5th WAB Modelers Contest: Naval Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Chap View Post
    As soon as I get my camera back, I shall submit "HMS Tanquray". Made of polystyrene packing and carved by kitchen knife, she is held together by toothpicks, carries one bottle of gin, one of tonic; in place of fore and aft turrets she boasts two ashtrays. Her four funnels consist of tallboy glasses cooled by a bed of crushed ice.

Although a little broad abeam she has pretty lines and sports twin lighters.

And the white ensign!

Her home port is my garden frame pool but due to inclement UK whether/weather has rarely put out to date.
    Sounds like a broadside from her could be quite "staggering";) .
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
      Gorgeous stuff guys. I don't have a dog in this hunt - my only ships are designed for movie-screen vacuum. ;)

-dale
      Dale, have you got any that you want keyed into a star scene? If so, photograph them against a single high colour background, no flash, single light source (preferably not a colour that is close to one on your model) and I'll key them in. If you've got a star scene you want them in, just post that too and I'll put em together.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

No models, only this for you Sealubbers

He bought a large map representing the Sea
        Without the least vestige of land:
        And the Crew were much pleased when they found it to be
        A map they could all understand.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
          No models, only this for you Sealubbers

He bought a large map representing the Sea
          Without the least vestige of land:
          And the Crew were much pleased when they found it to be
          A map they could all understand.
          Oi, you've pinched that from shhh you know where shhh, and I submitted it! That is plagiarism
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
            Oi, you've pinched that from shhh you know where shhh, and I submitted it! That is plagiarism
            Never, Plagiarism NEVER wrote that..it was way before his time!!!:) ..he must have stolen it

Comment

I won't tell Lewis Carroll if you don't
              Last edited by dave lukins; 17 Aug 07,, 22:20.

Comment

OK, OK here is one that is not by Glyn, I mean, submitted by Glyn

He was thoughtful and grave but the Orders he gave were enough to bewilder a Crew

When he cried "Steer to Starboard, but keep her Larboard!"

What on earth is a Helmsman to do?:)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                  I won't tell Lewis Carroll if you don't
                  Yes, yes. I plagiarised it from Lewis Carroll ( as I plagiarise so many others!). That's one thing, but to plagiarise the bloke from your old regiment is quite another.
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Yes, yes. I plagiarised it from Lewis Carroll ( as I plagiarise so many others!). That's one thing, but to plagiarise the bloke from your old regiment is quite another.
                    Quite ashamed!! will reduced myself by five Ranks

Comment

I built a model of a 1/200 scale Yamato.. worst plastic I've ever worked with.. sitting on a shelf in my dad's house 6" of the bow friggin fell off..

Unfortunately, being onboard a destroyer sailing up the Western US Coastline from San Diego to Seattle right now I don't have access too any of the models that I built when I was younger..

Comment

Originally posted by dundonrl View Post
                        I built a model of a 1/200 scale Yamato.. worst plastic I've ever worked with.. sitting on a shelf in my dad's house 6" of the bow friggin fell off..

Unfortunately, being onboard a destroyer sailing up the Western US Coastline from San Diego to Seattle right now I don't have access too any of the models that I built when I was younger..
                        The Contests are on going. When you have the time please show off the models..I love to see them, but that is far as it goes with me.

The kids say it's got something to do with having "sausage fingers", a quick temper, and no patience..I said "rubbish" and gave them a slap around the head oops! there goes that temper again

Comment

It is a bit late... I suppose I ought to get around to putting up the voting thread. :)
                          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                            It is a bit late... I suppose I ought to get around to putting up the voting thread. :)
                            I just had to vote for the highly detailed Musashi model. It is gorgeous.

However the Tirpitz model's paint job is very, very eye catching.
                            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

My vote:

1 Musashi
                              2 Alabama
                              3 that hull in Rusty's pix...:)
                              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Did I accidentally link to this thread when sending out the email?
                                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                                X