• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shek View Post
    Yamazaki 12 is a winner in my book!

Baby's home finally!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks, gents.

And Shek, you really know how to get a guys attention!
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

• I prefer scotch. Bourbon is too smoky for me. I know some love that smoky flavor, but it's just not my thing.

I've tried Johnny Walker black (too smoky) and blue (better, but still smoky).

Glenfiddich 12 is just barely palatable; 15 still burns; 18 is better.

I've tried Glenmorangie 10 year. Not my thing.

I have yet to try Highland Park.

I know my dad has a bottle of Macallan 18. I need to get to it....

By the way, I'm more of a cognac guy. It's sweeter and not as smoky. Unfortunately the price of Hennesy XO went from $130 about 18 months ago to $230 right now.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Defcon5 View Post
          [ATTACH]38097[/ATTACH]

Baby's home finally!!!!
          Aint 12 years old mate , it says aged 12 years which mean chemically aged , it could have been bottled yesterday .

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
            Aint 12 years old mate , it says aged 12 years which mean chemically aged , it could have been bottled yesterday .
            Not really.

Yamazaki 12 Year Old Whisky - Master of Malt

Comment

• Add to the list Jagermeister! Though less alcoholic than whiskeys :)
              Is this a thread for only whiskeys? Havana Club Rum is awesome too, but I couldn't get it in USA! Soma cuban commodities ban....

Comment

• Originally posted by popillol View Post
                Add to the list Jagermeister! Though less alcoholic than whiskeys :)
                Is this a thread for only whiskeys? Havana Club Rum is awesome too, but I couldn't get it in USA! Soma cuban commodities ban....
                Clues in the title mate , and Jagermeister doubles up for cough mixture imo .

Comment

Jagermeister doubles up for cough mixture imo .
                  Off topic, but healthy

Comment

• Originally posted by Defcon5 View Post
                    Yes really , it says , AGED 12 YEARS ,,,,,,,NOT 12 YEARS OLD , designed to fool .

Comment

Yes really , it says , AGED 12 YEARS ,,,,,,,NOT 12 YEARS OLD , designed to fool .
                      There is no recognized difference between "aged" vs "years old" as far as SWR is concerned. A numerical year associated with "aged" or "years old" references the maturation period of the youngest whiskey within the brand to the closest complete year. However, considering Yamazaki is not technically scotch, it does not fall under SWR. That being said, Yamazaki is a superb distillery that has no incentive (or need for that matter) to cheapen itself. Japanese Whiskeys in general are quite remarkable and should not be "lessened" as a single malt simply because it isn't distilled in Scotland. If deception is intended, "12 years old" could be equally misleading- I could let the whiskey mature just long enough to have color and let it sit around in the warehouse for 12 years and claim "12 years old". Although technically true, it means very little considering I care about years of maturation, not how "old" the drink is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ace16807 View Post
                        There is no recognized difference between "aged" vs "years old" as far as SWR is concerned. A numerical year associated with "aged" or "years old" references the maturation period of the youngest whiskey within the brand to the closest complete year. However, considering Yamazaki is not technically scotch, it does not fall under SWR. That being said, Yamazaki is a superb distillery that has no incentive (or need for that matter) to cheapen itself. Japanese Whiskeys in general are quite remarkable and should not be "lessened" as a single malt simply because it isn't distilled in Scotland. If deception is intended, "12 years old" could be equally misleading- I could let the whiskey mature just long enough to have color and let it sit around in the warehouse for 12 years and claim "12 years old". Although technically true, it means very little considering I care about years of maturation, not how "old" the drink is.
                        Fooled

Comment

Fooled
                          Explain/prove.

Comment

• The father in law recently bought me a bottle of Laphroaig Triple Wood and the stuff is amazing, peaty and complex but doesnt hit you in the face with a brick like the quarter cask does. Definitely has my recommendation.
                            The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

• Originally posted by ace16807 View Post
                              Explain/prove.
                              Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk you could have done a simple search like this ,, the proof is in the labelling , if it is 12 years old it would state 12 years old ,,,not AGED 12 years

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...GNcR0Fivwci9hA

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...jb5tYoTE2eVKJA

heres some that state 12 years old , not aged 12 years

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...C-PPlEz6h0xB4w

Loads of links mate , when spending my hard earned I want to know what im getting , enjoy :tankie:

Comment

• Even chivas regal / j/w black label as aged 12 years ? fooled lots me included until i was shown the light on a tv doc . swines , push the price up with misleading labels

Comment

Working...
                                X