
                  Those who know don't speak
                  He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

concur..... brilliant
                    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

I've taken the first 64 movies mentioned here, and I'll be setting up a bracket over the weekend. Hopefully first polls will go out Sunday. Anyone care to place a wager on what they think the winner is going to be?
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

bigross86 - response

Anyone care to place a wager on what they think the winner is going to be?
                        2 to 1 - Gladiator
                        3 to 1 - Shawshank redemption
                        5 to 1 - Das Boot

8 to 1 the field......................
                        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Here you have it, ladies and gentlefolk! The brackets for WAB Movie Madness. I tried my very best to pair movies according to some sort of theme, but unfortunately it didn't always work out, especially near the end. First round coming up shortly!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bigross86; 19 Mar 11,, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                            Shawshank Redemption. I know I've watched this movie 20 times if not more. :)
                            Great movie. Just watched it again a few weeks ago.

Have you seen Appaloosa, Ed Harris's flick? I could watch it non-stop. Rich in detail.

Tom Horn with Steve McQueen is another. Both painstakingly researched to be historically accurate.
                            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Kudos Benny

brilliant job Benny........ sure some tough decisions to be made there and seeing it like that "the betting odds" need severly revising ....great job
                              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Sounds like fun Ben! This should be interesting. I think you paired them up well.

Comment

Working...
                                X