No announcement yet.

Vote for your favorite model!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the F 14 since it looks very neat in construction.

The engine is also good

But creativity is with the self designed one.

And I like tanks.

Awfully difficult to choose!

If there was separate gradation for various factors, then maybe the head would rule over the eyes!
    Last edited by Ray; 01 Mar 07,, 19:08.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Callmecur View Post
      Damn, wrong models, was hoping to see Kate Moss et al....
      heck, even I thought so....wrong title...should be Scale models.

TJ gets my vote.

Rusty gets the second vote...nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by kams View Post
        Rusty gets the second vote...nicely done.
        Thank you. Actually it was sort of fun kit-bashing from two other models and coming out with a more correct representation. Gives you a better feeling of accomplishment than just putting tab A into slot B.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

TJ gets my vote.Although Rusty ol boy is also very close.

I realised getting a good shot of your model is as important as the model itself.

btw..Nord would "own" this competition if he wanted..lol.
          Last edited by MarquezRazor; 02 Mar 07,, 06:50.

Comment

TJ.

Comment

Gotta vote for the M-41, nice wash job by the pic looks like it's been slugging it out with the Norks or Mr Charles.

Comment

Settleing down into a 2 horse race now between TJ and RB air or land ......heres me an ex Tanky voted for a train......well I liked it :)
                sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Polling will be closed in 36 hours. If you haven't cast your vote yet, do it now! :)
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Tough!

I've gone for the choo-choo on the assumption that it works.

Perhaps a contest for functioning creations?

'reason being: if TJ has a flying 'plane the train - lovely tho it is - is still a train.

Requiring less artistic flair but considerable ingenuity I did drunkenly construct a working trebuchet using only one week of The Telegraph and sticky tape.

I used the Gaudian;) as flaming ammo.
                    Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

With 43 votes cast, 20 have voted for the Navy F-14 submitted by texasjohn.

Hereby, I declare texasjohn the winner of the 1st WAB Modeling Contest!

Salutations to RustyBattleship, romail, and MarquezRazor for their submissions. There will be many more contests in the future, and everyone will have an opportunity to enter the fray once again!

An FYI, the next modeling contest will be dioramas, as selected by the venerable Bluesman, and will be launched within the next 48 hours.
                      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Congrats Texasjohn well done Sir,,Bravo!!!

Comment

Shabash TJ.

Comment

Thank you one and all for the votes.

I must accept this with much HUMILITY, simply because, I have seen the work of REAL modellers like Nord, Dalem etc. who either missed the deadline or were not aware of the contest. Had the likes of them contributed, they would have smoked me. I have 3 other models I am building and hope to improve as I do.

GLYN, is in the process of building a couple of tanks - perhaps it can be a joint effort by the tankies here!!!! Right Glyn??:)

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post

GLYN, is in the process of building a couple of tanks - perhaps it can be a joint effort by the tankies here!!!! Right Glyn??:)
                              Er, TJ it might be a bit too strong to say 'in the process'! I have elevated sloth and prevarication to an art form.:) Stage 1 was finding out if the AFVs I wanted were available in a common scale. Stage 2 was ordering them. Stage 3 was opening the boxes (one at a time, naturally). Stage 4 was some trial painting of the pieces on sprue to check the colour. Stage 5 was putting them away somewhere secure. Stage 6 is happening now as people are reminding me to get on with it. Stage 7 will happen when (if?) I get so disgusted with myself that I actually knuckle down and do it. I am unable to predict when Stage 7 will occur
                              Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Yo congrats Texasjohn! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X